I like the Miami Vice trailer

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Aye it was a Miami Vice T4 special. Just basically interviews and London premier footage tbh.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

It must've been a repeat then. What did the lovely lady have to say?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Maggie Cheung sounds much more natural speaking
Yeah, but to be fair she was educated in England.
True but they don't mumble in Heat.
That's because Pacino doesn't do mumble... he does BELLOW.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Yeah, Brad, DON'T WASTE MY MOTHERFUCKING TIME! :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Huh? I know you're joking so that's but huh?
Yeah, but to be fair she was educated in England.
True I thought she was. Was Tony Leung too? As he sounds natural when speaking English also.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

bradavon wrote:It must've been a repeat then. What did the lovely lady have to say?
Ah they were all talking about chemistry between the other characters. The usual... It'd be nice to have this included on the DVD but I doubt it'll happen.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

bradavon wrote:Huh? I know you're joking so that's but huh?
I'm guessing that you missed the word 'OK' before 'but huh?'.

Anyways, it was just a line of dialogue Pacino says in Heat which I was using as an illustration of his bellowing (that Mark was talking about) :P
It's one of my favourite deliveries of a line in any film, ever :D
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

brooce-leroy wrote:I can't wait to see this. I get a boner thinking about how good Collateral and Heat are.
Have you managed to watch this yet, or have you merely been knocking things over this past week in anticipation? :D
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

lmfao!! :lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Kurgan wrote:I'm guessing that you missed the word 'OK' before 'but huh?'.
Now can you find Wally too?
Kurgan wrote:Anyways, it was just a line of dialogue Pacino says in Heat which I was using as an illustration of his bellowing (that Mark was talking about) :P
And so it is.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

bradavon wrote:Now can you find Wally too?
There's a photo underneath your name where the avatars usually are. I suggest you look there :P
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

:lol:
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp

Post by brooce-leroy »

Kurgan wrote:
bradavon wrote:Huh? I know you're joking so that's but huh?
I'm guessing that you missed the word 'OK' before 'but huh?'.

Anyways, it was just a line of dialogue Pacino says in Heat which I was using as an illustration of his bellowing (that Mark was talking about) :P
It's one of my favourite deliveries of a line in any film, ever :D

Because....she's got a GREAT ASS!!! And you've gotcha head RIIGGHT UP IT!!!

No not seen MV yet. :(
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

That's a shame. But at least you know that you'll have a decent chance of catching it at the cinema; it's not going anywhere for a while with the business it's doing.
In the meantime, be careful near doors, or in fact anyplace you could trap yourself. :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Kurgan wrote:There's a photo underneath your name where the avatars usually are. I suggest you look there :P
He he very good.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re:

Post by Yi-Long »

Yi-Long wrote: 18 Jul 2006, 01:34
Kurgan wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Travolta isnt exactly someone I think of when the word 'charismatic' is uttered. Then again, he also isnt really someone I think of when the word 'actor' is uttered. I despise the guy. Cant stand him. Horrible actor, and according to some a bit of a dickhead in real life as well...
I'm actually with Bobbi on this one. He has played some great roles, not least his Troy/Archer roles in Face/Off and Vic Deakins in Broken Arrow. But his Chili Palmer in Get Shorty is excellent too, and obviously his '70s roles as well.
I didnt like both Broken Arrow and Face Off. he was way over the top and over-acting in both...
He was cool as Chilli Palmer, but that's mainly because Chilli is a well written 2-dimensional comicbook character that's larger then life. Travolta's over-acting actually worked for that part, but at the same time the role isnt stretching any acting-muscles, issit?

Yi-Long wrote:(western) Actors I find charismatic are Jude Law, Depp, Ray Liotta, Ryan Reynolds, Jim Carrey, and a whole bunch of others...
And I'm with Mark on this one: Ryan fucking Reynolds?! :D Now, if you'd said Nathan Fillion (who's in the same show) I could've understood it, cos he's got a very Harrison Ford vibe about him... but Reynolds?

Couple of dodgy ones on LD's list there (Sly?!) but can't argue with most of 'em.
Reynolds just stole that show. he was magnificent in it and drop dead funny. he has a perfect delivery and comic timing, as well as the cheek and charisma to pull of certain looks and jokes. he has great facial expression which are still natural.
Like I said, it's a shame he's picked his movie projects so badly as he's a gifted performer.
Hi. This is me again. Just popped in to say how completely right I was about Ryan fucking Reynolds, and how wrong you all were. Cheerios!
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...