Who're the best American online retailers?

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Who're the best American online retailers?

Post by Shingster »

Why not wait and see if B&N will include it in their November 50% sale?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

saltysam wrote:
HungFist wrote: it was $157 last week, $202 now. Pacific is the only one that offers comparable price...
http://www.importcds.com/movies/2649548 ... -swordsman can only actually order it a month before release though
I found this site before, and was wondering about the pre-order thing... thanks.
Shingster wrote:Why not wait and see if B&N will include it in their November 50% sale?
Even if they did, I'm not too convinced they'll deliver. I know several people (in Finland) who waited for three weeks and then had their order cancelled. And Zatoichi will surely be a hit during the sale, so...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Shingster wrote:Why not wait and see if B&N will include it in their November 50% sale?
Are B&N customs friendly? (I think you have to ask them to mark orders as "books") :dontknow:
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

HungFist wrote:Even if they did, I'm not too convinced they'll deliver. I know several people (in Finland) who waited for three weeks and then had their order cancelled. And Zatoichi will surely be a hit during the sale, so...
There's always a chance of that, but it's pretty damn low imo, I've placed god knows how many orders over the years and they have all turned up. Even if you don't want to chance B&N you could still wait and get a better deal from Amazon I bet. They will definitely discount it at some point imo. Of course if you're happy paying around $150 then it doesn't really matter.
grim_tales wrote:Are B&N customs friendly? (I think you have to ask them to mark orders as "books") :dontknow:
They used to mark everything as "books" automatically, but they stopped doing that at some point this year! The people who ordered in their last Criterion sale had their packages labelled correctly as "discs". Now that the chance to get stung is there they're actually as customs unfriendly as you can get now thanks to their annoying tendency of splitting orders with multiple titles into randomly multiple shipments (whether you choose the "ship everything in as few shipments as possible" option!