The Video Game Thread - what are you playing?

Consoles, Computers, iPads, and More
HD Discussion Elsewhere
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Video Game Thread - what are you playing?

Post by gasteropod »

I'm on Lovefilm lol, I get 4 rentals a month for £10.20 or something.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Aw OK (or did I mean Ow OK!?)

I don't know. In this day and age, I just feel rentals seem like a waste of money. You can already inform yourself quite a bit on if you'll like a game or enough through trailers, messageboards, demos and reviews, and why would you then spend money on renting them? Especially older games like these where you can own them for a couple of bucks more, and once you're done with them, you could even sell them again or give them away!?
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

You're making no sense, 4 rentals a month for £10.20 means I'm paying £2.55 per game (!), how is that a waste of money when I just want to play through them once? It means I get to be playing all the shitloads of PS3 games that I'd never have bought.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Trace Memory (Another Code) - DS, nice game :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

gasteropod wrote:You're making no sense, 4 rentals a month for £10.20 means I'm paying £2.55 per game (!), how is that a waste of money when I just want to play through them once? It means I get to be playing all the shitloads of PS3 games that I'd never have bought.
I didn't know you would play through your games so quickly. :) Personally, I take quite a bit of time to finish my games (if ever), plus I usually want to just keep them as well, so TO ME , rentals would seem like a bit of a waste of money, especially considering the very low prices nowadays for the not-so-recent games... :)
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Yeah it's only recently I've started renting things, and the reason is that I own too much stuff, I need my own place lol
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

gasteropod wrote:You're making no sense, 4 rentals a month for £10.20 means I'm paying £2.55 per game (!), how is that a waste of money when I just want to play through them once? It means I get to be playing all the shitloads of PS3 games that I'd never have bought.
you work full time don't you?and always seem to be watching movies.How do you find the time to finish 4 games a month,watch x aamount of movies,work & have a social life??are there 3 of you??
working class blu-ray fan
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

:lol: (I stay up all night)
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

I got a good system for Renting games - You go to Blockbuster and rent 8 films (takes you 2 or 3 weeks say) then you get 8 loyalty stamps worth a free rental on anything...so you get a game for a week for nothing! That's worth £6 or something!!!

P.S. I never actually did this but I always said I might one day :D
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I dunno, I prefer my method lol, I can keep the games as long as I want, and have 2 discs at home at a time. So I can still be renting films whilst playing on a game. It just so happens this time they sent me two games at once (well, I still have Amer Blu-ray too but that was an extra free rental from a promotion). I usually keep the games for about a fortnight.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

gasteropod wrote:I dunno, I prefer my method lol, I can keep the games as long as I want, and have 2 discs at home at a time. So I can still be renting films whilst playing on a game. It just so happens this time they sent me two games at once (well, I still have Amer Blu-ray too but that was an extra free rental from a promotion). I usually keep the games for about a fortnight.
Legend :thumbs:

P.S. You sig makes you look like Mark. Not a good move! :D :evil: :oops: :oops:
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

luckystars wrote:
gasteropod wrote:I dunno, I prefer my method lol, I can keep the games as long as I want, and have 2 discs at home at a time. So I can still be renting films whilst playing on a game. It just so happens this time they sent me two games at once (well, I still have Amer Blu-ray too but that was an extra free rental from a promotion). I usually keep the games for about a fortnight.
Legend :thumbs:

P.S. You sig makes you look like Mark. Not a good move! :D :evil: :oops: :oops:
Woah woah woah.... :o :icon_suspect:
That's like comparing an Einstein quote to a Chevy Chase quote!!!! :?

Anyway, speaking of Assassin's Creed 2, I started with my AC2GOTY this afternoon. Still very early in it, but I'm happy to say the game makes a decent impression on me so far. Also, I was afraid I wouldn't like the lead character, him being Italian and all, but he's surprisingly likeable so far, and voice-acting as well as facial expression are very very good.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Chevy Chase likes to kiss men? :D

What do you have against Italians? lol
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

gasteropod wrote:Chevy Chase likes to kiss men? :D

What do you have against Italians? lol
Oh, don't get me started on Italians. They're scum! Scum of the earth. It's like a complete nation full of Brads!

Anyway, been playing Assassin's Creed 2 these last two days. Really enjoying it so far.

Also very close to finishing the Light World in Super Meat Boy. I'm at 'The End' and have to finish a couple more levels before I have to fight the boss, and presumably save my lovely sticky Bandage Girl!

And I'll try to finish LBP2 before the end of this month as well, so I can get started with playing with the whole 'create' stuff.

Beyond Good and Evil HD is also ALMOST coming out on XBLA. :clap:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Fucking Ubisoft BASTARDS!

You'd think, that if you'd release a GOTY-edition of the game, it would include the DLC.

Nope, not with Ubisoft. Apparently they only do that for the COMPLETE edition, and I somehow fucked up back then and ordered the GOTY edition, thinking it did in fact include that DLC. Crazy me...(!)
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Yi-Long wrote:Also very close to finishing the Light World in Super Meat Boy. I'm at 'The End' and have to finish a couple more levels before I have to fight the boss, and presumably save my lovely sticky Bandage Girl!
Har har har! Prepare for one of the most frustrating video game experiences you'll ever have when trying to beat the Dark World. I'm currently trying to beat chapter 5's Dark World and some of the warp zones seem impossible. I got "The Kid"-character, though. Some of the bandages in earlier levels, you cannot get until you unlocked some special characters. Something I didn't know, wasting a lot of time trying it with SMB.

And even though the game makes me furious at times, I love it. Like a marriage. :notworthy: :D
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Also very close to finishing the Light World in Super Meat Boy. I'm at 'The End' and have to finish a couple more levels before I have to fight the boss, and presumably save my lovely sticky Bandage Girl!
Har har har! Prepare for one of the most frustrating video game experiences you'll ever have when trying to beat the Dark World. I'm currently trying to beat chapter 5's Dark World and some of the warp zones seem impossible. I got "The Kid"-character, though. Some of the bandages in earlier levels, you cannot get until you unlocked some special characters. Something I didn't know, wasting a lot of time trying it with SMB.

And even though the game makes me furious at times, I love it. Like a marriage. :notworthy: :D
It's cheap, demanding, frustrating, not very pretty, lots of blood and bandages... yep... sounds like a marriage to me :)

I didn't really find the light world that frustrating yet though. Mostly because the gameplay is extremely challenging, but FAIR. Which is why so many people love the game, I guess. :) Some of the warp zones are pretty fucking annoying indeed, but I haven't really bothered too much with them yet...

As usual, I just take my time, sometimes playing a level for hours just to get a good time on them, because I just enjoy the level and the gameplay it brings, and whenever I feel like it I just move on :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Super Meat Boy received free DLC again today! Awesome! Only played 3 levels. Started the 4th and I was laughing my ass off. You'll know when it happens. :D
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

3 levels of which world? The were two new worlds released. The remix one is hard. I only beat 2 levels on the other world that was released today.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I just checked, and it was The Cramps. 4th level. With all the rockets. Awesome.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Just completed Prof. Layton and Pandora's Box on DS - very nice game that improves on Curious Village in story, settings and puzzles :)
It was quite sad though :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Just completed Super Meat Boy's Light World. The last 2 levels were pretty damn hard, but I managed. Only have to do 1 level over again to get an A+ score, so I have all the light levels A+.

Won't be doing it tonight though.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

I finished the dark world of chapter 6 a few days ago. All A+ed. Now on to chapter 7. That's a tough one!
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

I completed the first episode of Back to the Future, and have been playing Pixeljunk Shooter 2. Lovefilm have dispatched Bioshock 2 and Bayonetta today.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:I finished the dark world of chapter 6 a few days ago. All A+ed. Now on to chapter 7. That's a tough one!
Holy shit, that must have been extremely hard...
I'm not even sure if I'll bother with finishing the Dark World. I think I'm almost done with the first Dark World, but I already thought some of the later Light Levels were quite hard. Like I said, especially those last two...

Well done, man! :)