Scientology (Warning: Extreme Pictures Inside)

Debate (or Argue) About Anything and Everything
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

That sounds like fanatics to me and every religion sadly has those :(
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:That sounds like fanatics to me and every religion sadly has those :(
This isnt about religion, Grim. This is about theft, oppression, crimes against humanity, etc.

On the other hand, it IS about religion, cause if the palestinians would have been white christians instead of scary, dark-skinned, towelhead muslims, the western world would have been absolutely outraged about how Israel is treating these people.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

The innocent palestinians.

You lot talk as if its one sided hate and acts of evil. The are both scum.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

romerojpg wrote:The innocent palestinians.

You lot talk as if its one sided hate and acts of evil. The are both scum.
There's good and bad, innocent and evil, on both sides. That doesnt stop it being one side oppressor, and the other side the oppressed.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yes and thats why it will never end until every single person is dead over there, they will never stop killing each other in revenge, ever.
In 100 years time both sides will still be brainwashing the public on each side and murdering kids.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I can stop when Israel gets a goverment that doesnt treat the palestinians as filth, gives them their land back that's rightfully theirs, apologizes, and makes everyone in israel 'equal', regardless of race, religion, whatever.

Will that ever happen? I doubt it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

thelostdragon wrote:I remember clips on TV of US navy people and soldiers writing messages on their bombs and rockets as well. Maybe the Israeli kids leanrt from their elder American brothers?
You should know by now, they're no better. America is full of Religious nuts.

For christ sake though, did you need to post such images in a thread about Scientology? Post links next time, for fucks sake.
Yi-Long wrote:gives them their land back that's rightfully theirs
The flipside: You could say that about hundreds of groups of people.

Should all the Non-Native American leave America and give America back to the Native Americans? I'm not saying I disagree but rarely are things that simple.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

thelostdragon wrote:Imagine people coming to your house. They bomb your door open. They kill your neighbours and some family members. They throw you and your family out. They take your water, your food, your electricity etc. and in return they offer you to live in the doghouse right next to your house, making the space in it smaller every now and then.
You misunderstand me... I know why the Palestinian people are outraged at facing unjust oppression... with that I sympathise... The Israelis killed many Brits back in the day when setting up their terrorist state.

What I don't understand is why Hamas would set out to antoganise a government itching for an excuse to invade? If you know someone wants to beat the shit out of you it's probably not the best idea to prod at them with a pointy stick is it?

America has to take a large share of the blame since without them Israel would be completely isolated from the world.

You all know how I feel about terrorists on any side... it's the innocent people who just want to live a decent life I feel sorry for... and as usual it's they who suffer most.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah, the land was stolen by Israel when Israel was set up as an idependent state in 1948.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Things change, the UK was invaded and took over by the Romans, we forgot about it in time.

Maybe in 2000 years they wil stop murdering each other over there, but I doubt it.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

You don't catch us invading Italy :D.

Seriously that picture of Yi's is biased. The last time I checked Jews weren't a nationality. I see from 1949 to 2000 the Israel's took land previously owned by the Palestinian's (although it doesn't tell us how) but before that it is completely unclear. Jewish land tells you nothing.

I understand prior to 1947 things in the region were very different but that map doesn't say what nationality all the jews were? Palestinian presumably, if technically not emotionally (i.e - British are European but many would disagree).

I also suspect Lost Dragon is educated to discuss this subject everyone else only knows what they see on the news, read on the Internet or reed in books. In other words we really don't have a clue.

Both sides are far from blameless and to say one is some how better than the other is plain wrong.

Were the allies faultless just because we won both World Wars? No bloody way. We just happened to win. History is written by the winners.

Question: If what happened in 1947 was such a bad idea, what would have been a better idea to the problem the UN faced?
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I dont wanna be too hung up on who has the rights to what land, going centuries backa nd all that.

Simple facts are: Israel is abusing it's power against the palestinians, and obviously there will be resistance.

Pretty much every human-rights group has been condemning Israel for years now, with the IN calling it 'apartheid'. Also, Mark is wondering why Hamas is antagonizing Israel, but what about all the time that they behaved? Did Israel stop it's crimes? No.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yet America always reckons Israel does no wrong :D.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

bradavon wrote:Yet America always reckons Israel does no wrong :D.
The influence of jewish society on American politics and banking is immense. There's a very good documentary about it, but I've forgotten it's name.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Jews run the world along with rich Arab oil barons, I am sure I will get over it. being a Jew or a Uber Rich Arab oil baron does not mean they are evil.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I never said they were. I just say the special interest groups in America make it hard for a goverment and media to condemn certain things, when those people have so much influence to enforce 'THEIR TRUTH' upon the whole country.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well the average person in America or any other country who is not involved it this situation does not care much, its nothing to do with anyone but the fools fighting.
Look over in Africa, its 10 times worse than what is happening at the moment on our TV involving Jews etc.. You dont see Israel people playing football with babies heads!

As far as media marketing goes, Its the same with anything in any world, not just Jew media, the same goes for White media, Black media, Bible basing media, Rich media, Poor Media, Scientolgy media even etc.. etc.. they all change things to suit their role, or change it to better suit their goles.

Take this lovely Kids show from the wonderful world of loony mind washers. No wonder people want to kill each other on Both sides.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi-c6lbF ... r_embedded
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

I've updated the thread title to provide a warning against LD's pictures, just in case anyone is browsing while at work or anywhere public. (Or within sight of children)
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Thanks Shingster. No doubt Yi will have a comment about your over moderating :D.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:Also, Mark is wondering why Hamas is antagonizing Israel, but what about all the time that they behaved? Did Israel stop it's crimes? No.
When did Hamas behave? I must've missed that few seconds... Also Hamas has apparently now decreed all Jews around the world as viable targets for Muslim revenge. That sound like a peaceful mission statement to you? Hamas are murderous terrorist scum. I feel for the poor Palestinian people, but that's not the same as defending the bastards who hide behind them. What Israel is doing is totally wrong, but Hamas are guilty of provocation and using their people as a human shield. Hamas are an extremist political movement and don't give two shits about how many (of their "own") die because of their actions.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I agree, what Israel are doing is wrong, I care more about the innocent people on both sides than Hamas though. Even if Hamas is not an army, and just made up of "civilians", they often fight in the middle of places where civilians are likely to be, and use them as human shields. Every time Israel or moderate Plaestinians say they want peace, Hamas starts it up again, they were the ones firing rockets into Israel. I think the Israeli response is disproportionate, but they've been given ammunition to fight back against attacks. I'd defend myself if I was attacked.
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Article by Sara Dowse, a Jewish woman, for The Sydney Morning Herald.
http://www.smh.com.au/news/opinion/shoc ... ntentSwap1
It has taken me days to begin writing this, so horrified have I been by Israel's latest actions. My sense of justice, however - as a mother, a Jew, and above all as a human being - impels me to try.

The massacre in Gaza has its roots in virulent European anti-Semitism and the 1917 Balfour declaration, when the British government promised Zionists that Jewish people would have a homeland in Palestine if Britain was victorious in World War I.

The key word here is homeland, and it should be remembered that the promise was qualified by the condition that such a homeland would "not be to the detriment" of the Palestinians. The steady increase in Jewish immigration under the British mandate provoked riots and protests, but Palestinians were still in majority until, in the aftermath of the Holocaust, the Zionists unilaterally declared an Israeli state.

Despite the suffering of the Palestinians, whose land was taken from them, for many years the sympathy of the developed world was with Israel, refuge for the survivors of the Nazi slaughter of European Jews, and beleaguered by surrounding hostile Arab states.

With the 1967 occupation of the West Bank and Gaza, Israel could no longer be accepted as a victim. Yet it has continued to play on the sympathies of Western governments, most particularly the US, and Jews of the diaspora. In reality, Israel has been a colonising state, masquerading as the most democratic, most humane, most modern nation in the region. It has served the Western powers to have such a proxy in the Middle East, and most recently, under the Bush Administration and in concert with the Israelis, they have played a cynical game of divide and rule, encouraging the Israelis in their blind refusal to negotiate with Hamas, just as for years Israel refused to negotiate with the Palestine Liberation Organisation, the forerunners of Fatah, whom they now support.

Hamas is not a terrorist organisation, but the legitimate, democratically elected government of the Palestinian Authority. We may not like what it stands for, but that is no reason for sidelining it. Undermining that government by Israel and the West is but one of a string of cynical actions on their part.

The rationale that Hamas has refused to accept Israel's existence or to eschew violence is yet another example of how the truth has been twisted. What Hamas rejected was the continued, barbaric Israeli occupation of the West Bank, and the laying down of arms against an aggressive military occupation. I have heard with my own ears the Hamas Prime Minister, Ismail Haniyeh, say exactly that. Is he to be trusted? It would have been worth a try.

And who now would trust Israel?

So here we have it: a tough, technocratically savvy, nuclear power with the backing of the largest military power the world has known, bombing, then invading, a territory the size of a small city, with a population of 1.5 million, most of whom are civilians, to "defend our citizens".

The ceasefire was meant to lift the Israeli blockade on Gaza, but it didn't. It was meant to facilitate the release of Palestinian prisoners, many of whom were members of the elected Hamas Government, but it didn't.

Israeli planes raided southern Gaza in November. The Hamas rockets continued. Which side broke the ceasefire? Hamas may not be blameless, but the situation is far more complex than Israel claims. The fact that more than 600 people have died because in a couple of weeks the US will have a new government and next month Israel will have an election, is the most shocking form of cynicism the Palestinian people have yet faced.

Since the 2006 invasion of Lebanon I have undergone what for me, as a Jew, has been an agonising realignment of my feelings about Israel. I have come to believe that a specifically Jewish state has been a terrible mistake.

A homeland is different from a state. There have been examples throughout history and there are in our own time polities with mixed ethnic populations and official sanction for their living in harmony together. Australia is one.

I don't know how it will come about - I hope with as little bloodshed as possible - but I look forward to the distant day when the land becomes a multicultural country again, perhaps as a federation, perhaps in another form, but similar to what it was before it was destroyed with the poison of ethnic territorial nationalism.

Sara Dowse is an author who wrote Sapphires, a novel about three generations of Jewish women.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

The BBC has received more than 1,000 complaints about its coverage of the Gaza conflict – but they are evenly split between accusations of bias towards either the Israelis or the Palestinians.

The complaints and comment have been flooding in since the conflict reignited over the Christmas period, with most alleging that BBC News coverage favours one side over the other.

A source told Broadcast: "It's unprecedented. There are two very powerful lobby groups here and we've had over 1,000 complaints and comments which is huge – but so long as they are pretty evenly spread it is not a bad thing."
If claims of bias are split on either side, then the BBC coverage must have got it right in terms of balance and maybe there isnt much bias. War is a very difficult subject to cover, if some journalists won't let you report etc.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/2009 ... iddle.html
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Good article LD. Nothing new, but it's nice to see that criticisme doesnt just come from outside the jewish/western community, but also (more and more) from within.