80's kids TV

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

80's kids TV

Post by grim_tales »

Did anyone see the 80's "Children's TV on Trial" show last night?
I watched the 70's one too which was good.
Ahhh... Postman Pat, Teenage Mutant Ninja (Hero back then) Turtles, Thundercats, Dungeons and Dragons, Going Live!, The Broom Cupboard, Knightmare, Chronicles of Narnia.. classic :D
Mumm-Ra (Thundercats) was quite scary :o As was Venger (Dungeons and Dragons).
"Oooh... nasty!" ;)
I'm sure there was one famous Knightmare episode where the kid didnt know left from right, or something like that!
I have very vague memories of Pigeon Street but not very much, I remember Willy Fogg though, the theme tune was great! Dangermouse rocked too. Belle and Sebastian, like Willy Fogg, was another long, episodic show. It was about a boy called Sebastian, who was searching for his mum in the Pyrenees, with the help of his dog, Belle.
Anyone remember the last episode of The Family Ness where they did a full length version of the theme tune?
I'm wondering whether to pick up the Dangermouse and Thundercats DVD sets now... ;)
There were some classic surreal animations like Willo The Wisp, Henry's Cat, Stoppit and Tidyup, Bunyip, Thomas The Tank Engine (OK not surreal) etc that werent mentioned on the 80's show though
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I missed the 90's kids TV shows programme last night - doh!
I also have fond memories of some (early) 90's stuff.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Batman, other DC animated Dini/Timm-verse shows, Reboot and Beast Wars were the only worthwhile cartoons in the 90s. Not counting adult oriented toons like Simpsons, South Park, etc.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I remember Reboot - featured groundbreaking CGI at the time.
I liked Batman, Spiderman etc :) Fine 90's cartoons :)