The Exorcist

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Exorcist

Post by gasteropod »

What's that white facepaint pic? I can't remember seeing that in The Exorcist, it's been years though.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I'm sure it's from the Extended Cut, not the Theatrical cut as shown in that link. Has it been confirmed this has been colour tinkered with?

More info from the father website: http://www.techradar.com/news/home-cine ... ist-719097
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

You can see some comparison caps to old dvds here:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthre ... 151&page=5

The colors seem about right to me.

If that's the original cut featured here, and the audio is somewhat original too, I'll be thanking God five times and then again. Some years ago I tried to track down the original dvd, with no luck. Pristine BD or not, I'm just happy if I can finally own this film in its original form and with acceptable audio/video presentation.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

How can anyone forget the Pazuzu face inserts! :o They're in the theatrical edition when Father Karras is dreaming about his mother and during a couple of other moments involving Regan. Although I've not seen the Extended Cut I believe Friedkin superimposed more shots of the face into scenes for that version.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

There's definitely quite a few in the Extended Cut. On the DVD at least they look really out of place because the CGI was ropey (like Jabba in the 1997 version of A New Hope). Hopefully they've fixed them here, even if they'll still look jarring.

I don't remember them in theatrical cut but I may have only seen the "original" theatrical cut.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

They appear in the theatrical cut as subliminal frames.

I remember my friend telling me when I was a kid that his bootleg tape was possessed by that evil face and that it wasn't supposed to be there. :D

Don't expect original mono, Hung. Warners are bastards for that.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote:I remember my friend telling me when I was a kid that his bootleg tape was possessed by that evil face and that it wasn't supposed to be there. :D
Perhaps he had been freeze framing those shots too much, and the image burned into his screen :D
Markgway wrote:Don't expect original mono, Hung. Warners are bastards for that.
yeah, I'll just try to ignore that and hope that nothing really stupid is feeded for my years.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Warners included mono on their BD of A Nightmare on Elm Street, but that's only because of New Line. Thankfully they did because it's better than the remix, which sounds odd on headphones when you compare them.
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »