Post by thelostdragon »

After like half a year! :D

Yeah, can't wait to watch episode 21.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

thelostdragon wrote:After like half a year! :D

Yeah, can't wait to watch episode 21.
Yeah, I'm always a bit slow when dedicating myself to new shows, in fear of getting hooked :D
Man... if I would ever have to go to prison, and I have a PC and internet in there, I will never ever be bored :D
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Swordsman Sulu! Woohoo! 8)
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Still don't know what his superpower is. Or is it that he can teach people everything that they need to know about swordsmanship in a few hours? :D
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

Poor Ted, and will they kill the tracker system?? :(
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

(An) On-screen parent(s) have been known to go to any means necessary to their child(ren). Bennett is definitely one of these individuals.

LOL @ Eric Roberts biting the dust.
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

EvaUnit02 wrote:LOL @ Eric Roberts biting the dust.
Yeah I actually wasn't expecting that, Damn that was brutal and pretty cool. Haha to Mr Linderman, but his power is he can mend broken things right, so I guess he isn't really dead then, as in theory he could mend himself
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

slasher13 wrote:l. Haha to Mr Linderman, but his power is he can mend broken things right, so I guess he isn't really dead then, as in theory he could mend himself
But I'd imagine that it'd be a bit hard to do with one's brain turned to mush. :P
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Nicely done last ep - events just seemed to rush together, with a real sense of urgency.
But (here we go), why did Nathan decide to take Peter up out of harm's way? I thought the plan was that if Peter couldn't control the explosion, Claire was meant to shoot him, stop the explosion that way and by being in proximity to him, he'd resurrect? I mean, I actually agreed with Peter dying if Sylar had to die, as they were equal and opposite, but as we learn at the end of the ep, Sylar's managed to sneak off.

"You look bad ass."
:D
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

I liked the finale. But more so the preview of the next season. So Hiro is gonna meet Kensei.

I agree though that Nathan's intention at the end of the episode was in vain as Claire could just have shot Peter.

Here is a list of the extras of the 28th of August released DVD boxset:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7340
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Oh wait... maybe Natahn took Peter into space, because he wants to make sure that no one is gonna die. Neither Peter, nor him. Because I have read a rumour about them not being dead (which if they were would really surprise me).
Last edited by thelostdragon on 24 May 2007, 00:28, edited 1 time in total.
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

That really needs editing, mate. :lol:
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

:D Soooo... is it true that Volume 2 is due for release in autumn?
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Nathan came back because he is essentially good and loves his brother. He wasn't going to abandon him. *sniff*

Overall, a bit of a letdown of a finale to what was a good TV season for Heroes. Personally, I wanted a higher hero death toll, and everything was a bit anticlimactic in the end. Oh well. Still a decent show, though. Bring on the next season, and let's hope that's George Takei behind the mask! :D
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
slasher13
Royal Tramp

Post by slasher13 »

I thought it was a bit of a letdown in the finale, it was good, but I wanted to see more of a fight, with Peter. Also Hiro just managed to kill Slyar with ease really, what was with the sword training when really, all he needed to do was charge.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Good episode.

I couldn't give a rats ass if Parkman lives or not, such an insipid character.
slasher13 wrote:Also Hiro just managed to kill Slyar with ease really, what was with the sword training when really, all he needed to do was charge.
Sylar escaped to sewers, cuz he is a sneaky Jew.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

So the part of Kensei will be played by the pommy evil spy dude from Alias? Ohhh-kayyy.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=21150
NBC's hit series "Heroes" has added six more! "Alias" alum David Anders, Barry Shabaka Henley, Holt McCallany, Japanese pop star and actress Eriko Tamura, Lyndsy Fonseca and Dianna Agron will all take on recurring roles.
Anders will play the most intriguing part, that of the ancient samurai warrior Takezo Kensei, Hiro Nakamura's (Masi Oka) childhood hero. While never seen during "Heroes'" first season, Kensei played a key part in the show's plot. Hiro spent most of the season trying to get ahold of Kensei's sword, which he hoped would help him in his quest to save the world.
In another Japanese connection, Tamura will play a Japanese princess.
Henley will play Detective Fuller, a New York police officer. McCallany will play Ricky, the ringleader of a group of Irish thugs.
Fonseca and Agron will play beautiful cheerleaders in Southern California, where Claire (Hayden Panettiere) is expected to move. Fonseca's character April is sweet, while Agron's Debbie is a mean girl.
The six join Nick d'Agosto, who recently landed a recurring role on "Heroes" next season, as well as Dania Ramirez, who was cast as a new regular.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Him a Japanese? Surely a mistake from ComingSoon.com's:
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/hh/1044403/ ... avid%20(I)
Last edited by thelostdragon on 25 Jun 2007, 13:27, edited 1 time in total.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Though NBC has not yet announced it, my Heroes moles tell me it's official: Anders has been given the much coveted series-regular role of Kane, a Sark-ish character who just so happens to be 1,000 years old, for the upcoming second season of Heroes. I'm told Anders starts work on the show on Monday.
Kring also revealed a few hints about Season 2, which resumed production on Monday. “Last season, we set up the idea that there was another generation that had ideas of their own,” he said, referring to the conspiracy between Angela Petrelli, Linderman, Kaito Nakamura and Charles Deveaux. “This season, what we’re going to talk about is the sins of the parents being visited upon the children.”

Other plot twists include solving Season 1’s “explosive” finale, Hiro’s time travel to feudal Japan, and the surviving heroes’ struggles to resume their regular lives. “How do you stay on the farm after you’ve gone out and had these amazing adventures?” asked Kring. “A lot of these stories are resetting at the beginning. We’re coming back to the touchstone of what it’s like to try and live normal lives, as opposed to the first season where the plot got so cranked up, that idea sort of fell by the wayside.”
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Sounds good to me actually.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

So is Anders playing Kensei? It'd be bizarre having a white guy playing a Japanese dude (Don't bring up those old "Chinese detective" movies or Breakfast at Tiffany's. Those were products of their time, not a valid argument here for contemporary films/shows.). Even more bizarre then say Highlander (Frenchmen playing a Scotsman, Scotsman playing an Egyptian).
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

LOL, then have a look at "Lawrence from Arabia".
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

thelostdragon wrote:LOL, then have a look at "Lawrence from Arabia".
Ah Alec Guiness. He rocks.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Heroes is showing on Wednesday on BBC 2 at 9pm starting with a double bill.
I'll probably watch it on BBC2 from now on, but I still havent seen the double bill (opening 2 eps) that I taped from the sci-fi channel.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Kevin Smith is directing one of the Origins eps.
http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/808/808969p1.html