Fist of Fury: Platinum Edition - Screenshots

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Regarding point 1 we're talking about the HKL not IVL DVD which has a Mandarin Mono track not from FS AFAIK. No one has reported the track to be faulty in anyway.

Regarding point 3 I completely agree but it's still worth mentioning.

Besides my recommendation to Mark was to get the Fox DVD not the HKL.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

bradavon wrote:I wasn't aware I was being a knob. I've only seen you moan about it. Many others on this forum bought said DVD and were happy with it.
Knobs then. :D
Mandarin Mono - which you moaned about for years, finally have and still aren't happy (a definite case of the Yi-long :D)
Not if the picture is needlessly arsed up.
A second disc of extras (NOT on the IVL or Fox DVDs)
An interview with Bruce's hairdresser? Who gives a fuck? AV is the main factor for me 9/10. Hence why I recently replaced my R4 Reservoir Dogs 2-disc set with the old Momentum single disc release.
Markgway wrote:I thought you liked all the Bruce Lee films? If you don't my bad ignore my comment.
Boss, Fist and Way. Yes, I'd like those. But GOD is mostly pants, I kept the HKL for the superb Revisited feature. Same with GOD II, it's shlocky pants, and is only English dubbed besides. I just realised that Enter isn't in the US set. I forgot. But £20+ for three films isn't that hot really. Not when you add in customs and shit. If Fox had released these seperately like they should none of this would be an issue.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Markgway wrote:An interview with Bruce's hairdresser? Who gives a fuck?
As if this was the only extra. :lol:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Mark what do you mean GOD II is only English dubbed? It has both Cantonese and English tracks on the HKL. HKL took the Cantonese "Tower of Death" print (but slapped the Game of Death 2" logo on the title card), didnt they? :)
Knetan
Hail the Judge!

Post by Knetan »

hey,

Fox and IVL versions presents the international cut that has the scenes HKL presents as extras edited in. No full Cantonese track for that one.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Knete, I got confused :)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:But £20+ for three films isn't that hot really. Not when you add in customs and shit. If Fox had released these seperately like they should none of this would be an issue.
Aren't they amarays in a box? If so trade the ones you don't like.

£20 for 3 films you can "finally" be happy about is decent enough value. That's £6.66 a DVD which is about what you'd pay anyway if they were separate, actually closer to £8-9.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yeah, but then you have customs and shit.

And also I'm still wondering about how HKL's Big Boss PE will turn out.

Apparently, the hopes for a director's cut have been dashed and HKL have failed again.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Markgway wrote:Apparently, the hopes for a director's cut have been dashed and HKL have failed again.
What's your source? So the extra footage does actually exist and Bey was wrong?

Regarding the box set I bet CD WOW can be convinced if you ask them to stock it.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:( Where did you find that out Mark?
The extra footage does exsist, some of it is in the Mandarin trailer. Bey is questioning whether the saw in the head scene exsists, no?
chenlung
King of Beggars

Post by chenlung »

Think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding...

http://adg.invisionzone.com/index.php?s ... 1139&st=40
Scott
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

grim_tales wrote::( Where did you find that out Mark?
The extra footage does exsist, some of it is in the Mandarin trailer. Bey is questioning whether the saw in the head scene exsists, no?
The extra footage did exist in the film at one point. As far as we can tell, no uncut print is in the hands of the DVD distributors. From what I gather, the saw scene was in the premiere cut - the HK press referred to it - but not in the print shown in London in 79. Maybe it was censored, perhaps the actual print was. Another example - the 35mm HK theatrical print of Hell's Windstaff owned by Eastern Heroes has had its finale hacked out crudely
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Markgway wrote:But GOD is mostly pants,
Mostly pants? Try totally pants. All the Sammo Hung fight chereography and Yuen Biao fight doubling in the world couldn't save that dreck.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

You GOD is crap, the HKL dvd at least had great extras and that 40 minutes of real footage is classy :) the film, really who cares for that piece of poo.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Oh come on, the last 20 minutes at least has merit, I also like the locker room fight with Bob Wall. But as you say overall the film is poor.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

EvaUnit02 wrote:Mostly pants? Try totally pants. All the Sammo Hung fight chereography and Yuen Biao fight doubling in the world couldn't save that dreck.
It was the fights that made me choose 'mostly' as the adjective of choice rather than 'totally' as Sammo's choreography, whilst not saving the film by any means, is never pants.
chenlung
King of Beggars

Post by chenlung »

"WAX!"

"Na-ha-a-a-a-a-a-a beauuuuuutiful baaaasteeeeeeeerd Na-ah-ah-ah!"
Scott
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Markgway wrote: Sammo's choreography, whilst not saving the film by any means, is never pants.
Never? I wouldnt say that :D He has made some poo fights.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Name some :D The locker room bit is one saving grace in GOD IMO, very good :)
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

The film is great. Not a masterpiece like the sequel but still very enjoyable.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I seriously doubt TBB: PE will be anything other than the same cut. The IVL and FOX DVDs are the same cut right?
chenlung
King of Beggars

Post by chenlung »

lol brad we kinda emphasized that already :wink: .
Scott
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

The lost/found 40 minutes fight is totally awesome. However, I prefer the version of John Little from his documentary "A Warrior's Journey". The music in it is the most suitable.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

thelostdragon wrote:The lost/found 40 minutes fight is totally awesome. However, I prefer the version of John Little from his documentary "A Warrior's Journey". The music in it is the most suitable.
Is it the exact same footage? or very similar as I cannot remember that documentary too much now off hand as it seems like ages since I last saw it.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

It's the same footage. The HKL looks better. The JL version is brighter though and has better music. When I wanna watch these 40 minutes of wonderful fight sequences, I always pop the JL documentary disc into my player.