Halloween HMV Exclusive 4 disc set...

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Halloween HMV Exclusive 4 disc set...

Post by IronMonkey »

Hi all.

Anbody bought the Halloween 25 Years Of Terror 4 disc box set (exclusive to HMV) recently?

I ask because I think I may have a problem with the second disc.

Disc 1 is has the film & "Halloween Unmasked 2000", then disc 2 is supposed to feature:

- "Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest" (87 minutes)
- On Location 25 Years Later
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Poster & Stills Gallery
- Talent Bios
- DVD-ROM Screenplay
- DVD-ROM Screensavers

Unless I'm mistaken, I thought A Cut Above The Rest was supposed to be a documentary? I put the disc in my player and got no option for the rest of the extras listed above, and the only option I had was to play the TV version of the film!

Is "Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest" actually the TV version or have I been supplied the wrong disc? Just to confuse things further, it seems as though the rest of the extras listed above are actually presented on the third disc. Its really confusing!

The 2nd disc is in fact identical in menu design & content to the old Halloween Special Edition 2 disc set from Anchor Bay (which I have) except for the artwork printed on the actual disc.

Is this another case of disc contents being wrongly (or misleadingly) listed on the packaging or have Anchor Bay made a mistake & actually put the wrong 2nd disc in the package?

Should I be sending my set back to HMV for a replacement?

Sorry for the long post but it took a bit of explaining!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Could it be Anchor Bay changed their mind on what Disc 2 will contain?

Because correct "Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest" is a documentary. It's on my 2 Disc Divimax SE.

As I understand it Disc 1 is merely a re-use of the original Anchor Bay DVD, it seems AB decided the Divimax remaster was shit and instead of fixing it on DVD they've gone back to the original DVD.

Discs 2-4 according to the press release are extras. Have you checked the other discs? I'm checking Google and some reports say the order is different.

EDIT: This reviews seems to say the documentary should be included:

http://www.mjsimpson.co.uk/reviews/hall ... error.html
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

The Divimax was good. However, the older master is said to have a better colour scheme as it was supervised by the DP - certain timings have to be done to ensure the film doesn't look like it was shot in the spring/summer - which it was!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Someone on the AV Forums seems to suggest that "Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest" is actually the TV version of the film. Although it isn't actually called that on the disc menus (I get the option of "Play TV version"), "A Cut Above The Rest" does imply that it could be a different edit (or cut) of the film...

I'm not sure whats going on! Maybe the reviewer just skimmed over the extras & didn't bother to watch it to see if it was the film or documentary, or maybe he got the correct disc & me & this other person on the AV Forums have both got the wrong discs? :?
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

Actually, looking into this further, it seems "Halloween: A Cut Above The Rest" is a documentary & not the TV version of the film.

Check out this link:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0379800/

So basically, it looks like we've both got the wrong version of disc 2. :cry:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yeah I'm sure it's called "Halloween: The TV Movie" or words to that effect.