That Gay Cowboy Movie!

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Final question: So why have my posts been deleted?
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Actually, I wasnt being a dick, but I was quoting directly from Goodfellas, which, if you had half a brain, would have realised.

I was making a joke, which pretty much any other person on the planet would have recognized the moment they read it.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I haven't seen Goodfellas, but I thought you were either quoting something or messing about.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:I'm sure everyone else would much rather discuss Wong Kar-Wai films.
You're wrong, though. Would have loved to see what has been deleted, as everything that gets interesting once it is deleted or censored.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:It's decent, so what if it doesn't have any Asians in it.
Only because this is Yi's reason, doesn't mean it is anybody else's.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

thelostdragon wrote:Only because this is Yi's reason, doesn't mean it is anybody else's.
Are you telling me if this was set in Asia there wouldn't be a big Bullets thread in the Asian forum by now? ;)

The fact it's not set in Asia/has Asian actors I'd wager is a big part to the lack of interest.
Last edited by bradavon on 11 Mar 2008, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:
thelostdragon wrote:Only because this is Yi's reason, doesn't mean it is anybody else's.
Are you telling me if this was set in Asia there wouldn't be a big Bullets thread in the Asian forum by now? ;)
Maybe. Maybe not. But don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. I didn't even imply so.
The fact it's not set in Asia/has Asian actors I'd wager is a big part to the lack of interest.
So be it. Wanna save the world or what?

Personally, I couldn't care less. People's reasons for not seeing a film are so different and people have far more issues than you seem to be able to imagine. For example, my reason for not watching "Happy Together", is because I know I won't be able to identify myself with a gay character. Hence, I didn't watch "Brokeback Mountain" either. I won't watch any of the films, because I am not able to feel with the characters. Call me an ignorant prick if you like.

To me "Fallen Angels" was one of the most boring films I had to sit through. And "Ashes of Time" didn't do anything for me either, except for its GREAT soundtrack. But that's more to the credit of Frankie Chan, than to Wong Kar Wai. It might also be due to the fact that there is only this atrocious DVD where you can't read half of the subtitles due to them being burnt-in and lack black outlines. Makes you miss half of the plot.

"In the Mood for Love" and "2046" were good. "Chungking Express" was nice as well. I watched it at the cinema over here about 5 years ago. I still have to watch "Days of Being Wild" and "As Tears Go By".
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

thelostdragon wrote:Maybe. Maybe not. But don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. I didn't even imply so.
Thanks for informing me the Internet was also known as Lost Dragon's House :D

Nothing I said mentions I was talking specifically to you ;)
For example, my reason for not watching "Happy Together", is because I know I won't be able to identify myself with a gay character. Hence, I didn't watch "Brokeback Mountain" either. I won't watch any of the films, because I am not able to feel with the characters. Call me an ignorant prick if you like.
WTF! That has to be the most bizarre and closed minded reason I've ever come across.

You cannot relate to falling in love? Loss of someone you care about? Those are pretty universal themes.

The fact you've put so much weight on them happening to be gay shows how closed minded you must be. It's completely immaterial to the story of Brokeback Mountain. I've not seen Happy Together but imagine it's the same.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:
thelostdragon wrote:Maybe. Maybe not. But don't put words in my mouth that I didn't say. I didn't even imply so.
Thanks for informing me the Internet was also known as Lost Dragon's House :D
You think the smiley at the end of that sentence changes the fact that this is a total dick reply?
WTF! That has to be the most bizarre and closed minded reason I've ever come across.
Oh yeah, a big controversy, because LD says he cannot relate to being gay. :roll: The most close minded reason you have EVER come across? Don't exaggerate!
You cannot relate to falling in love?
No, I cannot relate to falling in love with a man. Where's the problem?
The fact you've put so much weight on them happening to be gay shows how closed minded you must be.
Me saying that I cannot relay to falling in love with a man qualifies you to judge me as a close minded person? You've known me from here for a very long time and now you label me as close minded because I cannot relate to falling in love with a man? Are you afraid I might think of you being gay, because you say you can relate? Has nothing to do with that. I, LD, just can't relate to it, face it. I'm not judging anybody who can.

Sheesh, attacking me as close minded, for my personal reasons not to watch certain films. Go, get something to do, dude! You should go and take up travelling again and write those nice journals of yours instead of that bullshit you happen to be posting recently.
Last edited by thelostdragon on 29 Feb 2008, 04:13, edited 5 times in total.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Brad's just upset because he now knows he doesn't have a chance with you :wink:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

thelostdragon wrote:Oh yeah, a big controversy, because LD says he cannot relate to being gay.
And you reckon the majority of the people who've seen it can relate to being gay? Please.
thelostdragon wrote:No, I cannot relate to falling in love with a man. Where's the problem?
No problem, don't exaggerate what I said. The film is about falling in love, the fact the central characters happen to be men is immaterial.
and now you label me as close minded because I cannot relate to falling in love with a man?
No not overall but yes close minded for being so hung up on it. Like I said (ask anyone whose seen it) it's not really all that important to the story.
Are you afraid I might think of you being gay, because you say you can relate?
Be careful, we all know what assumptions account to. I'm as straight as you are but like I said it's not relevant to the story.
Sheesh, attacking me as close minded, for my personal reasons not to watch certain films. Go, get something to do, dude!
If they were accurate you'd have a point, they're not.
gasteropod wrote:Brad's just upset because he now knows he doesn't have a chance with you :wink:
Damn it. I've been discovered :D

I want man love with LD.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:
thelostdragon wrote:Oh yeah, a big controversy, because LD says he cannot relate to being gay.
And you reckon the majority of the people who've seen it can relate to being gay? Please.
Maybe not, don't really know. However, they had their reasons for seeing it. I don't. Why do you even care if I wanna watch that film or not? You don't like old-school martial arts films either. Don't get me started on your attitude towards them.
thelostdragon wrote:No, I cannot relate to falling in love with a man. Where's the problem?
No problem, don't exaggerate what I said. The film is about falling in love, the fact the central characters happen to be men is immaterial.
Might be immaterial in your opinion. Even if I would plan to ever watch that film however, I have dozens of Korean and Japanese love dramas that I am 100% sure I can relate to more than to a film about gay love, even if the gay issue was immature.
and now you label me as close minded because I cannot relate to falling in love with a man?
No not overall but yes close minded for being so hung up on it.
Hung up? I mentioned it once and YOU were the one to make a big issue out of it.
Like I said (ask anyone whose seen it) it's not really all that important to the story.
It's been recommended to me quite often, don't worry.
Sheesh, attacking me as close minded, for my personal reasons not to watch certain films. Go, get something to do, dude!
If they were accurate you'd have a point, they're not.
I have a point in saying that you shouldn't attack me for a harmless comment I made. Stop being a dick, FFS!
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Why do you even care if I wanna watch that film or not?
What made you think I do? ;) .

I was responding to your ignorant comments, that's not ignorance for your opinions of homosexuality but making a gross assumption about a film just because the leads happen to be gay. Which you've illustrated well you have a chip on your shoulder about.

I don't see how if you can watch a film with heterosexual love you cannot homosexual love. I presume you wouldn't also watch it if the leads were in their 80s? Or maybe if the leads were female? Can you relate to being female or in your 80s, any more than you can being gay?

I cannot relate to finding men sexually or emotionally attractive any more than you can but I can relate to people falling in love, and loss. Like I said those are universal themes. I've never thought of Eva as a raving queen but he too thought was an excellent film.

The fact you've entirely dismissed it just because the leads are gay without finding out anything more about it does show you're closed minded about homosexuality (maybe slightly homophobic). I guess you don't like me saying that but I say it how I see it.

Your reason for not watching Brokeback Mountain is skewed based on assumptions you've made, that's all.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

1. Brad, what are you now, an analyst?

2. Have you missed the point in my original post where I said, "call me an ignorant prick if you like"? I knew how so many people are close-minded enough to call me ignorant due to that. Funnily, only Bradavon, the BnB cop, seems to be offended enough. Well, does it surprise anybody?
The fact you've entirely dismissed it just because the leads are gay without finding out anything more about it
Who is ignorant now? How on earth do you know that I don't know anything more about HT and BM? Analyist with visionary powers? How did you land on welfare?

In the end I wanna ask you if I have ever started an argument with you for your reasons of not liking old school martial arts films. Have I? Maybe others have, but I have not. Without wanting to praise myself, but I was OPEN minded enough to accept that you have your reasons. And I have mine for not watching HT and BM. Now if you think that your reasons are better than mine, then you are an ignorant, close-minded idiot, because the reasons are just individually different.
Last edited by thelostdragon on 29 Feb 2008, 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I'm not a homophobe, but I have no particular interest in seeing Brokeback Mountain either.

And Brad, you shouldnt delete posts when it's clear to everyone with half a brain that it was a joke. Dumbass.
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

Too much text,
But Brokeback Mountain is decent and to not watch it because you feel you can't relate certainly does seem to be an attitude that stems from homophobia.
I can't say I've ever considered whether or not I can relate to any dramas before I go and watch them, and if I did I would probably watch very few films indeed. I can also guarantee that with the exception of films containing homosexuality you are the same, hence the fair assumption.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Lourdes wrote:But Brokeback Mountain is decent and to not watch it because you feel you can't relate certainly does seem to be an attitude that stems from homophobia.
What? Is this the club of psychologists now? :lol:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:And Brad, you shouldnt delete posts when it's clear to everyone with half a brain that it was a joke. Dumbass.
Why are you repeating yourself? It made sense (to me anyway) the first time you said it.
Because you didnt bother to reply, or even offer an apology, and went on like nothing happened!? Just a guess...(!)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Sure Brad, you start a huge offtopic discussion about ME being fussy, I respond to that, and suddenly I am the one who has gone offtopic(!)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

If you hadnt edited and/or deleted all those posts, I could haven give you a direct quote of you calling me 'fussy'.
Sadly, you decided to wipe out all traces.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

That wasnt what angered me. I wasnt angered at all. I am now, though, mainly for you twisting the truth and abusing your modpowers...
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

thelostdragon wrote:
Lourdes wrote:But Brokeback Mountain is decent and to not watch it because you feel you can't relate certainly does seem to be an attitude that stems from homophobia.
What? Is this the club of psychologists now? :lol:
Psychologists and clsoet-case homophobes.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Actually, how could you know so well if you weren't a homo-phobic yourself? And why are you and Brad being such pains in the ass calling me an ignorant homo-phobic only because I don't feel the urge to watch a film with gay leading roles?

Anyway, whoever has a problem with that and seems to be personally attacked by that I proclaim they go and fuck themselves or a goat.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

thelostdragon wrote:Actually, how could you know so well if you weren't a homo-phobic yourself?
Quite easily. You'd watch Brokeback Mountain :D

Sorry I couldn't resist that one.
thelostdragon wrote:And why are you and Brad being such pains in the ass calling me an ignorant homo-phobic only because I don't feel the urge to watch a film with gay leading roles?
We're not (at least I'm not). Don't read too much deep thoughts into our comments. This is just the Internet after all.

I happen to disagree with your reasoning why you don't want to see Brokeback Mountain (if you ever did watch it I think you'd be surprised) or Happy Together but I still think you're a top bloke.
thelostdragon wrote:and fuck themselves or a goat.
Does it have to be a goat? :D
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:
thelostdragon wrote:And why are you and Brad being such pains in the ass calling me an ignorant homo-phobic only because I don't feel the urge to watch a film with gay leading roles?
We're not (at least I'm not).
Don't make me quote you. (Hope that "threat" won't lead you to deleting a few posts again). ;)
I happen to disagree with your reasoning why you don't want to see Brokeback Mountain [...] I still think you're a top bloke.
You just successfully qualified yourself to go fuck yourself or a goat. :D