Twin Peaks S2 dated?

Non-Asian Film & Release Discussion, and Serious Film-Related Discussion
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Cheers Jimmy. Pity it's not as remastered as S1, weird.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

They should be on there, that's annoying.
jimmyscab
Pedicab Driver

Post by jimmyscab »

Maybe they will be included in the 'complete set' later this year.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

new release coming by the looks of it,possibly including the pilot

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7500
working class blu-ray fan
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I just watched all of season 2 the other day, I loved the final episode, David Lynch should have directed more episodes.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

saltysam wrote:new release coming by the looks of it,possibly including the pilot

That is what I am waiting for!!! :)
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

slasher13 wrote:
saltysam wrote:new release coming by the looks of it,possibly including the pilot

That is what I am waiting for!!! :)
Hopefully the pilot will be remastered this time, if it's included. (Stop deluding your Slasher, the pilot wasn't remastered for the R2/4 boxset.)
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

The pilot episode in the R2 has different colours to the rest of the episodes for a start.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

DVDTimes has the full announcement on the Gold Edition of Twin Peaks, and its look great!!!!!
DVDTIMES wrote: Paramount Home Entertainment have announced the Region 1 DVD release of Twin Peaks: The Definitive Gold Box Edition on 30th October 2007 priced at $108.99 SRP. The highly-anticipated Definitive Gold Box Edition of the series that became one of television’s most acclaimed events finally arrives – with all 29 episodes plus both the original and European versions of the pilot – on October 30, 2007 from CBS Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Entertainment. Considered both technically and artistically revolutionary when it debuted, Twin Peaks garnered 18 Emmy® nominations over the course of its two-season run with its cast of memorable characters, stunning cinematography and intriguing plot. Co-creators David Lynch and Mark Frost and a large number of the cast and crew have returned to participate in this extraordinary new collection.

“Finally the pilot is together with the series. The picture looks clean with good color correction. The sound is really good,” said David Lynch. “I think this is a great definitive Twin Peaks Gold Set – the Gold represents the highest quality. A lot of work has gone in to this, and in my opinion it has really paid off.”

“Working closely with David Lynch, I believe we've put together the ultimate Twin Peaks DVD box set with the most unique, interesting and comprehensive collection of content possible that will more than excite the ardent fan and engage new ones,” commented Ken Ross, Executive Vice President and General Manager, CBS Home Entertainment. “And we drank some damn good cups of coffee along the way.'"

This 10-disc set includes “Greetings from Twin Peaks” collectable postcards and a plethora of special features, including hours of newly-minted bonus content, featuring exclusive cast and crew interviews and rare footage never before released on DVD, produced by award-winning DVD producer Charles de Lauzirika (“Alien Quadrilogy,” “Spider-Man 2: Special Edition,” “Blade Runner: The Final Cut.”)

“Secrets from Another Place: Creating Twin Peaks” is a collection of four new documentaries exploring the origins, production and impact of the show. The cast and crew, including co-creator Mark Frost, composer Angelo Badalamenti, singer Julee Cruise, actors Kyle MacLachlan, Joan Chen, Piper Laurie, Ray Wise, Sheryl Lee, Kenneth Welsh, Mädchen Amick, Miguel Ferrer and many others share their memories of creating the show in this in-depth piece covering the sensational and tumultuous evolution of Twin Peaks in four parts: “Northwest Passage: Creating the Pilot,” “Freshly Squeezed: Creating Season One,” “Where We’re From: Creating the Music” and “Into the Night: Creating Season Two.”

Co-creator and four-time Academy Award® nominee David Lynch, Kyle MacLachlan and Mädchen Amick take an amusing look back at the series in “A Slice of Lynch,” an all-new get-together of friends over piping hot coffee and sweet cherry pie.

“Return to Twin Peaks” follows a group of devoted fans to the 2006 Twin Peaks Festival, where the show’s faithful have been regularly gathering for costume contests, celebrity sightings, trivia games and other wildness in the woods outside of Seattle. And an Interactive Map allows viewers to revisit the show’s unforgettable locations as they appear today…and how to find them in real life.

Thought to have been lost forever, a selection of deleted scenes has been unearthed for this collection and approved by David Lynch, offering viewers additional clues and background on some of their favorite characters and locations in the series.

The collection showcases the phenomenon that was Twin Peaks with such archival nuggets as the “Saturday Night Live” opening monologue and "Twin Peaks" sketch featuring Kyle MacLachlan, the "Falling" music video featuring Julee Cruise, the Richard Beymer behind-the-scenes photo gallery, original network promo spots and many more rare gems!

Newly remastered from the original negative and personally approved by David Lynch, the episodes have never looked better. Moreover, viewers will have the option of enjoying the episodes in either new 5.1 Surround Sound or the original 2.0 network television audio.

Twin Peaks: The Definitive Gold Box Edition is a 10-disc collection presented in full screen with English 5.1 Stereo Surround and English 2.0 Stereo. A content break-down follows…

Disc 1: Pilot

* Log Lady Intro For Pilot
* International Version With Alternate Ending

Disc 2: Episodes 1-4

* Log Lady Intros For Each Episode

Disc 3: Episodes 5-7

Disc 4: Episodes 8-10

Disc 5: Episodes 11-14

Disc 6: Episodes 15-18

Disc 7: Episodes 19-22

Disc 8: Episodes 23-26

Disc 9: Episodes 27-29

* Deleted Scenes (4 scenes)
* Production Documentary

Disc 10: Special Features

* A Slice of Lynch
* Northwest Passage: Creating The Pilot
* Freshly Squeezed: Creating Season 1
* Where We’re From: Creating The Music
* Into The Night: Creating Season 2
* Saturday Night Live Featuring Kyle MacLachlan (Monologue and Twin Peaks Sketch)
* Return To Twin Peaks
* Interactive Map (8 Pods)
* “Falling” Music Video
* Georgia Coffee Commercials (5 Spots)
* Image Galleries
o The Richard Beymer Gallery
o Unit Photography
o Twin Peaks Trading Cards
* TV spots
o Premiere Spots (8 Spots)
o There’s No Place Like Home Spot
o 1-900 Promo Ad
o T-Shirt Ad
o Holiday Greeting
o Patriot Greeting
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Twin Peaks S2 dated?

Post by bradavon »

"Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me" apparently was released on Blu-ray back in January but it looks like it never actually came:

http://www.thehut.com/blu-ray/twin-peak ... 82640.html
http://www.sendit.com/blu-ray/twin-peak ... 82640.html

It's also only £2.99 at HMV (on DVD): http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDet ... sku=791782

I've got Series 1 on UK DVD. I need to get around to buying Series 2 (probably the R1, as it's much cheaper than the recent UK release). I can do without the Complete Gold box set and it's additional extras.