Marion Cotillard - 9/11 attacks were "faked"

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Marion Cotillard - 9/11 attacks were "faked"

Post by grim_tales »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... ge_id=1773

She's entitled her opinion, but I think she is insensitive and hurtful in what she said here, a lot of people lost their lives on 9/11 so she unless she has evidence to back up what she said she should shut up :(

I don't understand what she means by "faked", is she saying they never really happened? :? And if it was cheaper to destroy the building than refurbish it, why do it when they did? Why did they wait until there were people in there on a working day? And discarding all of that, the Twin Towers were iconic, why destroy them?
Hmmm. I just thought of this quote.
"Destroying something is easier than creating something"
- Desperado
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

David Icke wrote a whole book on it a few years ago.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I agree with her, and many others do as well.
There was inside info in the USA goverment that this was going to happen.
At the very least they only KNEW about it and didnt do anything to stop it. they ALLOWED it to happen. If you wanna think more negative, you'd say there were USA people involved in the attack.

Not a doubt in my mind that we've been lied to.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Sounds like some old stuff she said that was dragged up.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

We are definitely being lied to. Such obvious, stupid evidences thay fed us with.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Valuable contributons as always Romero.. ;)
Those comments won't endear her to the American people, thats for sure.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:Valuable contributons as always Romero.. ;)
Those comments won't endear her to the American people, thats for sure.
I like how Grim accuses others of 'valuable contributions' when THEY post just some smilies.
Good thing Grim never posts a single smily(!) :P

:D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Marion Cotillard - 9/11 attacks were "faked"

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:I don't understand what she means by "faked", is she saying they never really happened?
* Firstly: This is the Daily Mail so most of it is either probably made, exaggerated or taken out of context.
* Secondly: Have you not seen all the conspiracy documentaries on TV? It's not exactly news that someone thinks it's fake.

I read it to mean she thinks it's fake what the American Government have told us (which I "could" believe) not that it didn't happen. We all know the twin towers burnt down.

Let her have her opinion and move on IMO.
grim_tales wrote:Those comments won't endear her to the American people, thats for sure.
She's probably more concerned with respect for herself than other people. Good on her for speaking her mind. It may not be accurate but that doesn't mean she cannot say it.

The truth is most Americans are still emotionally dealing with 9/11 and if you say anything negative about the events most Americans will probably get angry about it. You cannot never say anything due to being worried you'll offend someone.

It came as such a shock to most Americans that there indestructible country wasn't so indestructible after all. It will take a generation to get over it. Unlike our 7/7 or I imagine Spain's terrorist attacks where we picked ourselves up and quickly got back to normal.

I am not in the slightest bit worried about getting on a plane or train. I suspect many Americans are still.

That is even more so when you consider Europe today has a much greater threat of terrorism that America has, particularly the UK. We've made ourselves massive targets but unlike America we don't integrate our immigrants very well. I happen to feel uncomfortable about it but to give American patriotism it's due it works!
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

You guys should watch Loose Change
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

She says her words were taken out of context.

Loose Change aka Loose Facts
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i've never watched Loose Change.but i've heard about it :lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Me either... but I've heard about it... :D
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

If you haven't seen it, Mark, why do you call it "Loose Facts"? Is slagging it off as some evil conspiracy theory so much easier than living with a life that makes our lifes way simpler. I guess it's good to have a clear picture of who the enemy is. Gives our everyday life some structure.

Of course "Loose Change" is not like the ultimate source for calling the Bush administration liers, but it certainly raises some questions that will make you wonder.
Last edited by thelostdragon on 06 Mar 2008, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Nah. But there was another doc wasn't there that exposed bits of Loose Change that weren't quite true. It's like any Michael Moore doc. You get truth mixed with lies and guesswork. A doc should be objective an not have an agenda. If someone comes to a doc with a certain point of view they'll believe what they want to believe.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'd hate to live in your head LD. Your mind must never get any peace :D
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

@brad
You rather live with a lie and accept it in order to have your mind at rest? Shame on you.

@mark
As I said, "Loose Change" isn't the ultimate source. Michael Moore isn't either. However, people are so lazy they wouldn't even elaborate and read about the facts, even if it means to find out that their government betrays them. I can't even be assed to write down just some of the facts that at least show we are being lied to as nobody would make the effort to read them. It's easier to post some lol smileys in a row, isn't it, romero? :wink:

Google "false flag operartions". And for the lazy ones, here is a direct link to some examples of false flag operations, for those who still are naive enough to believe that a government would never harm its own people for the purpose of higher interests (meaning their own).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag ... ts_for_war
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

thelostdragon wrote:@brad
You rather live with a lie and accept it in order to have your mind at rest? Shame on you.
Did you even read "my" post?

No of course not but I'd hate to deny everything as a lie. Life is to short to hate everything IMO. You cannot resist having a pop at the American government whenever you get a chance, yawn I'll move on thanks. Shame on you :D
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

I read "your" post and couldn't help but to read sarcasm due to that smiley.

Anyway, the problem is that too many people have that attitude of yours. And they will keep it up as long as it isn't them who are starving and as long as it isn't their families that are dying due to an invasion based on a huge and obvious lie.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

thelostdragon wrote:I read "your" post and couldn't help but to read sarcasm due to that smiley.
I meant my first post ;) . The second was clearly meant in jest, as you took it.
thelostdragon wrote:Anyway, the problem is that too many people have that attitude of yours. And they will keep it up as long as it isn't them who are starving and as long as it isn't their families that are dying due to an invasion based on a huge and obvious lie.
Maybe but we cannot change the world by ourselves.

I'd rather just get on with life and if I can help then I will but otherwise knowing the American Government is corrupt or millions of people die in Africa daily doesn't suddenly make the events happen less.

Besides your attitude doesn't exactly help much in reality either and it just makes you (speaking generally) bitter.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

bradavon wrote:Maybe but we cannot change the world by ourselves.
Everybody thinks so because it makes their lifes easier, living with a less bad conscience. Let's assume the truth does ever come out, are you going to tell your grandchildren that you accepted it the way it was since you wanted to "get on with life" when you could have joined a demonstration at the least? It's true, an individual can't change a lot, but an individual can help seeking the truth and spread it.
I'd rather just get on with life and if I can help then I will but otherwise knowing the American Government is corrupt or millions of people die in Africa daily doesn't suddenly make the events happen less.
There is a difference between simply knowing these things and accepting them because you want to "get on with life".

While you can accept such things, I cannot accept that family members of mine were killed in Iraq and Palestine due to evil governments. I will never forget that the government of the USA is the reason my uncle and my cousins aren't alive anymore and I will not accept that it tries to make the world believe that it was a rightful thing to do due to some fake reasons for this war.

So while you try to stay neutral on this whole issue (I assume so), I am definitely not making happy happy with the US government.

We can throw reasons for this war at each other again, but aren't you tired of this. In the end, when I look at the number, I can only say that it wasn't Muslims or Arabs or Saddam that have killed 1.2 million innocent Iraqis. Not before and not during this war.

Which reminds me of people who still believe that Muslims and Arabs are a threat to the world. In fact it wasn't Muslims and Arabs either who killed 60 million people during World War 2. And it wasn't them who gassed and burned 6 million Jews during that time. And it wasn't them who killed two million civilians in the Vietnam war (and injuring 4 millions with napalm leading to heritagle disablement even to this day). And it wasn't them who destroyed two entire cities with nuclear bombs, killing most of its residents. I mean the list goes on and on.

Sure Muslims had their share in wars when it comes to killing, but when I look at the numbers, I feel that the larger threat to the world is somewhere else than in the Muslim world. Even if the official 9/11 story was true, going by the numbers it's Europe and the USA that are the real threat to the bigger percentage of the world's population.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Who is to say what is the truth? Events such as 9/11 run so deep we will probably never know what happened or if we already do know. I do know no matter what we're told there will be someone who doesn't believe it.

Just because you may read more about it on the Internet than someone else it doesn't mean you know the truth any more than they do. It's not laziness it's just I have different priorities to you.

I can assure you I think about these things more than most people my age (as do most people on this forum I would imagine) but it doesn't mean we end up changing anything more than the silent majority who prefer living with their head in the sand.

Just because I don't like to constantly argue about it and disagree with everything the government (speaking loosely) says or does it doesn't mean I don't think about it.

It sounds like you have more personal reasons than I do to be angry. Call me shallow but I'm afraid I have no direct/personal connections to the people of the Middle East so I cannot feel anything more towards these people than I already do. Which isn't any more or any less than I do to any other person on this planet I do not know.

I am tired of you constantly bringing it up yes. I don't wish to be rude but I do get tired of it now you ask. Do I get tired over Bushes War on Terror? Yes but there's nothing I can do about it, absolutely nothing. I guess I am not as politically minded as you.

You should be a politician not work in film IMO.

At the end of the day I choose to not think about it 24/7. It doesn't mean I don't think about it but ultimately other things have more importance to me. Like being a good person, looking after my friends and family etc . . .
Even if the official 9/11 story was true, going by the numbers it's Europe and the USA that are the real threat to the bigger percentage of the world's population.
I think we're all as bad as each other. No one nation, country or continent is completely blameless.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Markgway wrote:Me either... but I've heard about it... :D
I've heard about it too :D
She doesn't say 9/11 wasnt a tragic event, but if I lost friends or family in the attack I'd find her comments offensive. As you said yourself 9/11 is a very sensitive issue to most Americans.
7/7 - I'd imagine this still haunts Londoners, and TBH we don't know how Spain/Madrid has reacted, as you say maybe they "picked themselves up" as it hasnt been on the news.
I've given Farenheit 9/11 a rental (I havent seen it). Is Manyfacturing Dissent the one that shows up Moore's documentaries?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

It's much easier living in a black-white world for some.
Truth is, goverments have their own agendas and a few hundred people, or a few thousand, are just statistics to them if it means they can use it as a means to a achieve more power en money etc.

Just look at who benefitted from 9/11. Look how it was used to steer the west into an illegal war with Iraq. Look at how mediocre their attempts have been to capture Bin Laden, like going in with wayyy too few troops, and even calling down troops when they had him closed down once...

The current Bush administration needs Bin Laden alive for the time being. He's the boogyman that's acting as the huge reason why some people still support the huge spending on the war of terror, cause they want 'justice'.
It wouldnt surprise me if the magically capture or kill Bin Laden somewhere in the fall, right in time for the presidential election, too boost morale and support for the republican party and it's presidential candidate, McCain (who seems like just another puppet, just like Bush Jr.)