Its not set in the 80's, so thats not a good response :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Is it set in 2006?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yup the trailer has stuff that doesnt look 80's thats for sure, never heard a word about it being based in the 80's from anyone involved so it looks to be a 2006 set film. Hell the soundtrack isnt 80's thats for sure :D
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

So its not Miami Vice then is it? :D Maybe its just a homage.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

I guess Mann knows the score :D fingers crossed the films good and not ful of cameos and in jokes about the series.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Colin Farrell has a mullet in the new film; sounds 80's to me.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

But I think Romero is saying the film is not set in the 80's so why give them 80's haircuts. But Romero's "Colin Farrell looks like he has a big rat on his head" made me smile :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Hey I still dont think Farrel can hold a film together myself and Foxx too isnt a star for me, they both just look odd and Foxx esspecially can look vert plastic looking at times and unreal. Together they may work mind you, but we will see.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

There aren't many actors today who are charismatic. That's just the way it is.
brooce-leroy
Royal Tramp

Post by brooce-leroy »

romero, shut up. It looks amazing to me. ;)
"We do not train to be merciful. Mercy is for the weak. A man confronts you, he is the enemy. The enemy deserves no mercy."
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

brooce-leroy wrote:romero, shut up. It looks amazing to me. ;)
No :D
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

I've yet to see a bad Michael Mann film, so I'm confident about it, and I'm looking forward to it :)
the68monkey
Royal Tramp

Post by the68monkey »

Markgway wrote:There aren't many actors today who are charismatic. That's just the way it is.
Oh that's simply not true, Mr. Glass Half Empty. :P

Johnny Depp
John Travolta
Chow Yun Fat

just to name the first ones that pop into my head.
My favorite Hong Kong screen villain? www.yuenwah.com
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

the68monkey wrote:John Travolta
He's an awful actor, but yes he is likeable (not by me though).
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

the68monkey wrote:Oh that's simply not true, Mr. Glass Half Empty. :P

Johnny Depp
John Travolta
Chow Yun Fat

just to name the first ones that pop into my head.
You only managed to name three - none of whom started their career within the last 15 years. And I did say "aren't many" not "none". :wink:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Travolta isnt exactly someone I think of when the word 'charismatic' is uttered. Then again, he also isnt really someone I think of when the word 'actor' is uttered. I despise the guy. Cant stand him. Horrible actor, and according to some a bit of a dickhead in real life as well...

(western) Actors I find charismatic are Jude Law, Depp, Ray Liotta, Ryan Reynolds, Jim Carrey, and a whole bunch of others...

I dont like Collin Farrel that much either, but then again that opion is based mostly on the stuff I've read about him, instead of the movie's he's been in, cause i've not seen many of his movies. But he hasnt been getting outstanding reviews, has he? There's a lot of hype around the guy, but it's mostly because of his bad boy rep.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Actors I find charismatic are Jude Law, Depp, Ray Liotta, Ryan Reynolds, Jim Carrey, and a whole bunch of others...
Are you taking the piss??
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Nope. he's been in shite movies, but he's pretty charismatic. He was great in that TV sitcom he did. 2 guys and a girl...
thelostdragon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by thelostdragon »

Charismatic actors that come to my mind right away:

Jackie Chan
Chow Yun-fat
Francis Ng
Tom Cruise (yes, for real)
Sylvester Stallone
Joe Mantegna
Jean Reno
Sean Connery
Samuel L. Jackson
Ken Watanabe
Michael J. Fox
Kurgan
Royal Tramp

Post by Kurgan »

Yi-Long wrote:Travolta isnt exactly someone I think of when the word 'charismatic' is uttered. Then again, he also isnt really someone I think of when the word 'actor' is uttered. I despise the guy. Cant stand him. Horrible actor, and according to some a bit of a dickhead in real life as well...
I'm actually with Bobbi on this one. He has played some great roles, not least his Troy/Archer roles in Face/Off and Vic Deakins in Broken Arrow. But his Chili Palmer in Get Shorty is excellent too, and obviously his '70s roles as well.
Yi-Long wrote:(western) Actors I find charismatic are Jude Law, Depp, Ray Liotta, Ryan Reynolds, Jim Carrey, and a whole bunch of others...
And I'm with Mark on this one: Ryan fucking Reynolds?! :D Now, if you'd said Nathan Fillion (who's in the same show) I could've understood it, cos he's got a very Harrison Ford vibe about him... but Reynolds?

Couple of dodgy ones on LD's list there (Sly?!) but can't argue with most of 'em.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Kurgan wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Travolta isnt exactly someone I think of when the word 'charismatic' is uttered. Then again, he also isnt really someone I think of when the word 'actor' is uttered. I despise the guy. Cant stand him. Horrible actor, and according to some a bit of a dickhead in real life as well...
I'm actually with Bobbi on this one. He has played some great roles, not least his Troy/Archer roles in Face/Off and Vic Deakins in Broken Arrow. But his Chili Palmer in Get Shorty is excellent too, and obviously his '70s roles as well.
I didnt like both Broken Arrow and Face Off. he was way over the top and over-acting in both...
He was cool as Chilli Palmer, but that's mainly because Chilli is a well written 2-dimensional comicbook character that's larger then life. Travolta's over-acting actually worked for that part, but at the same time the role isnt stretching any acting-muscles, issit?

Yi-Long wrote:(western) Actors I find charismatic are Jude Law, Depp, Ray Liotta, Ryan Reynolds, Jim Carrey, and a whole bunch of others...
And I'm with Mark on this one: Ryan fucking Reynolds?! :D Now, if you'd said Nathan Fillion (who's in the same show) I could've understood it, cos he's got a very Harrison Ford vibe about him... but Reynolds?

Couple of dodgy ones on LD's list there (Sly?!) but can't argue with most of 'em.
Reynolds just stole that show. he was magnificent in it and drop dead funny. he has a perfect delivery and comic timing, as well as the cheek and charisma to pull of certain looks and jokes. he has great facial expression which are still natural.
Like I said, it's a shame he's picked his movie projects so badly as he's a gifted performer.
BiscLimpkit
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by BiscLimpkit »

You guys may or may not be interested but I love the teaser so much, I've got it playing on loop.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

:lol:

The ONLY good thing about the trailer is that it doesnt ruin the plot, thats it for me.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

It's rated '15' for strong violence and langauge.

So no kiddie flick this. :D
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Well the way Mann was talking it up it was suposed to be a hardcore flick, 15 isnt hardcore I guess he hasnt went that far at all.

Still at least I wont have to suffer another 12A rated film!!!!!!!! the audience for them eats ass and sucks balls! bunch of wankers! :roll: