Tony Blair - What do you think of his 10 year reign?

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

You're right 9/11 isnt even listed there! They should update that ;) The date at the bottom said 1999.
When I said terrorist attack I meant 9/11, if Osama/Al Qaeda were the brains behind it, then IMO America were right to go after Bin Laden.
They didn't find Bin Laden, we're supposed to have got rid of the Taliban ages ago so they must still be "there" as we're still in Afghanistan too.
With the 7/7 attacks on London, or the attacks in Madrid/Bali etc I don't mean countries should be bombed, just that the people who did it should be caught.
Shen
Royal Tramp

Post by Shen »

how'd you think that'd work grim? hey Mr Bin Laden, come out come out wherever you are, we got candy for you! aww please come on, i wont be your friend if you don't come out!
Hey Mr Saddam, please come to us, we only wanna kill you, we'll give you money? candy? a palace?

the west cant intervene in a country without conflict and "collateral damage" its just not in our nature to be peaceful, we think we are the world police, IMO we are bigger terrorists than anyone else in this world. we have the weapons, the army and money to attack whomever we want. god knows we've threatened a lot of countries over time
(by we i mean the US and the UK)

funny, they cant even find some Saudi guy walking with a cane and hiding in the caves, and if other reports i've read are founded, the dude has kidney problems too and is a pretty ill man, yup he can survive in the tribal areas of the middle east quite well...
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D
Well theyve tried everything else to get Bin Laden :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Exactly my point. Blair had nothign to do with the smoking ban in any of these countries. Only when they proved successful did England commit. He played it safe.
Maybe not in Scotland but I bet he did Wales, Wales has a lot less rights than Scotland.
I'm not much of a drinker so that never bothered me... but I'm not aware of any positive effect it's had on stopping drunken clashes. Maybe you know different?
Interestingly what has been proven wrong is that it's not made it any worse. I remember all the crap at the time that it would make it way worse.

As for making it better no it's not BUT that's because most pubs still voluntarily close around 11pm anyway and people still go out earlier and finish earlier in the UK than they do the mainland. I was really looking forward to this law coming in but the reality is pub landlords don't want to employ staff (unless it's a bloody nigh club, god no thanks) to carry on working.