Benazir Bhutto killed

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Did we say she is a "fine person"??? And I know Wiki is user maintained thanks. As for being cleared of corruption, the impartial BBC also said that. Did we say she was a saint? No. All that article says is we shouldnt forget the bad stuff she did and that she wasnt a perfect person.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

But you will still say she is a fine person.
Please show us exactly where anyone has said that? I even said I don't doubt your claims, but I guess you ignored that bit.

Back on topic after Romero's single minded/ignorant rant:

On the news it said Bhutto's husband and 19 year old son are now leading the party. It's good for the people her son is involved but isn't he way too young?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I'm guessing this is what Romero is referring to:

"Amnesty International accused her government of having one of the world's worst records of custodial deaths, killings and torture......Within her party, she declared herself the lifetime president of the PPP and refused to let her brother Murtaza challenge her. When he persisted in doing so, he ended up shot dead in highly suspicious circumstances outside the family home. Murtaza's wife Ghinwa and his daughter Fatima, as well as Benazir's mother, all firmly believed that Benazir gave the order to have him killed."

If it's true then clearly she wasn't the heroine some commentators have made her out to be... but no one here said she was perfect and assassination is still a horrible event and not something I can take any pleasure out of.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

If what Romero highlighted is true then that is horrible.. but it doesnt mean we should gloat over the fact she is dead. I agree with you Mark :)
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

As I said that article does not mention many of the things she was involved in, there are far worse things I have read that have went on.

I am not gonna show you everything. You choose to think what you want, does not matter what I show you, its obvious no matter what I say none of the facts will change your views. Even when you have not read even a fraction of what I have.

Gloat, I said it was Justice. I did not take pleasure out of it, read again.

Scum deserve punishment, she was far from a nice normal person by any account, she was criminal scum.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i blame the leaf eating lefties
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Thatcher did it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

This probably doesn't mean a lot to you Romero but just to put it in context that she wasn't 100% bad (as you make out and everyone has been disagreeing you with):

"Benazir Bhutto's accomplishments as a woman are undeniable. As the first female - and the youngest - to lead a post-colonial Muslim state, Bhutto has revolutionized and broken down the stereotypes surrounding the role of women in the Muslim world."

Source: http://www.browndailyherald.com/

A female leader in such a deeply male orientated religion cannot be entirely ignored.
romerojpg wrote:You choose to think what you want, does not matter what I show you, its obvious no matter what I say none of the facts will change your views.
What's so hard to believe that some people don't consider it was right she was murdered? Despite what you say.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

If your a woman then its fine :mrgreen: yup great point. Way to go, keep it up that put all her crimes into context and we all should fall down and cry now for all criminals, who happen to be woman.

Next you will be saying the Mandellas were wonderful people for their country :lol: Winie Mandella should also be forgiven for ordering the killing of tens of thousands, she was a woman leader and we all now should drop down and forgive that evil bitch as well for the mass muder she did.

I was soo wrong after all, if your a woman criminal it is OK, we forgive you and your a child of the innocent.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

romerojpg wrote:If your a woman then its fine :mrgreen:
We're not all sexist pigs :roll:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Romero's piece also says this (highlighted these parts);

Benazir Bhutto was a courageous, secular and liberal woman. But sadness at the demise of this courageous fighter should not mask the fact that as a pro-Western feudal leader who did little for the poor, she was as much a central part of Pakistan's problems as the solution to them.

Seems fair enough to me. But when someone like Bhutto has died, is it right to simply make a list of things that made them a bad person? I don't think so. Assess all they did equally.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Sexist Pig, your really are mental. You know nothing about women, so keep quiet.

If I go out and do thousands of amazing things, then the next day murder someone, I am STILL a murderer. THE END.

It means sod all what you do if you commit murder. Doing good does not bring back dead people and the cash you steal from millions of poor people.

Hitler did some amazing things to advance us in todays society, saved many lives, advanced technology and medicine etc.. and cared for his people etc..

But he is still scum of the earth, no one cares about what he did apart from the bad.

Good things do not cancel out crimes like murder and stealing billions, unless your a dick who lets off criminals like the pansies running this country.

When someone murders someone you fools love I will go and look at their history and find all the good things I can about that evil scumbag murderer and throw them in your face, as hey they were not always scumbags and you should respect them for murdering your loved ones if the good they did was aplicable to someone out there.
If you do not then you are obviously not repecting the dead, and you are wrong for hating the person who did the crime. You awful people :lol:

Lets open all prison doors right now and let the scum run free, but only if they have done some good to back up their crimes :roll:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hitler did some amazing things to advance us in todays society, saved many lives, advanced technology and medicine etc.. and cared for his people etc..
Evidence please. Are you taking the piss or mentally ill?

Yes nothing will bring back the dead, but if a person who has done wrong RECOGNISES they have done wrong and tries to put something back into society and do good, then that is a good thing surely?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

grim_tales wrote:
Evidence please. Are you taking the piss or mentally ill?

Grim you are a thicko. You know nothing if you think Hilter did nothing at all apart from kill people. Do some research for once in you life :roll:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Don't :roll: me.
Sorry Romero.
But listen, we never claimed Bhutto was perfect. But dragging her through the mud when she has just died is in very poor taste IMO. It was like the Question Time that was shown a mere 48 hours after 9/11, what was said was grossly insulting to the victims just 48 hours after the tragedy :( Then was not the right time.
I apologise Romero. :) Anyway moving on...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yup pointles talking about it anyway, as if the world cares what a few people on forums think. The scum will keep running the world, esspecially in Pakistan thats for sure.

No need to appologise to anyone, say what you want I say. We are not the evil people in the world who act on what they say.
Last edited by romerojpg on 01 Jan 2008, 15:37, edited 1 time in total.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Sorry about that Romero :)
Your article had some good points about Bhutto though.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I never even saw that article, until 5 minutes before I posted it. It just summed up many of the thing I knew and worded them well.

Still her being killed is probibly gonna end Pakistan from the look of it, they want Nukes and want to use them. This is an excuse to do that.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

That's bad for Pakistan then :( All the rioting going on, and despite the President saying elections will go ahead it doesnt seem safe :(
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

The news to be honest does not care about the killings and riots, the BBC and other large stations are pretty much ignoring it all now, as they ussually do after a big event has finished.

The Elections will be rigged beyond words anyway, like they always were and will be. Corrupt people in power rule all the parties, even the people who have taken over BB party are not what you call law abiding family members.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:Benazir Bhutto was a courageous, secular and liberal woman. But sadness at the demise of this courageous fighter should not mask the fact that as a pro-Western feudal leader who did little for the poor, she was as much a central part of Pakistan's problems as the solution to them.
Those are some pretty big facts to just ignore!
romerojpg wrote:Sexist Pig, your really are mental. You know nothing about women, so keep quiet.
:D

You what??? That's a classic Romero quote if ever I read one. I may have to put in my signature. I supposed you're a saviour to all women and think all women drop at your feet then?
romerojpg wrote:Hitler did some amazing things to advance us in todays society, saved many lives, advanced technology and medicine etc.. and cared for his people etc..
:D

That's just laughable. How exactly did he advance medicine? Let me see by experimenting on people he's enslaved in ways so hideous and ghastly you don't even want to think about them.

Obviously he did great things for the local German people circa 1934 to 1939 but that was all at the expense of hurting others. He committed suicide and thus stopping a war crimes trial that should've taken place.

Please show us as we're all thickos how he advanced today's society? Please illustrate where in today's British society his legacy is still being shown?

All you're doing is copy/pasting from some article and you think that makes you an expert. You're completely and deliberately ignoring all the facts written in Bhutto's favour. You get angry at Michael Moore for being one sided but do exactly the same yourself.

You're still failing to see why some people don't consider it justice she was assassinated. The fact is no one is perfect (maybe you are?) so should we all killl ourselves?
Last edited by bradavon on 01 Jan 2008, 16:34, edited 1 time in total.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Three pages of us ranting at each other with Romero ignoring everything we say and repeating text from his elusive article :D
romerojpg wrote:The Elections will be rigged beyond words anyway, like they always were and will be.
We can agree on this one :D

I suspect Musharif's party to get back in.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

As Brad says Romero, I find your Hitler quote laughable. He may have "helped" his own people and supporters of his party but also hurt and killed many other people, Jews, gays, black people, disabled people :( Hitler advanced medicine WTF?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'm not even sure the "results" of his advanced medicine have been been used since or if he/his so called scientists even advanced anything.

What did they achieve out of it? Again oh master of knowledge prey tell?

I suspect Romero is one of those people who denies the Holocaust ever happened.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

If you say so.