KAREshi KANOjo no Jijyou - R1 v R3K

Film Reviews and Release Comparisons
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

KAREshi KANOjo no Jijyou - R1 v R3K

Unread post by EvaUnit02 » 01 Aug 2007, 13:11

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijyou aka Kare Kano aka His and Her Circumstances - R1 vs. R3K

First seven caps are from episode 1, last four are from ep. 19 (the infamous cardboard cut-out episode).

R3K has the fully uncut ep. 18, R1 is cut. Both sets are interlaced. R3K is highly likely a R2J direct port.

R1 Top, R3K Bottom

Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Unread post by Lourdes » 02 Aug 2007, 09:37

Thanks, I'm ordering the 12-disc set today, not that I needed to see this but for some reason I still held off. Just pondering what other Korean releases I want. Definitely getting My Secret Cache and I'm also tempted to get Dead Leaves and Ping Pong Club which both smell like ports to me.
Is it you that likes Boogiepop? I noticed that there's a Korean box that is a probably port, one less disc than the Japanese releases but still a high disc count (5) and Japanese subs.

EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by EvaUnit02 » 02 Aug 2007, 10:36

Lourdes wrote:Is it you that likes Boogiepop? I noticed that there's a Korean box that is a probably port, one less disc than the Japanese releases but still a high disc count (5) and Japanese subs.
Boogiepop Phantom is a superb series, on a literary and technical level (visuals and sonics).

What's motivating you to buy the Korean set? I can't find any real faults with the R1 set, other than it being interlaced. The deficiences would be hard to spot thanks to the intentional oversaturated/faded look of the 90% of the series.

I'm currently reading the prequel novel, it has the fractured Rashomon-esque narrative told from different 1st person perspectives.

Lourdes
Royal Tramp

Unread post by Lourdes » 02 Aug 2007, 19:59

I've still only seen a couple of Boogiepop eps. Might try to finish it next week, messed up my knees so no more cycling for a while.

Korean set looks better and it's cheaper.