Paramount are treating HD-DVD like crap!

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i have the HD-DVD of Face/Off but haven't watched it yet.
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:The uk BD of Face/Off is cut,which disallows it from consideration anyway
You're shitting me??

I can't believe they've not put that out uncut.

What arseholes!! :roll:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Face/Off and The Matrix are the two most overrated action movies of the last 15 years.

The Indiana Jones series is under the control of George Lucas (but he may listen to Spielberg).
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

gasteropod wrote:Did you see the oh-so obvious wire when the guy gets pulled backwards in the hangar, Romero? (When he gets shot) :lol:
The entire film is full of wires and stuff like that sadly, many are so obvious its a little bit of a joke.

Paramount should have spend some cash cleaning up the print and getting rid of the mistakes in the film, like wires, stunt doubles looking at camera that look nothing like the actors etc.. would have improved the film.

Just takes me out when I see the bad mistakes, but I blame the director 100% as he should have cut around the bad mess ups, still no idea why he let the filom out in such a state. He has made action packed films without showing wires and stunt doubles ever few minutes, I watched Broken Arrow soon after and hell its much easier on the eyes for mistakes etc.. and the actions easily as dangerous.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:Face/Off and The Matrix are the two most overrated action movies of the last 15 years.
I consider Face/Off one of the best of the "dumb action films". It's great for that. It's helped greatly for having two great actors in the leads.

Personally I think The Matrix is excellent, but the sequels suck. It's no Terminator 2, Die Hard or Terminator (in that order) though. I'd say it's the fourth best action film ever. I cannot think of a fifth.
Last edited by bradavon on 06 Jan 2008, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

The Matrix is far better than Face/Off. I used to like Face/Off when I was younger, but now it just seems silly. The Matrix is an actual GOOD film, the sequels are of course NOT. :lol:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Face Off just suck the more I watch it, the Direlogue is nasty, every line is like a play, a bad one done by students who think if you talk like a twat, your good and cool. The film just gets more ridiculous and pains me to watch it now, so much that I may get rid of the HD DVD.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'll take it off your hands for £9.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Hahaha
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:I'll take it off your hands for £9.
Not a chance in hell :D I can easy get £15+ on Ebay as they are idiots.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote: I can easy get £15+ on Ebay as they are idiots.
nice names to call potential buyers of your goods :roll:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Broken Arrow and Face/Off both suffer from a case of the stupids; The Matrix is mind-numbingly pretentious at times and I don't care what anyone says: Keanu is a plank in that film. None of those are fit to mentioned alongside Die Hard or Terminator 2.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote:
romerojpg wrote: I can easy get £15+ on Ebay as they are idiots.
nice names to call potential buyers of your goods :roll:
:lol: Like I care for Ebay people who pay massive inflated prices for things I can get cheap just from a simple Google :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:
:lol: Like I care for Ebay people who pay massive inflated prices for things I can get cheap just from a simple Google :D
i doubt you got much change from £12 for Face/off yourself. but i'm sure you'll say you got it for £7-£8 from somewhere :P
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I got it brand new for £10, not on release, but still cheap.

I do not lie about how much I pay. Anyone who knows me know I find them very cheap on forums etc.. all you have to do is make someone an offer to knock the price down. If they say no, go onto the next person until someone gives in.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

the stuff i see on forums is 99% used stuff.i've bought plenty.why would someone buy Face/Off brand new then sell it at a loss without watching it :?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Do you not read sales forums? plenty of people have sealed dvds for sale for many reasons, some say why some dont.

I get loads of sealed standard dvds for cheap or even free, and sell them/trade them. Its not something out of the oridinary.

I never got Face Off from a forum anyway, it was from Movietyme.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i got Face/Off from movietyme,paid £13.99
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

romerojpg wrote:
I get loads of sealed standard dvds for free, and sell them/trade them. Its not something out of the oridinary.
i'd say forum members routinely giving away free standard sealed dvds was pretty unusual :lol:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Unusual yes, not if you enter competitions and ask for free stuff when peeps are giving them away :D won loads of comps the last few years, 2007 I must have had 40 dvds free like that, some really good sets and dvds as well, a few minutes a week and you can enter loads. Small sites are easy to win as barley no one enters, one competition I entered had 2 entrants :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

How did you get Face/Off at MovieTyme for £10?
romerojpg wrote:Not a chance in hell :D I can easy get £15+ on Ebay as they are idiots.
I was being serious, but I knew you wouldn't be interested. Fair enough, it was worth a pop. I'd pay £11 but that's it. I forgot it was a 2 disc release.
Markgway wrote:Broken Arrow and Face/Off both suffer from a case of the stupids; The Matrix is mind-numbingly pretentious at times and I don't care what anyone says: Keanu is a plank in that film.
Broken Arrow is very overrared IMO. The Matrix isn't the best action film ever made but I don't think it's a "dumb action film" either and boy it still looks cool.
Markgway wrote:None of those are fit to mentioned alongside Die Hard or Terminator 2.
Agreed. Both really are the pinnacle of action films. Not only is the action great but the scripts are razor sharp. Alan Rickman is fantastic in Die Hard and is sorely missed in all the sequels.
romerojpg wrote:all you have to do is make someone an offer to knock the price down. If they say no, go onto the next person until someone gives in.
That "could" work on Forums. Personally I can no longer be bothered to barter on forums. It's too much hassle and time consuming.

I don't even trade any more, the lot goes straight on eBay. I'm confident I could make more money than I do out of stuff (LE's for example) but I still make decent money, usually my money back and get rid quick. All of which are as important to me. If I don't want something any more I cannot stand hanging on to it cluttering up the place.

I gave away 8-10 DVDs last time to family as they didn't sell after listing twice. Most wasn't worth much but I did give away Donnie Darko R1 (which is a solid DVD) as it didn't sell.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:Broken Arrow is very overrared IMO.
How can it be overrated when most people don't like it?
The Matrix isn't the best action film ever made but I don't think it's a "dumb action film" either and boy it still looks cool.
It's style over substance big time, but the filmmakers seem to be under the misimpression that it's profound and intelligent. It's quasi-religious mumbo-jumbo with Keanu at his most wooden. But the action is mostly cool.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:How can it be overrated when most people don't like it?
I thought it had a cult following. It's okay.
It's style over substance big time, but the filmmakers seem to be under the misimpression that it's profound and intelligent. It's quasi-religious mumbo-jumbo with Keanu at his most wooden. But the action is mostly cool.
It's more intelligent than Face/Off and The Rock ;)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Lol, like that's difficult. :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

The Matrix is very good, the sequels are not.