The Wherehouse & Secondspin Vouchers Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Curse of the Golden Flower BD (Region A) is £10 Delivered ($19.99).

I've gone for Volver, the last copy.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

The Blu Rays are not great bargains sadly, only one or two are cheaper than other places and many are region a locked as well so I cannot get any of the bargains anyway :(

But I did get Apocalypto for £8 last sale, got it the other day, seems to be a brand new Blu Ray. Staggering picture too when I stuick it on to check if it was region free and the films superb, cannot wait to see the HD version.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Region locked? That's so yesterday :D. Thankfully there is only on Region B disc I want though (My Blueberry Nights).

Sadly agreed, most HD Discs aren't bargains. It doesn't help that Second spin have so few. Curse of the Golden Flower and Volver are bargains though, just about.

Apocalypto is pretty good but I wouldn't buy it. I'd give it 6 out of 10.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i thought Apocalypto was great :) i'm still waiting on one of my orders from the last offer, 28 days later came the other day in a massive box,was in a plain black dvd case so will have to get a replacement case
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

All mine come in stupidly sized boxes. It's very annoying as they won't fit in through the letter box meaning a mad dash to the depot before it shuts.

I've had one in a black BD case too. It's the price you pay for second hand stock. I've only had one this way, thankfully. I too just got some cheap off ebay.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Apocalypto blew me away. I will say I have only seen a crap pre screener dvd with soddig logos on it, I never watch such thing ever even when I had to review dvds, as frankly they suck. But I liked it and bought the film, so do not feel too guilty :D I guess I never expected the film to be good.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Ordered a few more

CSI Miami Season 5 for £14, not ordered any TV shows yet, 6 dvds = more chance one may be a bit messy. Will take the chance as thses seasons re damn expensive sometimes.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Don't they check the discs first? The cases are usually the risky part.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I am sure they do check the discs, but a single mark can make a disc not work :) all mine seem fine so far, some are not perfect, but they look like they wil work.

I am suprised they dont use one of them dvd repair machines which takes the layer off and cleans them of scratches to make them at least look brand new, may be too time consuiming.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Here's another Wherehouse.com offer:

Source: E-Mail.

I've gone for Speed, for £10 delivered :D.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

www.wherehouse.com -

20% Off + Free Shipping - whbigmarch
Expires - UK 05/03/09

I cannot find any worth getting but you might.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:
I cannot find any worth getting but you might.
They have something like 200000 dvds and cd's surley even you can find something :D it does take years to go thru them I will admit haha I spent hours last time they had the offer on, found maybe 40 items and cost me bugger all for them all.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:They have something like 200000 dvds and cd's
I only tend to buy specific Albums I'm interested in and rarely buy DVDs.
romerojpg wrote:it does take years to go thru them I will admit haha
Exactly. They should do something about this. I went through through some of the BDs.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

BD's are worthless from them, the exchange rate is a joke it guts any kind of deals :(

CD's even new titles you can get for a few quid, I got a few brand new albums last time (they were suposed to be used, they were not) and they had only been out a matter of months, bobby dazzlers :D but again the exchange rate is getting worse by the week :(

Soon getting anything from US of A will be pointless and silly :( ohh bring back the good old days...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:BD's are worthless from them, the exchange rate is a joke it guts any kind of deals :(
Thanks for reminding me :(.
romerojpg wrote:but again the exchange rate is getting worse by the week :(
You're right, it's getting worse and worse. I'll take a look thanks.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

When it hits £1 to $1 we can all move to america :lol: as this country will be gone to hell.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Wherehouse & Secondspin Vouchers Thread!

Post by bradavon »

25% Off + Free Shipping on USED titles until the 24/03/11 at http://www.wherehouse.com: JUST4UWH

Annoyingly I can only find a handful of USED instead of NEW titles. Can anyone find any good deals?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

CD time maybe for me. Found tonnes of amazing bargains last time (it took me hours), had them in my basket used a voucher and it had ran out by minutes :lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Doh! There is also a "Buy three, get the fourth free" code on the homepage but postage isn't included, so I doubt it works out as good and you can only use one code per order.

Now I use Spotify, I've little use for CDs any more. Have you spotted any DVD or BD bargains?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Have not looked yet, as I know I will be on ages :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I looked for about 30-45 mins earlier whilst at work (during quiet moments) and came up with nothing of value. I thought Predators was a bargain for a second but it's only £9.99 at Amazon.

If you could post any please.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yeah I would not expect any Blu Rays at all myself, UK prices decimate Americans after importing them I always find in sales still.

CD's I think I will be concentrating on.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:UK prices decimate Americans after importing them I always find in sales still.
True. You'd think with 25% Off, Free Postage and that they're Used, you'd find some bargains but I guess not.