Discuss High-Definition Technology & Releases
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Wow ! Paramount ditch Blu-Ray !

Post by saltysam »

bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Me neither. Pity as it just makes it longer before BD wins, which I'm confident it eventually will.

More reason for me to wait for the Samsung Combo Player, especially as it will now be only a few peanuts (£375).
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Annoyed as hell.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

If HD-DVD can get one or 2 more studios to go exclusive or at least neutral,it's got a great chance. The likes of the Indy series,Transformers,Shrek going hd-dvd exclusive is a massive shot in the arm for hd-dvd. anyway i predict no clear winner,both will be around for ages.
working class blu-ray fan
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

saltysam wrote:If HD-DVD can get one or 2 more studios to go exclusive or at least neutral,it's got a great chance.
Woah, no shit! And hey, if Blu-ray could get Universal (and now fucking Paramount) to go BD exclusive, erm, they'd win!
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

gasteropod wrote:
saltysam wrote:If HD-DVD can get one or 2 more studios to go exclusive or at least neutral,it's got a great chance.
Woah, no shit! And hey, if Blu-ray could get Universal (and now fucking Paramount) to go BD exclusive, erm, they'd win!
you sound a little bitter there,you need to calm down. didn't hear the BD fanboys whinging about the likes of fox being exclusive but when paramount do it they bitch like hell.buy a combo player.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Hahaha its just so funny, many Blu Ray forums have had to ban many members for outbursts :D some forums have even went down :mrgreen:

I say its a good thing myself, will force them to battle harder and get prices lower.

as long as I can get Transfoprmers HD I am happy :D and Bourne, and most the Spielberg films, I could go on and on :D
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

saltysam wrote:you sound a little bitter there,you need to calm down. didn't hear the BD fanboys whinging about the likes of fox being exclusive but when paramount do it they bitch like hell.buy a combo player.
Why would BD fanboys whinge that Fox is BD exclusive? That clearly makes no sense. I was just showing how pointless your statement was.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

gasteropod wrote:
saltysam wrote:you sound a little bitter there,you need to calm down. didn't hear the BD fanboys whinging about the likes of fox being exclusive but when paramount do it they bitch like hell.buy a combo player.
Why would BD fanboys whinge that Fox is BD exclusive? That clearly makes no sense. I was just showing how pointless your statement was.
if you say so :lol: Great news for the HD-DVD camp anyway :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

:D
captainjoe
King of Beggars

Post by captainjoe »

That's weird. Maybe that's why we haven't seen as many paramount and dreamworks HD releases. It doesn't matter to me because I'm format neutral but if I was BD only I'd be pissed off.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I'm not in either camp (yet?) so tbh I dont really give a shit (yet?).

What I do care about though, is the boxes. Why do both BD and HDDVD have to come in horrofic packaging!? I hate them. It looks horrible. No matter if it's BD or HD (one comes in cheap blue, one comes in ugly red), it just looks awfull.

Anyway... one day I'll probably own a PS3 and I will have BD... and one day I might also have a HD player. It will be a while though. I'm not really in a hurry to upgrade.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

Ugh, things were just fine before this - you could buy BD and forget about it because Universal would relent eventually. Now we have this messed up format war again. At this stage Paramount/Dreamworks are only fuelling the confusion, if there were planning this it should have been done months ago.
captainjoe
King of Beggars

Post by captainjoe »

Seems that even the ones that were announced for Blu-ray are being cancelled:

http://www.dvdtown.com/news/announced-p ... eased/4678
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Shame thanks CJ. Bugger that means we'll have to pay extra for the 2 disc HD-DVD for Face/Off. I wanted the Blu-ray on that one.

I still say it's a serious concern that THE only HD-DVD hardware is one standalone maker (Toshiba) and the 360 HD-DVD addon. That's pathetic. At least BD has loads of hardware guys behind it. One hardware maker (360 addon aside) is a joke!
Yi-Long wrote:What I do care about though, is the boxes. Why do both BD and HDDVD have to come in horrofic packaging!? I hate them. It looks horrible. No matter if it's BD or HD (one comes in cheap blue, one comes in ugly red), it just looks awfull.
That's your biggest gripe? I agree the colours are silly (give me black) but really they're no different than DVD cases.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Post by Lourdes »

Yes I saw that, but fuck Bay. I like the Spielberg exemption more, he's very involved with the BD releases of his films.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Ironic how Bay doesn't bat an eyelid at The Rock, Armageddon, Pearl Harbour or Bad Boys 1&2 being BRD exclusive.
tom2681
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by tom2681 »

@Brad:
Please stop spreading the "Samsung combo = £375" info. :)
Samsung have clearly stated that it was inaccurate.
The real price will be closer to £800 at best.
I used to be "the man who loves the movies you hate".
Now I'm just "that weird french guy with a cat avatar who comes to BnB once a year for no reason and then disappears again".
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Its another in a LOOONG line of pathetic new amazing reports from the Blu Ray camp, they do make up some classy shit as "Facts" some whoppers online today and yesterday, bad loosers or what :lol:
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

Not only are they not 'loosers', but they're not 'losers' either. How are they losing?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

gasteropod wrote:Not only are they not 'loosers', but they're not 'losers' either. How are they losing?
you don't seem to like hd-dvd much do you :lol:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:Shame thanks CJ. Bugger that means we'll have to pay extra for the 2 disc HD-DVD for Face/Off. I wanted the Blu-ray on that one.

I still say it's a serious concern that THE only HD-DVD hardware is one standalone maker (Toshiba) and the 360 HD-DVD addon. That's pathetic. At least BD has loads of hardware guys behind it. One hardware maker (360 addon aside) is a joke!
Yi-Long wrote:What I do care about though, is the boxes. Why do both BD and HDDVD have to come in horrofic packaging!? I hate them. It looks horrible. No matter if it's BD or HD (one comes in cheap blue, one comes in ugly red), it just looks awfull.
That's your biggest gripe? I agree the colours are silly (give me black) but really they're no different than DVD cases.
i wouldn't say there is exactly 100's of blu-ray players rolling off the production line :lol: ps3 has "blu" them away with it's price :P (sorry couldn't resist)