Ridley Scott signs to Direct new Blade Runner movie

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Ridley Scott signs to Direct new Blade Runner movie

Post by luckystars »

I kid you not. Very brave move!! And the Alien films not even out for a year...must be very confident about it!
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Ridley Scott signs to Direct new Blade Runner movie

Post by HungFist »

Sad. The greatest sci-fi film of all time... even if the new film was succesful, it would almost certainly pale in comparison. Scott needs to have some real aces in his backpocket to make this work. Otherwise it's just gonna look... lame.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

I don't like Scott's recent outings. God, what would I give for another film in the same vein of 'Black Rain'. Anyway, still looking forward to 'Prometheus'. As for 'Blade Runner', people are gonna hate me for saying this, but it is a film that is way overrated.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

aa, that reminded me, I gotta get the Japanese Black Rain BD. Has plenty of additional Matsuda related extras. Need to get more Matsuda, just finished watching the Yugi series.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Blade Runner is my fave sci-fi and one of the films I've seen the most. I really must check out my Workprint BD. As Scott is directing this, I have faith. I'm still not sure it needs to exist though but man Scott is great at creating worlds.

There's more on the news here:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/rid ... nner-film/

Of most importance, the deal includes a ban on the possibility of a remake. That's a very good idea!
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Ridley Scott talks Blade Runner as original screenwriter Hampton Fancher enters negotiations
Production company Alcon Entertainment are now acknowledging that the new Blade Runner movie will be a sequel that takes place "some years after the first film concluded", and Scott has spoken briefly about his plans for the movie in an interview with The Daily Beast: "Funny enough, I started my first meetings on the Blade Runner sequel last week. We have a very good take on it. And we’ll definitely be featuring a female protagonist."
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/05/r ... er-as.html
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

gasteropod wrote:Ridley Scott talks Blade Runner as original screenwriter Hampton Fancher enters negotiations
Production company Alcon Entertainment are now acknowledging that the new Blade Runner movie will be a sequel that takes place "some years after the first film concluded", and Scott has spoken briefly about his plans for the movie in an interview with The Daily Beast: "Funny enough, I started my first meetings on the Blade Runner sequel last week. We have a very good take on it. And we’ll definitely be featuring a female protagonist."
http://www.flickeringmyth.com/2012/05/r ... er-as.html
Amazing.

Fanboy shit!! :D
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Hmmm I hope Scott directs this or I'll likely just pretend it doesn't exist. Blade Runner is a seminal classic, a film I've seen time and time again.
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

I thought I liked Blade Runner. Told the wife that it was an all time sci fi classic. Got her to watch it with me one blu-ray, as I tried to culture her in to more of "my" type of film.

After watching it, she did not like it at all.
After watching it again, I was bored shitless. I don't know why I thought it was so good before. I'd only seen it once or twice in the past, so must have just been brainwashed by all the praise it received from elsewhere.

Sold the BD not long after that. I'm now in the "it's highly over-rated" camp as well.

Would still be interested in seeing a sequel.