Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma!

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma!

Post by Yi-Long »

Trailer came out today (or yesterday), and it looks stunning.
http://gdc.gamespot.com/video/6206586/n ... ideos;hd;2

...plus we can finally play as Ayane, or as some other chick! Trailer looks awesome (apart from the dumb dub), especially the rainy level and the huge buddha at the end.

Let's hope Europe will get the uncut version this time (Sigma 1 was censored)
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

My initial reaction when I saw the news over at Iberian's NG Realm forum was "meh".

My reaction to this video is "meh".

Its the same as the other Ninja Gaiden Sigma - just a rehash of an XBox game onto the PS3.

I personally have not played Ninja Gaiden Sigma, but the real masters of the games all say it is not superior to Ninja Gaiden Black (the best of the series).

I can definitely see the same happening here with Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2.

The only things really poorly done with Ninja Gaiden II on the XBox 360 were the camera, engine slowdowns in certain places, and the broken scoring system.

Other than that, the game is perfect. It certainly doesn't need a co-op mode or other playable characters. The parts of that video showing Ayane in action didn't impress me at all.

I'm thinking maybe the other female character is Rachel, although in Ninja Gaiden II she has blonde hair and in Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 its brown.

Put it this way, I don't see anything here that is going to make me shell out for a PS3.
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

IronMonkey wrote:Its the same as the other Ninja Gaiden Sigma - just a rehash of an XBox game onto the PS3.
There's a big difference, actually. The first was a fully blown remake, this is just an enhanced port.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

The brown-haired 3rd girl in NGS2 isn't Rachel (thank god), but the female ninja from NG Dragon Sword from the DS Ninja Gaiden. Great design btw.

Personally, I WOULD love to play as Ayane in Ninja Gaiden 2, as well as with the 3rd female ninja character, but today I've read that you can't controll them in the single-player mode... so meh.

A much bigger 'meh' though is that I read they have toned down the violence and gore for this version, and supposedly it's also easier.... (!)

... so my initial excitement about the game has now dropped quite a bit.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

EASIER?!

I'll definitely pass then. The Ninja Gaiden games are for hardcore gamers, not casual gamers. I have completed both Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden II on Master Ninja mode and am proud of these achievements, so to play an easier Ninja Gaiden game would just be lame!
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Yi-Long wrote:A much bigger 'meh' though is that I read they have toned down the violence and gore for this version, and supposedly it's also easier.... (!)

... so my initial excitement about the game has now dropped quite a bit.
You're definitely jumping the gun too soon, all it is likely just a lower difficulty option or two.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I lost money a few years ago when I borrowed my Ninja Gaiden to a friend and bet that he wouldn't be able to finish the game in 3 days using the hardest difficulty level...
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

He's obviously played it before then. Or played it 24/7 for 3 days straight.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

He had not played it before. But I do suspect he played it more or less 24 hours a day during those three days. I got a call 2½ hours before the deadline that I owe him 15€.