Battlestar Galactica

Discussion of Television Shows & Channels
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Battlestar Galactica

Post by Kurgan »

Screw it, I had to start another thread. I tried to resist, but after seeing the latest episode... I couldn't help it :D

And what an episode. You knew it was coming, but the creators delivered on everything: Galactica almost being taken out and the zoom-out shot to reveal the Pegasus, the Pegasus itself taking out two Base Stars (albeit in a final flight kind of way), the ground assault and tension for future shows being put in place by the Cylon Xena (who looks really different from those days) taking the (most definitely) mixed-race baby... great episode.

Question is, am I the only one watching this new series? :?:
ReconFive
King of Beggars

Post by ReconFive »

That episode completely rocked my socks!

That was so fucking awesome when Galactica jumped directly into atmosphere of New Caprica to launch the vipers
and when Pegasus showed up and saved Galactica's ass AND took out two Baystars with it

Amazingly good episode, the first few episodes of the season did a fantastic job building up to it.

This is the best show being produced right now, without a doubt.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Finally! Another person watching the same show! :D

It truly did rock, didn't it? :D
You know Adama means business now that he's shaved off the 'tache ;)

The 'webisodes' were pretty cool as well. They led well into this third season; nice bit of background stuff.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Another quality episode which entertained me a great deal but, judging by the tumbleweeds blowing around this thread, only me... :)
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Well I just ordered the mini series. If it arouses my gonads then I will watch the later seasons.
gojensen
King of Beggars

Post by gojensen »

Well. I didn't particulary love the miniseries... but I do love the series, especially season 3 so far...
So long, and thanks for all the fish!
ReconFive
King of Beggars

Post by ReconFive »

Sorry Kurgan, i'm still here!!
Just been pretty busy recently with finishing up this TEFL course i'm taking.
...here in Thailand i have to download them off itunes every week.
Both BSG and Lost every week get pretty expensive :?

Yes the episodes have been maintaining their awesomeness 100%.
I am always open for discussion! :D

My friend and i are having a big dispute over Roslin's handling of certain issues. My friend thinks she has become very cold, but i believe she is completly right about everything. That idiot Helo and all his morality bullshit needs to be shot out of an airlock IMO.

What do you think about the current situation??

@bisc ...Please watch it man, its completly awesome.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

I have Season 1 on DVD, but can't watch it as the pilot is not included and the first episode says "Previously on 'Battlestar Galactica'...". When that came up I was like WTF?

So I have to get the pilot first.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

@Recon: Helo's only doing what he thinks is best which, given the fact that he's got Grace Park on his arm, seems to be going pretty well for him ;)

I personally think that the show is aiming for something akin to the Matrix trilogy in thematic terms of battling ideologies. The Cylons in the orginal series and at the beginning of this series (especially season 1) were just bad guys; things that when they get killed, it would be a victory for Galactica. But, we're seeing more and more of the Cylon point of view and we're seeing that Cylons have disagreements with each other about things; notably Caprica 6 and Xena. And (this is just me thinking here), the humanoid Cylons will separate (at some point further down the line) from the tin-can versions and it'll be a three-way conflict.

Oh, and Baltar's a jammy bastard. He's a POW and he still has those two in his bed :D
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

thelostdragon wrote:So I have to get the pilot first.
The mini-series is included in the R1 release of Season 1. Not sure about other regions, though. Just took advantage of the great deal on Season 2 at CD-Wow. :D

Which season do you guys think is best so far? Personally, I think the mini-series was better than the first few eps of Season 1, but that's as far as I've gotten.
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Did you not like the first episode '33'? As far as tense plots go, I thought that was a corker. But, it's a 'good' memory I have of that and the early episodes, as opposed to actual specifics now. Now I'm too engrossed in... almost let the cat out of the bag there ;)
Surprisingly, I have yet to get the series on DVD. I wanted to, but I've seen that they've changed the packaging for some regions (I think a new company has taken over publishing rights, and decided to stick on their logo 'Playback' onto the covers as well) and I just wanted to double check and see what's what.
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

33 was good, I agree. I wasn't quite as impressed with the 2-part episode centering on Thrace. I didn't find Adama's actions believable. Also, Sharon is bugging me. Not sure how on earth Helo can believe the Cylons just left him for dead after shooting at him. Will be interested in seeing if his character survives or is terminated. Seems like the Sharon onboard BsG would be conflicted enough to off herself at this point. Surely after the water incident she must realize she's a Cylon? Hmmm, more to watch tonight.

But which series do you all think is the best so far? 1, 2, or 3?
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Series 3 is turning out very nicely (not completed yet, so I'll hold total judgment until it is finished ;), but season 2 was outstanding. Things get a lot more complicated in that one :)
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Ooooo, just finished up Season 1. I've received an email that Season 2 shipped several days ago. I can't WAIT! :D
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Told ya you'd like it ;)
Which region did you get? And the ones you've got, are they the complete sets, or the 2.0 and 2.5 things (which bug the hell out of me :D)?

Just finished another quality episode. The writers are beginning to tease a little on the Cylon side of things, but unlike other series I could mention *cough*24*cough*Lost*cough* (:D), when the action moves away from one set of characters, the story doesn't just die; as the viewer, you get wrapped up in another story thread, which works very well.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

What were people's thoughts on S3E10? It was powerful I guess, but I didn't much care for the episode's central character. Good riddance to a uninteresting recurring character.
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Kurgan wrote:Told ya you'd like it ;)
Which region did you get? And the ones you've got, are they the complete sets, or the 2.0 and 2.5 things (which bug the hell out of me :D)?
I've got a mixed region collection now. :P My Season 1 is R1 and has the miniseries and all eps of the first season. My Season 2 that's about to arrive any day now is the R2, complete season in one box. It was quite a wonderful deal at CD-Wow, costing about $26.00. Yay!

I'll have to wait 'til Season 3 comes out on DVD, though. I don't subscribe to the Sci-Fi Channel. :(
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Wellllll, there are ways and means... ;)

I mean, I have Sky which showed the first seasons of BSG, but I don't see why I should wait months to see a show which is being broadcast elsewhere in the world. Lost and 24 are other examples of this, although 24 is being shown in the UK at approximately the same timeframe as it's shown in the States, so I can wait for that. Plus I'll get it in HD. Woohoo! :D

Anyways, back to Battlestar (and the fact that I might have to do the same regarding the box sets ;))
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

For your amusement: Battlestar Galacticsimpsons
[/url]
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Good find :)
But there are some spoilers in there, so don't look too closely :D
wazzabi
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by wazzabi »

One of THE best TV shows on right now. This season has been top class thus far.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Wazzabi! :D
How are ya dude? :)
wazzabi
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by wazzabi »

Not too bad mate. And yourself?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »