British Bail laws are fucking incredible!

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

British Bail laws are fucking incredible!

Post by saltysam »

Some of you may have read/heard about the stabbing & murder of a youth on Oxford Street the other day.they have now charged suspects with the murder.Reading in the paper today the victim in my eyes should never have been walking the streets in order to be stabbed! innocent until proven guilty and all that but when you read the alleged charges he was facing how the fuck did he get bail :?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080515/ ... 6b408.html
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

The appropriate amounts of money makes shit happen?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

the victim in my eyes should never have been walking the streets in order to be stabbed!
What does this mean? I cannot see it in the link.

It is strange he got bail but as long as he gets what's coming to him I'm cool with it, presuming it's proven he did it. I don't think being given bail is that big of a deal. It's part of our process.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:
the victim in my eyes should never have been walking the streets in order to be stabbed!
What does this mean? I cannot see it in the link.
it means he should have been in nick on remand for his alleged serious offences,not out on bail walking the streets and ending up killed!

"The Crown Prosecution Service said on Wednesday that Bigby was facing charges of raping a 16-year-old girl and chemically burning her afterwards to hide the crime.

He had been charged with nine others for the rape of the woman in London in January, a CPS spokeswoman said.

He faced a further charge of causing grievous bodily harm by pouring caustic soda on the victim. Media reports said the chemical was used in an attempt to destroy evidence and caused severe burns.

He had also been due to stand "trial in June over the stabbing of a man in north London in October 2006." and he was walking around a free man !
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Oh right. I thought the article was about his killer. I only skim read it as I've seen that on the news. I thought the article was about another victim. It's hard to keep up at times. That's shocking.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I hope he died crying like a little child in pain, boo hoo.

To say he sounded like scum was an understatement, pouring acid on a young girl after gang rape! to hide any DNA! what a crazy sick fucking world :roll: one less sucmbag on the streets anyway.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I don't think it says she was gang raped, just to make sure we're accurate here.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

That may not, other article did :) read in in the paper today, describes it better in the paper (but then they all could be making stuff up for all we know).
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

he hadn't actually been convicted of the offences Romero,do you advocate justice without trial :wink:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I know a few people who were not convicted and got off, but they did it.

The worlds messed up :D then we die.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

links been changed now to remove mention of the victim's alleged crimes
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

"The Crown Prosecution Service said on Wednesday that Bigby was facing charges of raping a 16-year-old girl and chemically burning her afterwards to hide the crime.

He had also been due to stand "trial in June over the stabbing of a man in north London in October 2006."

Sounds like poetic justice.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Again to be accurate they were alleged crimes. It's worth bearing in mind he wasn't convicted of them.
saltysam wrote:links been changed now to remove mention of the victim's alleged crimes
WTF! You're right.