Hinokio Comparison Review (JP R2 vs HK R3)

Film Reviews and Release Comparisons
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Hinokio Comparison Review (JP R2 vs HK R3)

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Click
Hinokio is an entertaining reflection of Japan’s technological creativity, combining sublime visuals with sociological subtexts and captivating messages. The unconventional subject matter and over-sentimentality may appear awkward but this typically Japanese concept has the potential to communicate on a global scale. Director Takahiko Akiyama blurs the line between reality and fantasy, both literally and figuratively; his unique imagination will be duly noticed in future productions.

The differences between the two discs are not governed by the audio and video transfers, but instead by supplementary materials. The Japanese region two has some lovely extras, albeit without subtitles. Conversely, the HK disc is a nice option for those who simply want to watch the film, which appears to have been ported from the Japanese DVD. The choice is solely dependant on the individual’s personal requirements.
This was such a pleasant surprise. 8)
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

Thanks for the review.

I just finished watching it.
Although it does slow down and become a little bit too melodramatic for my taste near the end, I really enjoyed it. Lots of good ideas and pleasant scenes.

Thanks Bisc. :)
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

You're welcome man. That's the nicest (and only) comment anyone's said with regards to my review.

Glad you enjoyed it. :D
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

A nice little film indeed. I bit too long, but otherwise great. I own the japanese dvd myself (bought it before the HK disc was released).