Bey Logan in trouble

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Bey Logan in trouble

Post by Killer Meteor »

bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Bey Logan in trouble

Post by grim_tales »

:o
Really hope this isnt true :( The allegations look pretty nasty and shatters the way I saw Bey. All of us heard his commentaries on HKL's DVDs over the years. I even bought his HK Action Cinema book.
If he did do those things, thats awful, and it sounds like he's basically admitting to some of them - "Trying to do" something someone doesnt want you to do is still wrong.
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Post by Marshall »

I kind of had him pegged as a perv. Takes one to know one, I guess.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Very surprised (and disappointed) to hear about this.
Bey's denial is less convincing that one would have wished (along the lines of 'I'm a bit of a player and would've if I could've...').
Thus, he admits something happened... but as to the extent, the details remain 'he said, she said', and it's not our place to judge what we don't know.
Bey is someone I've had significant respect for since the early 90s, when I got into HK cinema, and he was one of the few championing it in the UK.
I've even had brief e-mail contact with him in the past.
I hope he can make this 'scandal' right for himself and his alleged victims.

P.S. If a film role requires an actress to be frequently nude, it's a given that any director would want to see her nude during the audition process. Just as you wouldn't cast a martial arts lead without seeing if he can throw a punch. Perhaps he went about it the wrong way, but it's not out of the ordinary.

EDIT: The original Chinese article offers more detail and publishes Bey's letter.

https://www.hk01.com/港聞/140564/-影圈-MeTo ... 吻-7女指控外籍監製
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I agree with Mark, very disappointed to hear this :(
As for an actress' nude role, I can see what youre saying but it seems very harsh to keep on checking her weight if the article is correct. Would the same be done with male martial arts actors? Someone like Sammo was er, rotund but could definitely fight and throw a punch, and much else.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Checking an actress' weight is excessive and unkind, unless she's visibly put on the pounds, which at the least could cause continuity problems. One would assume most actresses are professional enough not to let that happen.

I don't think Sammo, on the other hand, was ever cast for his svelte appearance and sex appeal. ;)
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

If you allow me to repeat my comment from another board...

...I guess Bey can now start doing commentaries for the Groper Train films.

Sad to hear about this. I have fond memories of listening to his HKL commentaries. He had the knowledge and the delivery in one package.

Undressing at an audition, that seems fair, but I assume there's been something more going on? In any case, it's the kind of situation you have to handle with great care, make sure actresses know in advance what's expected of them, and try not to abuse your power.
Richardrli
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by Richardrli »

I was never for one minute naive enough to think that he was a perfect person. I always suspected (knew?) that he had a strong fetish for East Asian women, and the actions now attributed to him in these allegations were certainly not beyond what someone in his position was capable of doing. All that said, I have gained as much knowledge of HK cinema as I do now primarily because of him, his audio commentaries on the HKL DVDs and elsewhere were always packed chock full of information and insight. I like him for that, no more and no less. Now it seems that we've heard the last of him and unless a miracle happens no further commentaries would be coming. I'm even slightly concerned that already released DVD/BD would now have his commentaries deleted in retrospect in light of the current situation. I'm curious as to how 88 Films would now compensate for this whole mess with their continued Asia Line.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

I got a request off Bey today asking to join my Facebook Big Boss group.
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Did you grant it?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote: 05 Sep 2018, 18:58 Did you grant it?
yes i did.
working class blu-ray fan