The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam »

i got my set from them-you don't have to ask them,they do it automatically. i'm hearing the site's running very slow at the moment though.
working class blu-ray fan
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Cheers, I didnt know that :) So I guess I dont need to write anything in the "Remarks" box when placing order then :)
Yeah, it seems to be taking ages to load pages...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Been keeping track of watched movies this year with icheckmovies and i'm pleased to see i've managed 104 so far,which is probably not far from last year's entire total.Still in the process of reducing my collection which in a way gives me more opportunity to watch stuff i haven't seen.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

saltysam wrote:Been keeping track of watched movies this year with icheckmovies and i'm pleased to see i've managed 104 so far,which is probably not far from last year's entire total.Still in the process of reducing my collection which in a way gives me more opportunity to watch stuff i haven't seen.
What is your link and/or user name? Here is me: https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/m ... inchpunch/
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:
saltysam wrote:Been keeping track of watched movies this year with icheckmovies and i'm pleased to see i've managed 104 so far,which is probably not far from last year's entire total.Still in the process of reducing my collection which in a way gives me more opportunity to watch stuff i haven't seen.
What is your link and/or user name? Here is me: https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/m ... inchpunch/
it's here-not done anything on there yet apart from keeping track of what i've watched.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/saltysam8/
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

i'm definitely not one for fancy packaging (i recently sold my Prisoner LE Set to get the slimmed down version) but got to say this is very,very, cool. :)

http://www.empik.com/nakatomi-plaza-szk ... 537,film-p
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

saltysam wrote:
Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:
it's here-not done anything on there yet apart from keeping track of what i've watched.

https://www.icheckmovies.com/profiles/saltysam8/
Thanks. I use the site quite a lot. Main purpose to keep track of what I have seen (I used to use an another site as well listsofbests but that is gone now) and secondary use is to see different lists and work on those.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I need to make a presentation about English literature (don't ask) next week. Gotta resist the temptation to include this:

grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote:I need to make a presentation about English literature (don't ask) next week.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Film4's BEVERLY HILLS COP Promo Is Brilliant
http://twitchfilm.com/2015/06/film4s-be ... liant.html
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

:D That made me laugh, thanks! :)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I keep seeing the TV ad for the Keanu Reeves movie 'Knock Knock'
Isnt it kind of an unofficial remake of Death Game (1977) with Colleen Camp? The plot sounds very similar anyway
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

It is yeah. I've only seen Death Game via one of the worst dvds you'll ever see so it was hard to judge,but i found it interesting and Colleen Camp & Sondra Locke were very believable psychos.it's been a little seen film down the yeear,surprising as i even remember it getting a uk cinema release and seeing the ads on tv.
Tenchu1998
Jade Tiger

Post by Tenchu1998 »

HungFist wrote:I need to make a presentation about English literature (don't ask) next week. Gotta resist the temptation to include this:

College sucks! Fuck education! What do you need all that crap for? People have been doing alright without it for thousands of years...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Only in a country crazy for cinema double bills back in the 70's could Enter The Dragon play as the 2nd half of a pairing with one of Bruce Li's worst :lol:

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

:lol:

I'd go see that but I'd make sure to save EtD for last.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

So now I know everything about William Shakespeare, William Wordsworth, William Blake, William Carlos Williams, Adrienne Rich, and John Keats. Including that most great poets are called William for some reason. And I have translated half of their poems into shitty Japanese.

Sometimes life takes you to very unexpected places...

Might be time to check out the early Sion Sono films again now that I understand something about poetry.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

No idea if Slasher and LostDragon are still around at all, but I wanted to say Happy Eid :D
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

wow look at this week's usa box office...the movie at the bottom....$18 dollar take from 18 screens :o it stars Al Pacino :lol:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:wow look at this week's usa box office...the movie at the bottom....$18 dollar take from 18 screens :o it stars Al Pacino :lol:
I guess Al went twice? :P
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Christophe Gans,who bought some things off me a few years back,has just bought two of my items on ebay :rock:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:Christophe Gans,who bought some things off me a few years back,has just bought two of my items on ebay :rock:
What?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

What as in What? Blunt ftw
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

saltysam wrote:Christophe Gans,who bought some things off me a few years back,has just bought two of my items on ebay :rock:
Cool :cool:
What did he buy?