Prince Harry in Afghanistan

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Prince Harry in Afghanistan

Post by grim_tales »

Good on Prince Harry for for serving and fighting in Afganistan IMO :)
But why was his prescence leaked and put on the UK news? :? He really would live up to his "Bullet Magnet" nickname if its revealed to the world where he is :? :roll:
Why has he been taken home now? I know its dangerous, but I bet the other soldiers don't have the option of coming home when things get a bit hairy for them. :roll:
Harry said he wants to go back but the Head of the Army (can't remember his name) has said he can't.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Have you even seen the news :lol:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Er.. yes? :? There was a BBC News bulletin the other day, and a Channel 4 one that I heard about. What's your point?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Because every single question you asked is explained daily on the news, on every TV channel and in every newpaper.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Doesn't mean I can't discuss it on here :roll: :?
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

romero is back with a vengeace!
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D
And this time, it's personal.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

if anyone thinks the pampered prince was in any real danger at any time then they are extremely naive.... :wink:
working class blu-ray fan
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Sort of thiing that Romero would say:-
"You are shit and scum for being illinformed."
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

saltysam wrote:if anyone thinks the pampered prince was in any real danger at any time then they are extremely naive.... :wink:
If he wants to join the army he should be treated the same as other soldiers IMO.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

I don't see what the big fuss is about to be honest. I mean, if he wants to go to war, let him. Just becuase he's a member of the "royal" family doesn't make him any different to anyone else.

If he gets his head blown of when he's fighting, so be it. It would be his choice...
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

The dude is a twat, always lived a priviliged life, and when he goes to war for 2 months, it's world news!?
I guess now that fox-hunting is banned, the royals enjoy shooting at poor arabs instead, just like the old days.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:But why was his prescence leaked and put on the UK news? :?
It wasn't. It was leaked in Australia then the USA. There wasn't much point keeping it quiet here by then.
grim_tales wrote:Why has he been taken home now?
Because he will put others at serious risk and is also a major target for himself. Can you imagine what would happen if a prince was hurt? Let alone killed.
grim_tales wrote:If he wants to join the army he should be treated the same as other soldiers IMO.
Alas we don't all live in Neverland ;)

That is what they tried to do but the simple fact is he is very different.
IronMonkey wrote:I don't see what the big fuss is about to be honest. I mean, if he wants to go to war, let him. Just becuase he's a member of the "royal" family doesn't make him any different to anyone else.
Of course it does. He would be a massive target for the people they're fighting.

Agreed he shouldn't be treated better than anyone else but the simple fact is he has been since he was born and that's not going to change, ever.
Yi-Long wrote:The dude is a twat, always lived a priviliged life, and when he goes to war for 2 months, it's world news!?
Privileged Yes? But if you bothered to watch him in conversation you would see he is anything but a twat. He's a very articulate and caring person. Both of them are.

He just wants to be a soldier (what's wrong with that?). It's not his fault he can no longer live a normal life. It's not like he's a celebrity who ultimately chose their life.

Of course it's world news. Isn't news about celebrities always put higher than other news? Hell 10 years on we're still sadly getting news on the death of his mother. It's also big news as a big pecentage of British people really look up to and respect the monarchy. I cannot say I do (or anyone else my age I know) but many older folk definitely do.
Yi-Long wrote:I guess now that fox-hunting is banned, the royals enjoy shooting at poor arabs instead, just like the old days.
I don't know much about Dutch royalty but British royalty lost their powers centuries ago.

He's a soldier and as such is sent where the British government sends him. The royals have zero say in it. Yes they probably have a say about putting him in danger but not where he's sent.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

bradavon wrote: Privileged Yes? But if you bothered to watch him in conversation you would see he is anything but a twat. He's a very articulate and caring person. Both of them are.
:lol: Because you know him so well.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Can someone please post a nazi-Harry picture!?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Prince Harry is a hooray henry who spends his time getting pissed in bars when he's in the uk. tosser.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote: :lol: Because you know him so well.
Okay saying he's caring is pushing it a bit. I reckon he probably is though but you only need to watch any interview he's in to see he's articulate.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote: but you only need to watch any interview he's in to see he's articulate.
probably helps a bit when you are privileged enough to receive the highest education standards available.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

and the fact 90% of what he says is written for him and rehersed and double checked before its sent out to the TV around the world.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

bradavon wrote:
grim_tales wrote:But why was his prescence leaked and put on the UK news? :?
It wasn't. It was leaked in Australia then the USA. There wasn't much point keeping it quiet here by then.
grim_tales wrote:Why has he been taken home now?
Because he will put others at serious risk and is also a major target for himself. Can you imagine what would happen if a prince was hurt? Let alone killed.
grim_tales wrote:If he wants to join the army he should be treated the same as other soldiers IMO.
Alas we don't all live in Neverland ;)

That is what they tried to do but the simple fact is he is very different.
Thanks Brad.
I get what you mean but I agree with Ironmonkey though. At least he can say he has fought though, unlike some other Royals so good on him :)
The British Army are fighting the Taliban (sp?) - hardly "poor Arabs.."
Last edited by grim_tales on 03 Mar 2008, 13:51, edited 1 time in total.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well just watch Rambo 3 to see who they are fighting, they will never win agaisnt an army like that :D pointless even fighting, even 100000000 Rambo's could not win agaisnt them.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Never had Brad & Grim down as royalists. When the queen visits your area do you both go along to bend the knee and tug the forelock before her :wink:
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

and clean her bum with your mouth.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Harry maybe a tosser at home... but you have to give him credit for putting himself on the line when frankly he didn't have to. Would I have the guts to go on the front line against the Taliban? Nope. OK. So maybe he got extra protection? I don't know. But give the guy a break. First thing he did when he got back was say that he's not a hero and instead praised his injured colleagues. That shows he has some compassion and sense. Am I Royalist? Definately not. I'd disband the Monarchy in a heartbeat. But that doesn't make me blind to a person's good points and effort.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

The question isnt if someone is 'brave' enough, but if someone is stupid enough. Harry clearly is stupid enough.
There;s nothing cool or brave about going to the other side of the world and shoot at poor people you dont know, just because your goverment says you should.