The Bourne Trilogy: US or UK BD?

Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Bourne Trilogy: US or UK BD?

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with you there - no one would pay $120 but IMO $65 is still too much.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Just go for the UK set then, which is ussually £15-£18 for all 3 (before vouchers and discounts etc..), no need to go for the stupid American prices.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I know its cheaper but as IM says, Identity and Supremacy have player generated subtitles :(
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

The cut down price is the real price. It's classic marketing, to make people think they've got a bargain. So many stores never actually sell goods at the original/rrp/marked up price. It's worthless.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:I know its cheaper but as IM says, Identity and Supremacy have player generated subtitles :(
you said in another thread today you had trouble following subs on Blood Brothers so why you are arsed about what type of subs are on the uk Bourne trilogy is beyond me ! i could understand it if you had to fiddle with the remote to get them on,like Taken but this just seems to be spending extra for the sake of it!
working class blu-ray fan
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Save so much cash for some slightly different subs, cash in your pocket I say.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Fair point, are the subs player generated for the foreign dialogue only or place names as well?
Ray_Rogers
Little White Dragon

Post by Ray_Rogers »

Looks like I've narrowed down my personal choice towards the USA Blu-ray then. Although I do quite like the UK covers. ;)
I'm back AGAIN.
Film grain is a good thing dammit! Say NO to DNR/EE!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Just waiting for IDENTITY (USA) to come down in price.

The £ is shit at the moment.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,
With the UK Bourne set, are they offering the:
US Theatrical Cuts
European Theatrical Cuts (eg for Identity)
or Extended Cut or a combination?

I'd like to know before I decide

:)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

USA Theatrical Cuts surely.

Isn't only Bourne Identity extended and then in only some European countries (like France). The extra scenes add nothing at all. Bourne Identity is the USA Theatrical Cut (in The UK anyway) and not that official extended edition with extra scenes at the start. As far as I'm aware Bourne Identity was released in longer form in France and then an official extended edition came later, via that pointless SE DVD.

Just in case you're not confused some of the HD-DVD (and I imagine blu-ray) covers for Bourne Identity use the SE DVD cover art but feature the original theatrical cut.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Thanks Brad :) I thought there was an extended Supremacy too as later on there was an edition with red cover art (like the extended Identity), I could be wrong though.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Play says this about that red version:

# This DVD edition contains the original-length feature plus: Bourne Ultimatum Trailer
# Alternative Beginning & Alternative Ending with introduction

I wouldn't be surprised if those scenes are also on the original DVD. Either way it's not an extended cut.

Actually I'm pretty sure that official extended edition Identity DVD was actually just the same theatrical cut with non-remastered scenes added to the start/end, they were optional. Basically it was just deleted scenes and marketing.

Here's info about the European cut (probably best word to call it and oddly not used in The UK/Ireland). It's the third paragraph:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0258463/alternateversions

The scene mentioned in the first paragraph has always been there. I've no idea where they got that info from and I'm guessing the second paragraph scene is on that Extended Edition (i.e - the SE DVD) I mentioned earlier. I've never heard of it before though.

There's no mention of "Alternate Cuts" for Bourne Supremacy or Bourne Ultimatum at IMDB. I think it's safe to say, buy the Bourne box set in America or The UK and you're getting the USA Theatrical cut Bourne Identity + Theatrical cuts (i.e - only cuts) for Supremacy/Ultimatum. Buy it in France (maybe other European countries too) and you get the European Theatrical cut Bourne Identity + Theatrical cuts (i.e - only cuts) for Supremacy/Ultimatum.