CJ Entertainment titles

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
Tutut
Little White Dragon

CJ Entertainment titles

Post by Tutut »

After Memories of Murder released two weeks ago, Mother and Tazza-War of Flowers will be out on December 31, they should be region free. I prefer these digipacks than the blue cases.

gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: CJ entertainment titles

Post by gasteropod »

Do you know a good place to get them from? Memories of Murder exceeds the customs limit on YesAsia.
Tutut
Little White Dragon

Re: CJ Entertainment titles

Post by Tutut »

K2DVD, they're fast, I prefer Seoul Selection for korean DVDs because they're a little cheaper, but they don't seem to sell Blu-Rays yet.

http://www.k2dvd.com/shop/default.asp
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:Do you know a good place to get them from? Memories of Murder exceeds the customs limit on YesAsia.
Yesasia have always been customs free :thumbs: unless they have recently changed and no one told me? as I have had sets costing hundreds from them in the past, they always used to re-ship in UK :)

Still never even knew MOM was on Blu!???
Quality release? as I sold my Limited Edition dvd ages ago for the time to Upgrade to HD :D now is the time if it is English friendly and works on UK players, it may say Region B, but would like to know if that is so.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah it looks quality Romero, check it: http://www.asianblurayguide.com/news/46 ... of_murder/
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I prefer the digi-packs too. Any Korean BDs, that are "must haves"? I didn't take to MOM but I know most did.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:Yeah it looks quality Romero, check it: http://www.asianblurayguide.com/news/46 ... of_murder/

Dear god :thumbs: I have to buy it now :lol: hope Yesasia still is customs friendly, and shame they have took away 10% off with Quidco :( will have to check for vouchers as well. But I sold my old edtion for over £30, so anyway I look at it I am getting a better version for less.

EDIT

Ahhh just found it is on my other cashback site :clap: 5% off
http://www.cashback-rewards.co.uk/index.asp

But I am sure Brad would not care for that :thumbs:
Tutut
Little White Dragon

Post by Tutut »

romerojpg wrote:
gasteropod wrote:Do you know a good place to get them from? Memories of Murder exceeds the customs limit on YesAsia.
Yesasia have always been customs free :thumbs: unless they have recently changed and no one told me? as I have had sets costing hundreds from them in the past, they always used to re-ship in UK :)
Yesasia has a logistic platform in Germany, my last order from them, in July, was handled by the Bundespost. I don't know about UK customs, but in France I have no problem with parcels coming from any other EU country, that's why I use the swedish post option for big orders from DVDPacific. In France, the value of an order from foreign countries should not exceed 22€ if you don't want to pay the VAT, but according to my experience it's more in reality, unless you use DHL, Fedex, UPS or face determined customs.
now is the time if it is English friendly and works on UK players, it may say Region B, but would like to know if that is so.
The first releases from CJ are region free and have english subs.
Tutut
Little White Dragon

Post by Tutut »

bradavon wrote:I prefer the digi-packs too. Any Korean BDs, that are "must haves"? I didn't take to MOM but I know most did.
They didn't release a lot, and I don't think Welcome to Dongmakgol or Taegukgi are better than Mother or Tazza, I think I'll order Mother because I read many positive comments, I have Tazza on DVD one of my favourite from 2006 with Family Ties.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:But I am sure Brad would not care for that :thumbs:
You really are a cock, acting like I'm the only fucking person here who doesn't use Cash Back sites. Do you have to fucking bring it up every time you mention them?
Tutut wrote:They didn't release a lot, and I don't think Welcome to Dongmakgol or Taegukgi are better than Mother or Tazza, I think I'll order Mother because I read many positive comments, I have Tazza on DVD one of my favourite from 2006 with Family Ties.
Thanks. So I take it you're saying the following have BD releases? -

Welcome to Dongmakgol
Taegukgi
Mother
Tazza

Any more?
Last edited by bradavon on 26 Dec 2009, 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote: You really are a cock, acting like I'm the only fucking person here who doesn't use Cash Back sites. Do you have to fucking bring it up every time you mention them?
Don't you know?He gets 3% Quidco every time he mentions it :evil:
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

:D
Tutut
Little White Dragon

Post by Tutut »

bradavon wrote:So I take it you're saying the following have BD releases? -

Welcome to Dongmakgol
Taegukgi
Mother
Tazza

Yes

Any more?
Only The good, the bad, the weird released in September and Take Off for January 2010, seems to be a bad film.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:
romerojpg wrote:But I am sure Brad would not care for that :thumbs:
Do you have to fucking bring it up every time you mention them?
Yes :lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Thanks Tutut. Pity Asian BDs cost so much money, it's obscene sometimes.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Even more obscene if you are stupid enough not to use cashback sites and vouchers :lol:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

They'd still be expensive, so your point, is worthless.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yup if you say so :lol:

Keep it up, you make everyone chuckle Mr Cashbags.
Tutut
Little White Dragon

Post by Tutut »

romerojpg wrote:Even more obscene if you are stupid enough not to use cashback sites and vouchers :lol:
I use vouchers when I can, but cashback is not good enough to me, you earn around 3 to 5% on the price excluding taxes and shipping, and it doesn't apply on clearance or any offers. I guess cashback sites for asian sellers such as Yesasia, DDDHouse, K2DVD or CDJapan are not so easy to find. :)

For example, I prefer offers like this one, 5 Blu-Rays for 50€ at Amazon.fr.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Tutut wrote:I use vouchers when I can, but cashback is not good enough to me, you earn around 3 to 5% on the price excluding taxes and shipping, and it doesn't apply on clearance or any offers.
Not good enough to spend time using them. Is that what you mean? I use vouchers/coupons too. Annoyingly many sites don't offer them and those that do, are hard to find nowadays.
Tutut
Little White Dragon

Post by Tutut »

bradavon wrote:They'd still be expensive, so your point, is worthless.
Compared to prices of new releases in Europe, I think it's not that obscene, if you look at the new korean releases on DVD they're around 25$.
Tutut
Little White Dragon

Post by Tutut »

bradavon wrote:
Tutut wrote:I use vouchers when I can, but cashback is not good enough to me, you earn around 3 to 5% on the price excluding taxes and shipping, and it doesn't apply on clearance or any offers.
Not good enough to spend time using them. Is that what you mean?
Yes.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Tutut wrote:Compared to prices of new releases in Europe, I think it's not that obscene, if you look at the new korean releases on DVD they're around 25$.
That's not too bad and yes Mainland European DVDs are expensive too but it's BDs that interest me and they cost loads. UK and American discs have always been cheaper/where the deals are. Well not really American any more, so just The UK.

The trouble is, I don't like spending more than £10-12 per release and that disqualifies most Mainland European/Asian BDs. At least UK and usually American discs go down in price but Mainland European/Asian releases rarely do. It's the price 3-6 months later (not the initial price) that interests me most.
Tutut wrote:Yes.
Careful. Romero will eat you alive for saying that :D.

See Romero, not just me.
Tutut
Little White Dragon

Post by Tutut »

bradavon wrote: The trouble is, I don't like spending more than £10-12 per release and that disqualifies most Mainland European/Asian BDs. At least UK and usually American discs go down in price but Mainland European/Asian releases rarely do. It's the price 3-6 months later (not the initial price) that interests me most.
Looks like you never bought "overpriced" japanese DVDs :) or discs from distributors such as Criterion or HKVideo which prices never go down or so little.
Careful. Romero will eat you alive for saying that :D.

See Romero, not just me.
I'm sure he's reading, maybe is obsessed with cashback since he saw the movie. ;)

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Tutut wrote:Looks like you never bought "overpriced" japanese DVDs :) or discs from distributors such as Criterion or HKVideo which prices never go down or so little.
Not overpriced Japanese DVDs but I have a few overpriced Korean DVDs. I wouldn't as a general rule though, as rarely the quality (compared with cheaper releases) is high enough to justify it. Korean DVDs can occasionally be justified but Japanese DVDs tend to cost a bomb (I only own two: Kill Bill: Vol. 1/Manhunter. Both cheap). I've bought the odd Criterion but only in deals or when a sale is on. Which isn't often.

Never HK Video as they don't include English subs. I find it really annoying some distributors don't reduce their f'ing prices after a few months. They'd sell so much more, if they did. Those who pay whatever the price is, to get it straight away, have already done so.

These "special" DVDs tend to be overpriced, giving things like pointless postcards, when quite often the domestic release has perfectly good AV for a LOT less.

p.s - Before anyone assumes otherwise, this is all in my opinion :).