Terminator Blu-ray

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Terminator Blu-ray

Post by grim_tales »

I didnt either :? First it shows the old US BD, then the new BD, then "Colour re timing based on Deluxe Prints" or something, so which colours are 'correct'?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

The colours are allegedly wrong on the new release,teal has been added,someone's took the new BD and colour timed it to what he thinks is the correct scheme.
working class blu-ray fan
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Ah, thanks :) I see what you mean :)
Hopefully a US remaster is around the corner.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

A few peeps have sourced the laserdisc mono track and synced it to the new transfer...tempted to have a go myself if i could locate the audio. :icon_suspect:
Last edited by saltysam on 05 Jan 2013, 11:47, edited 4 times in total.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

saltysam wrote:The colours are allegedly wrong on the new release,teal has been added,someone's took the new BD and colour timed it to what he thinks is the correct scheme.
That's what James Cameron did to Aliens so it looks right to me. Pretty much the same happened to Blade Runner and Total Recall as well, the old faded '80s sci-fi look is being rejuvenated.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

What a waste of time though.

What part of 'Director approved remaster' are they not getting? :lol:
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Xenon
Pedicab Driver

Post by Xenon »

Watched it yesterday and the new transfer is fantastic! The teal push is hardly noticeable.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Fan-fucking-tastic. I've wanted this on BD for yonks. £9.51 delivered from Amazon Marketplace. Yes please!
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

saltysam wrote:A few peeps have sourced the laserdisc mono track and synced it to the new transfer...tempted to have a go myself if i could locate the audio. :icon_suspect:
go hold of the mono audio file now, going to experiment..i'm a bit clueless though in things like these so i can't see it working..but i'll try :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Added the mono track to the movie and a cursory look playing through windows media classic it seems to have come out pretty well. :)
hanshotfirst1138
Little White Dragon

Post by hanshotfirst1138 »

Not only have neither of the Blu-Ray releases includes the original mono track, but apparently Cameron supervised an all new color timing which is completely different from the original. Sigh. I guess I'll have to hang onto my DVD.
What part of 'Director approved remaster' are they not getting?
The director's approval is NOT an excuse for film history revisionism. Lucas approved the SE Star Wars movies which completely altered the original versions. The director's approval does not convince me to go with a change to something which has been perfectly fine for 30 years until he was fancifully struck with the idea to change it. It's unacceptable, IMO. Cameron did the same horseshit and changed the colors on the Aliens release.
Xenon
Pedicab Driver

Post by Xenon »

hanshotfirst1138 wrote:Not only have neither of the Blu-Ray releases includes the original mono track, but apparently Cameron supervised an all new color timing which is completely different from the original. Sigh. I guess I'll have to hang onto my DVD.

hanshotfirst1138
Little White Dragon

I have no tolerance for the revisionist history which Cameron, Hill, Lucas, Mann, and various other directors have taken to practicing with digital. If it comes down to a choice between seeing the film properly in an older format or seeing the nicely remastered but revised version, I'll choose the former. That, to my mind, is doing it right. Cameron did exactly the same thing on the Aliens release. I have no patience with it.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

The Remastered Blu Ray is only $6 at Amazon.com, was thinking of maybe picking up and making my a Combo pack with the 2001 R1 release. I think the R3 SE may have a Mono track as well but not sure.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

grim_tales wrote:The Remastered Blu Ray is only $6 at Amazon.com, was thinking of maybe picking up and making my a Combo pack with the 2001 R1 release. I think the R3 SE may have a Mono track as well but not sure.
Must be discounting before a new edition/boxset comes out
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Maybe they're planning on an SE with ALL the extras/some new ones (unlikely but you never know)
hanshotfirst1138
Little White Dragon

They just announced another sequel, so tie-in rereleases are logical from marketing point of view.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

hanshotfirst1138 wrote:They just announced another sequel, so tie-in rereleases are logical from marketing point of view.
Yep. Even just a change of cover art etc.

Haven't got round to buying this yet. Not sure what to do now :D
hanshotfirst1138
Little White Dragon

I keep hoping they'll do a release with the uncompressed mono an unfucked color timing, but that's probably wishful thinking. And I'm betting that when Cameron gets around to a remaster of T2, in addition to the DTS track and remastered picture, he'll make that recolored as well.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

I want to get this on BD but they'll probably announce a 4k UHD release as soon as I get. MGM might be going out of business, so I doubt they'll put out a release. I have a feeling that Eureka Video or Shout Factory might put this out on 4K at some point.