Rambo: R1 vs R5 (Ukraine)

Film Reviews and Release Comparisons
Xenon
Pedicab Driver

Rambo: R1 vs R5 (Ukraine)

Post by Xenon »

WARNING! The Contents of this thread may contain huge amounts of suck.

So I grabbed the official R5 dvd a while ago (good thing I grabbed it off the torrents, not the market shelf), and the contents were beyond unbelievable. How can you fuck up a DVD this bad?

So the shit starts with 2 minute commercial of some cinema theatre, which you cannot skip or fast forward, but since it's usual to get shit like that on the DVD I thought I'll just let it slide. After 2 minutes of boredom you finally can click play, but do you really want to...? Well if you do you get a 30 second commercial of vodka.

And if you have good vision or hearing you'll really gonna need some.

Screenshot comparisons:

All in one.

R1
R5
R1
R5
R1
R5
R1
R5

The R5 release is a pixelly mess. Some of you might say that it actually looks better when it moves, like with most dvds but it actually looks worse. And not only that but also the English audio sounds really bad and is actually lagging behind the video in the first half of the movie. But don't worry in the second half the the video starts to lag behind the audio.

P.S. I hope I didn't mess up with the comparison. Shots taken with VLC. R5 release captures were originally 1024x576 (it's PAL release) so I resized them down to R1 NTSC size captures (853x480) with ACDSEE PRO (the originals actually look a lot worse). If I fucked up please point out the mistakes.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Rambo: R1 vs R5 (Ukraine)

Post by Markgway »

Just curious... why bother with an R5 when the R1 and R2 releases were uncut and great quality?
Xenon
Pedicab Driver

Re: Rambo: R1 vs R5 (Ukraine)

Post by Xenon »

Curiosity, dude. Also you can find these releases dirt-cheap. Too bad that they are rarely good.