Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - BD-J vs. BD-US

Film Reviews and Release Comparisons

Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Re: Cowboy Bebop - BD-J vs. BD-US

Unread post by Lourdes » 12 Jul 2013, 18:05

The US BD is only a BD25 @ 22Mbps, if it had more bitrate it'd be the clear winner. As is, the Japanese disc with the windowboxing and cropping is superior.

Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Cowboy Bebop - BD-J vs. BD-US

Unread post by Shingster » 12 Jul 2013, 19:28

I think I read on the Blu-ray.com forum that the TV show was coming out in the US, but I genuinely can't find a single iota of information on a US release via any kind of internet search. IIRC isn't the US edition almost as insanely priced as the Japanese? Over 200 bucks or something?

EDIT: Just viewed the 5th comparison grab & realised it's the bleedin' film you're comparing! I was wondering how you could afford to buy both the Japanese and US releases of the TV show! :lol:

Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Re: Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - BD-J vs. BD-US

Unread post by Lourdes » 13 Jul 2013, 00:39

Whoops, fixed the title.

Series is coming out in the UK in two parts, July and September @ £25 each.

New company with an interesting catalogue - http://www.alltheanime.com/catalog - and releases that sound like they could be ports of Japanese ones. UK the new Korea?

Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Cowboy Bebop: The Movie - BD-J vs. BD-US

Unread post by Shingster » 13 Jul 2013, 01:42

Yeah we might end up benefiting from being a different region to Japan on Blu-ray if they can get hold of some of the shows with escalated RRPs in the US. I'd be surprised if Bebop ends up cheaper than over here.