Terminator: Genysis

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Terminator: Genysis

Post by Markgway »

Man, does this look like a pile o' shite?!

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62E4FJTwSuc

I expect this to be the A Good Day to Die Hard of the T-franchise.

It's even got 2x4 Jai Courtney in it.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Terminator: Genysis

Post by HungFist »

Yeah, it does. Looks like a childish CGI superhero fest with recycled scenes from the earlier films.

So far I've gone to see all the new films Schwarzenegger has been in, but I doubt I'll be seeing this.
Markgway wrote: I expect this to be the A Good Day to Die Hard of the T-franchise.
I think the previous Terminator film was worse than A Good Day to Die Hard :banghead: And this looks even worse.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote: I think the previous Terminator film was worse than A Good Day to Die Hard :banghead: And this looks even worse.
My expectations for Salvation were quite low, but I ended up thinking it was pretty decent. None of the Terminator films to date have been bad, it's just that compared to the Cameron entries they're mediocre. I think this new one will be the first that's genuinely bad.
Tenchu1998
Jade Tiger

Post by Tenchu1998 »

Haha... Byunghun Lee is in this... It seems now the Koreans have taken the place of the Chinese when it comes to getting crappy roles in crappy Hollywood movies. I hope they paid him a lot of money for it, though. Dude better not end up like Chow Yun Fat, because I feel bad for Chow Yun Fat these days.

But you already know that Hollywood doesn't give a crap about Terminator other than to milk the franchise as much as possible to make money off of it somehow. Already with Terminator 3 it was a terrible attempt at reviving a popular franchise and make money off of it. Cameron was always a "thinking man's Michael Bay", and he directed great, bombastic action movies which he build from the ground up. Now, all of our beloved 1980s and 1990s pop cultural trademarks, have turned into fast food just like fast food in the 1990s has turned into even worse and faster fast food today.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Seriously, do I have to take my word back?

I read a Finnish review by a pretty reliable critic who was expecting the film to be crap, and he said that although it doesn't really impress in terms of action and special effects, it's excellently written and features one of Schwarzenegger's best roles.

Cameron was also praising the film, although it's worth keeping in mind the man hasn't done anything worthwhile in almost 20 years.

Consider me slightly interested, though I'm still fully expecting at least the action to suck. Hmmm....