Man stopped from taking photos of his KIDS

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Man stopped from taking photos of his KIDS

Post by grim_tales »

WTF! The world has gone PC mad! :shock: :roll:
Today (well I first saw it on GMTV today) there was a story of a guy who was at a funfair/public park with his kids and wanted to take photos of them going down the slide, but the woman running the slide said he wasnt allowed to and called him a pervert or something :? :o Another woman got irate with him as well.
Seriously WTF! If he was in a public place surely he can take photos of what he likes, particularly his own kids. He was their father FFS.
I really think some people are far too nervous/PC.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -park.html
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Happened in Wolverhampton, enough said. Most of its population are inbred, brain-addled, obese chavs.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

This seems to be happening more and more. I'd have ignored her and if it was a police man/women I'd have asked why.

What is annoying is the police men didn't tell defend the bloke. Especially when he even showed them all the photos he'd taken.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Society gone mad.

And Shingster according to the liberals you're not supposed to use terms like 'Chavs' it might uspet them.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

If it was me I would tell the woman who complained to f*ck off, they're MY kids and none of your business. She deserves a good slap.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

You tell 'em, Grim! :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:If it was me I would tell the woman who complained to f*ck off, they're MY kids and none of your business. She deserves a good slap.
in reality you'd have apologised :lol: :wink:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

:lol:
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

So... you can beat the shit out of them, you can choose not to teach them about right and wrong, you can even abandon them or abuse them fairly easily and no-one will complain.
But taking their pictures in public? Oh my god, that's a serious crime.

That's good to know.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:lol: Sam/Mark, the wierd thing is you're probably right :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well I took some pics of children today just to piss the morons off.

If I get stopped, well I am ready to say what I want to say, unless they shiv me in the gut before I get a word out :D as it is Newcastle after all, probibly get a bottle in the face acctually, and that just from the kids.

This story is odd as I have no idea why its got on so many news stations, it happens every single day and far far worse than this. I guess if the right person goes to the right media it speads quickly, I heard about it a few days back at least on Photography forums and it has snowballed to every TV and radio station. I know people who have been detained by police/PCSO's or guards for less.

I must be king Pedo of the North East as I have a fair few kids pictures and they aint my kids :mrgreen: still its not like I hunt for them. What if they stray in front of you while your snapping.

Still some people dont like it and get in your face haha

But with cops like ths on the street what on earth will they do to me, eat more burgers and chips from the look of this guy :D I thought you had to be resonably fit to be in the force, obviously thats bollocks.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Is that you Romero, wearing fancy dress?

People should have the right to not have their photos put online without their consent. I tend to take photos of other people away (it's sometimes unavoidable) and if they ask they be removed. I do just that.
saltysam wrote:in reality you'd have apologised :lol: :wink:
:D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote:People should have the right to not have their photos put online without their consent.
Well thats tuff shit, it aint gonna happen ever :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'm sure you wouldn't like your photo put online, without your permission. It could be used or end up anywhere.

p.s - I've updated my sentence above.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

If anyone (well people who know them, family freinds etc..) asked obviously I would probibly do just that and take it down.

I can tell you right now your photo will be online and you wont know where, as will many members on this very forum and they will never find out in their life.

and mine is on the net, I did not know they took my picture, and I found it still amazingly, so I am sure there are many of me somewhere (excluding the ones I put up myself).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:I can tell you right now your photo will be online and you wont know where.
I know ;). I have worked in IT for about 9 years now. I'm really just talking about the photos you can have control over.

I've had discussions about this with my Mum and Sister before. They never seem to grasp the concept of the web and frankly we have no complete control over our identity any more.

My sister got really irate when I originally started putting photos of her online (family stuff), despite the fact my website isn't even on Google or any other search engine, so you need to know it exists. You can added a text file to the root of any website and search engines look for it, then remove the listing if it appears.

I've even in Google's case contacted them as they hadn't removed it. It does still appear on some other Google listing but not the main search.

They just don't get it.

I even pointed out 35mm (and I think APS) photos are kept at Boots for 3 years, after you take them in (I asked), why I've no idea. That's plenty of time for them to be nicked. They said digital ones are cleared down each night. I bet they aren't.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

romerojpg wrote:and mine is on the net, I did not know they took my picture, and I found it still amazingly, so I am sure there are many of me somewhere (excluding the ones I put up myself).
Let's see your mug then, Romero. I'd quite like to put a face to the infamous B'n'B member :lol:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Only abstract images of me online now, you do not see much of me, took most of them down as frankly I dont feel the need to stick my face on the net like others as you loose control of them like i have seen happen to many others.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

I recently found a picture of myself on the internet (by accident).
Somebody took that picture while he (and I) were waiting outside a concert hall.

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... oncert.jpg
Kinda hard to see, but I'm the last guy on the right (beard and long hair, not the one who's reading a newspaper).
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Its crazy to think how many times you may be in some strangers images :D going to a gig, or an event you are bound to be in a large numbers of strangers images :D

I always look for myself in a concert I have been to and have found the back of my head a few times on the net :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:Only abstract images of me online now, you do not see much of me, took most of them down as frankly I dont feel the need.
You just feel the need to put other people's mugs instead ;).
romerojpg wrote:to stick my face on the net like others as you loose control of them like i have seen happen to many others
If you ever had a holiday, you'd feel differently.
tom2681 wrote:Kinda hard to see, but I'm the last guy on the right (beard and long hair, not the one who's reading a newspaper).
I keep forgetting you're a fatty :D.
romerojpg wrote:Its crazy to think how many times you may be in some strangers images :D
Easily thousands of times.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

I keep forgetting you're a fatty
[Off-topic]
Just for the record: I'm not anymore. :wink:
Lost 28 kilograms in the last two years (about 60 pounds, I think).
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

28 kilograms, that's almost exactly half my body weight (55.8Kg) :D. I don't have a scooby doo how much that it is in pounds either.

Except for miles per hour I think entirely in metric, if it wasn't for a handful of stubborn nations we all would. It helps when all official places (such as schools/hospitals) have used metric for decades.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Tom went to see the Corrs! :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:Tom went to see the Corrs! :D
And? He's a fan, as am I.

It's a pity they've all but stopped producing music :(. Andrea Corr's debut was a disappointment.