Creed

Cinema Releases, and Rumours/Discussion of Upcoming Films
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Creed

Post by saltysam »

Latest in the Rocky series has amazingly possibly produced a very good film if this review is reliable http://www.blu-ray.com/Creed/418962/#Preview
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: Creed

Post by Markgway »

I grew up with the Rocky movies but after Part V lost touch.
Balboa was OK, but really Parts III and IV are the only ones I go back to.
Can't drum up much enthusiasm for Creed, which I think will be a boxing drama that the Rocky character just happens to be in. The fact that Stallone is second billed on the poster says it all. Maybe it will be good, but I tend to feel they should've let the character retire a lot time ago.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Creed looks very good to me, even from the first trailer. I also feel having Rocky only there in a secondary role was the right way to go. It's called Creed, it's about the new kid, and this origin-story looks like it could be as strong as the first Rocky.

If you're expecting a Rocky movie, I'm sure you'll be a bit disappointed. If you're expecting a strong new Boxing-drama, and having Rocky in the background is just a nice extra, I think you'll find a good movie.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Perhaps... I'll give it a chance though. It deserves that at the very least. I always give Stallone the benefit of the doubt (I even sat thru Grudge Match).
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Took a solid 42 million in the USA on it's opening weekend (film cost $35 million) getting pretty universal positive reviews and awards buzz for Stallone.looking forward to seeing this now.
working class blu-ray fan
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

It certainly seems to have captured the crowd, which I'm pleased about. Always rooting for the old guys...