Gege (aka Milk White) - Japanese R2 review

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Gege (aka Milk White) - Japanese R2 review

Post by BiscLimpkit »

[url=http://www.dvddebate.com/modules.php?na ... =0&thold=0]click![/url]

I gotta thank TCage for this one, as he told me about this movie. Here's the summary:

[quote]
Milk White is a delightful little drama from Japan that is neither forceful nor explicit in winning the viewer’s affection. In contrast, the story educates us to truly open our eyes and be grateful of the joys surrounding us. The underlying message is that we do not need to go blind in order to fully appreciate our vision. Considering that so many people are immune to the world’s finer details, the only tragedy is that the person who has to face the misfortune of going blind is such a pleasant and honest character.

The cinematography is excellent, capturing every scene perfectly and showcasing the beautiful environment of Nagasaki. Along with absorbing performances from Osawa and Ishida, Milk White comes highly recommended. Great care has been given to the presentation of the DVD but only the Japanese can truly benefit from it. For the rest of us however, the film is more than enough to warrant a purchase.
[/quote]

Basically, the movie is unbelieably fantastic and I would urge everyone to check it out. It's an extremely sensitive storyline which is far more realistic and moving than many of the OTT melodramas around. I personally found Gege to be remarkably moving...:love:
Wolf
Jade Tiger

Post by Wolf »

Is there a cheaper version of this film available?
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

Not that I know of but I will try and look out for something.

It's a shame no one's rushing out to distribute this... :wacko:

Gege deserves more recognition and love.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I think the fact its not got fighting and action in it and new super CGI means overseas companies wont go near it :)
Wolf
Jade Tiger

Post by Wolf »

Bisc how bad is the chrome noise on the DVD? What I mean is it somthing an average viewer would miss and only a technical AV geek would spot?
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

It's perfectly watchable... I'm not that anal about video transfers but it's my job as a reviewer to point these out and grade the transer accordingly.

Seriously this is one of the better recent Japanese dramas and it'd be a shame to not see it. You could sell some stuff in your collection to balance everything out. :P