Here's something to debate...

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Here's something to debate...

Post by Yi-Long »

Hardly anyone is posting in the 'debate' section, the 'music' section, the 'sports' section, and the 'TV' section. Why not just get rid of the seperation and bring those subjects all back under the 'Anything Goes' section, so it might get a bit more 'livelier' again on this forum!?
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Here's something to debate...

Post by bradavon »

No bloody way. It will get busy again. That would just lead to one massive section aka a mess! All IMO of course.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Right now the forum is pretty dead. I'm not saying let's throw the whole forum all in 1 massive pile. The top part is the forum is pretty evenly divided and has lots of 'life' in it.

The bottom part of the forum, only 'anything goes' and on a lesser level 'Tech and anything Digital' has life in it. Sports, Music and TV are deader than Jack Dee's smile.

Music and Sports and Debate could easily go into the 'anything goes' section, and I doubt it would create a mess.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Music and Sport maybe but then if just because they're quite it doesn't mean you have to lump them together. It make sense to have sections of them.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:Music and Sport maybe but then if just because they're quite it doesn't mean you have to lump them together. It make sense to have sections of them.
I agree it makes sense, if there was enough going on. Right now though, it's wayyy too quiet, with many people not even checking those sections out. If we bring those discussions back under anything goes, we might actually get some discussions on those subjects going again.

So normally I would be very much in favour in keeping it all tidy and seperate, but in our situation I think it affected how many people actually payed attention to it...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Sport and Music have never had much activity though.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I have no objection.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Yeah I do think it's not a bad idea, I know I don't bother browsing the Sports/Music forums at all because so few topics get started there, but if the same threads were in Anything Goes I am far more predisposed to stumble across them and hence contribute. Having an ordered forum is all well and good, but it's discussion that counts and when order compromises discussion you know a forum is being over moderated/organised.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I don't think Debate (as that historically does get decent activity) should be put into Anything Goes, maybe Music and Sport. Although personally I prefer it how it is.

What about TV too for that matter? That said why would putting it all in "Anything Goes" in itself spur discussion? If people want to discuss something they would already. The logic's a bit flawed :D.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Debate should stay as is because it gets used more than music and sports IMO.