Panasonic HD Ready TV - any good?

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:
Seperate rooms fine but you certainly wouldn't want two BD Players in the same room
why not? i have loads of room,and £130 for a Region B player was pennies to be honest. region coding really isn't critical for BD as far as i can see.there's very little locked exclusives for either region.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

You don't have two BD Players though, you have a BD Player plus PS3 which isn't really the same thing. Yes I know they both play BDs. You know what I mean.

Why have separate BD Players to play both regions when you can have one BD Player? That's all I meant. Personally I think it can get a bit silly when you have more than 3-4 boxes under your TV (of any type).

£130 is a decent price. Like I said, there's not much but definitely enough to make it a concern and there's nothing stopping them making it worse.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:and £130 for a Region B player was pennies to be honest
Can you buy me one then...? :D
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

bradavon wrote:Was it too impracticable to position it elsewhere? Thanks for the info though. My window is behind my TV but it's definitely worth knowing.
Unfortunately, yeah.

It had to be in the centre of a wall so that the surround sound speakers would be in the correct positions.

One of the walls has a fireplace in it, so that wall was ruled out. The wall facing it was out as a result of that. Due to the size of the room you couldn't put the TV on that wall and still fit a couple of couches in.

So that left either the wall facing the bay window, or on a stand in the bay window. The latter would've given more space for the room, but for me putting the TV right in the window was too much of an advertisement that I had something to steal and it was right at the window, so I didn't want it there. And by process of elimination that left the wall facing the window. The room prob would've been better with the TV in the window, but it wasn't worth the risk in my opinion.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:You don't have two BD Players though, you have a BD Player plus PS3 which isn't really the same thing.
it is for me.i don't play games full stop.my ps3 is solely used for BD & DVD playback.
bradavon wrote:Why have separate BD Players to play both regions when you can have one BD Player?
i have had my region A PS3 two years now.multi-region BD didn't exist back then.so my options were sell the ps3 and get a £280 panasonic MR or pay £130 for a nice slim sony BD.Easy choice for me.
bradavon wrote:Personally I think it can get a bit silly when you have more than 3-4 boxes under your TV (of any type).
well that's you,you have a thing about boxes under tv's . under my tv i have sky hd and a sony BD.the ps3 is stood vertically on a small table at the side of the tv. so i have 2 boxes under my tv.how many do you have?
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

The PS3 is a Blu-ray player, anyone who owns a Sony BD player and a PS3 know that its interface is pretty much the same!