The Sarah Connor Chronicles Thread

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I've just finished watching "Today is the Day, pt.2" episode 19. One of the best in ages. We have 3 episodes and 2 weeks left for it to run here.

One thing has pissed me off since almost the start. James Cameron went to great lengths to show us how difficult the Terminator is to kill yet in the TV series they manage to kill them so ridiculously easily. Grrr!

Season 3 not cancelled, yet:

http://io9.com/5213470/dollhouse-and-te ... y-insiders

It includes some titbits on what could come.
Last edited by bradavon on 17 May 2009, 23:04, edited 1 time in total.
IronMonkey
Royal Tramp

Post by IronMonkey »

John Cameron?! :P :D
TH-42PX80 | DMP-BD50 (MR BD & DVD) | SA-XR55 | SB-TP20 | XBox 360 Slim 250GB | XBox (XBMC, 160GB) | Zotac XBMC HTPC | Gaming PC | 8TB Media Server
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I finally got around to seeing the series finale. Pretty good I thought. Surprisingly not really action packed though. It was definitely better than last seasons finale.

Lots of questions left unanswered, which is fine if another series does come. For example, what is kalebra? I worked out a good few episodes back Catherine Weaver was in fact on the side of good.

The sex (almost) scene, if we can call it that, between Cameron and John was frankly bizarre and freaky to put it mildly. Clearly her Cameron's bra came off, purely to make the scene that bit racier. It was pretty dumb how Sarah Connor left John with a terminator, she barely knows.

I genuinely like this show but it's a shame for the most part the writing is never quite strong enough to take it to the next level. Terminator and Terminator 2 are so epic in their scope but this (for the most part) wimps out, getting so close to greatness. Still, it's a decent show. Hopefully Series 3 is coming.

Overall I still think Season 1 has better writing, that had some really strong episodes.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

The last two episodes were great, I didn't much like the ending though where John is stuck in the future. Basically it created a stupid time paradox where John Connor never was the resistance leader.

Show's creative lead, Josh Friedman's goodbye letter. A good read.

I enjoyed this show, intelligent sci-fi are going be hard to come by now that this and BSG have ended.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Isn't it an alternate universe? So presumably back in the original universe, he still does.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Hmmm, good point.