I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

HungFist wrote:
Mo wrote:Who are the other people to be banned in recent years on KFC? Dragonsword and wuxiafan are all I can think of. Why did they get banned? Other than a few user names from Daigoro that seem to have been banned, are there any I'm forgetting?
If you look at some of the old threads, all posters in them are banned :lol:
There have been a couple of bans where the mod did a wipe out of the individual (all posts, all messages etc... -- scorched Earth policy) I had one individual message me stating that he was fed up and going to complain and the next day all my messages from him were gone, his posts were gone too -- no guest posts.)
Beat TG
Pedicab Driver

Post by Beat TG »

Mo wrote:You should have seen me on the stunt people site. Beat TG remembers. I was so mad, and then when I got banned, I really lost it. I actually got so mad that I somehow managed to force myself back on the forum. It has to be one of the biggest blow ups in internet history.

But no worries these days. I just come on forums now to learn and to be entertained.
All this time I thought you was someone else from KFC, good to see you here Morgoth. And yeah, I remember that time and looking back I wholeheartedly regret the incident that were the result of me getting you mad. It's all good now as I've learned to respect opinions and openly discuss to teach as well as to be taught by others.
Last edited by Beat TG on 22 Aug 2014, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

It's great that we're all getting along so well now.

Next time anyone feels like their blood pressure is rising...

Remember this...

grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Sometimes occasionally I can feel a fucking angry person in real life, but it kinda bubbles under the surface. I feel angry yet I dont want to make a scene even though some people can be assholes.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

grim_tales wrote:Sometimes occasionally I can feel a fucking angry person in real life, but it kinda bubbles under the surface. I feel angry yet I dont want to make a scene even though some people can be assholes.
Actually it is usually best to not do anything because things can escalate. Best to avoid it because it can cause so many different issues later on (jail, being sued etc...). I do have a temper (has nothing to do with being Irish :); funny thing is that one can fight better when one is not blitzed with rage), but unless there is a good reason to do a confrontation (preventing someone from being hurt or other important reason) take the high road and use a Zen-like calmness to avert the situation.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

grim_tales wrote:Sometimes occasionally I can feel a fucking angry person in real life, but it kinda bubbles under the surface. I feel angry yet I dont want to make a scene even though some people can be assholes.
Everyone gets angry from time to time, Grim. Especially in real life. That's normal :)

Online, I never get angry in discussions. Sometimes a bit irritated by stupidity from those you're having a discussion with, but I've always been pretty goddamn civil.
Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:
Actually it is usually best to not do anything because things can escalate. Best to avoid it because it can cause so many different issues later on (jail, being sued etc...). I do have a temper (has nothing to do with being Irish :); funny thing is that one can fight better when one is not blitzed with rage), but unless there is a good reason to do a confrontation (preventing someone from being hurt or other important reason) take the high road and use a Zen-like calmness to avert the situation.
I usually go pretty fucking quiet when I'm getting extremely annoyed or someone's in my face. Someone cutting in line, or assholes being assholes or whatever. Usually people also quickly back off once they see me like that. At KFC in Utrecht some tourists cut in line, and I tapped them on the shoulder, and they immediately moved to the back of the line. My girlfriend said I had a look on my face as if I was about to kill the both of them... :D

It's been a long time since I've been in fights, but the last couple of fights I was pretty calm and collected. I'm not sure how I would do nowadays, cause like I said, it's been quite a while. I assume it also depends on the situation, and if you're feeling OK, if you're scared, if you've got someone with you who could get hurt, etc etc. Luckily, I don't get into trouble that much.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:I usually go pretty fucking quiet when I'm getting extremely annoyed or someone's in my face. Someone cutting in line, or assholes being assholes or whatever. Usually people also quickly back off once they see me like that. At KFC in Utrecht some tourists cut in line, and I tapped them on the shoulder, and they immediately moved to the back of the line. My girlfriend said I had a look on my face as if I was about to kill the both of them... :D

An asshole cuts into the queue.

Yi-Long: I say, excuse me... you just cut into the line.

Asshole: So??

Yi-Long: Would you mind terribly popping to he back of the queue like a good chap?

Asshole: Fuck off!

Yi-Long grabs a half-eaten drumstick from the counter and stabs it repeatedly into the asshole's throat.

Yi-Long: I said, get to the back of the fucking line, motherfucker!

Bystander: Finger lickin' good?
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

I've said it before but the role of moderator definitely attracts a certain type of person who gets off on the faux power the role provides - just look at the mods on this forum! Right pair of pricks! :icon_suspect:

Seriously though I think it's absolutely insane in this day and age to be banning members permanently for anything other than consistent, obnoxious trolling and/or spamming. There's so little discussion on Asian cinema out there as it is (live action anyway), and when it's old-school members, who may or may not be annoyingly argumentative or provocative at times but are loyal and active and bring a lot of valuable knowledge to the boards, then it's downright reckless IMO. Heck I'd gladly see this site return to its glory days of the early noughties even if it meant a return for Grandmaster level agitators like Gil (and no-one argued more with him than me back in the day)! :D

On the topic of internet meltdowns the greatest I've ever witnessed has to be Jeroen back at the AsianDVDGuide. Can't remember what set him off or if there even was any visible indication or angry rant at all, but one day he simply went through the thousands and thousands of posts he'd made over the years and wiped the text in every single one! Don't think you could actually delete the posts back at the AsianDVDGuide so it must have taken him hours to wipe that lot! :o
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:I usually go pretty fucking quiet when I'm getting extremely annoyed or someone's in my face. Someone cutting in line, or assholes being assholes or whatever. Usually people also quickly back off once they see me like that. At KFC in Utrecht some tourists cut in line, and I tapped them on the shoulder, and they immediately moved to the back of the line. My girlfriend said I had a look on my face as if I was about to kill the both of them... :D

An asshole cuts into the queue.

Yi-Long: I say, excuse me... you just cut into the line.

Asshole: So??

Yi-Long: Would you mind terribly popping to he back of the queue like a good chap?

Asshole: Fuck off!

Yi-Long grabs a half-eaten drumstick from the counter and stabs it repeatedly into the asshole's throat.

Yi-Long: I said, get to the back of the fucking line, motherfucker!

Bystander: Finger lickin' good?
Luckily, it didn't have to come to that. :icon_suspect: Also, if there are half-eaten drum-sticks lying around on the counter of the restaurant, I'd probably have my doubts about the hygiene at that place. Gawd knows I want my fastfood clean and healthy(!) ;)

It pretty much went like this: Long line on the left behind 1 counter which was open. 2 tourists walk in, walk forward to check out the board, 2nd counter opens, and they go: Oh hey, we can immediately order. Think again, mofos. I tap one of them on the shoulder, guy turns around, looks at my face, and immediately they understand their mistake and get the fuck to the back of the line, apologising profusely :D , while my girlfriend is holding my arm whispering: "Holy fuck, you looked like you were going to kill them.... ", which I think was the first time she's ever seen me get annoyed like that. :evil:
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Shingster wrote:...On the topic of internet meltdowns the greatest I've ever witnessed ...
I was a mod on criterionforum.com part II we had broke off a former criterion site when the owners stopped fullfilling the orders. So several of us got together and created another site with one person who had set-up (we later found out illegally) a site. A couple of months into it as we had copied over thousands of posts from the old site and reestablished lots of other subforums etc... along with new conversation, the admin got into an argument with several about legalizing drugs. He got so angry he posted a picture of a nuclear bomb on the main site and then wiped out the site for good. Needless to say we banned him for criterionforums.com part III.
Last edited by Masterofoneinchpunch on 23 Aug 2014, 00:59, edited 1 time in total.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:I was a mod on criterionforum.com part II we had broke off a former criterion site when the owners stopped fullfilling the orders. So several of us got together and created another site with one person who had set-up (we later found out illegally) a site. A couple of months into it as we had copied over thousands of posts from the old site and reestablished lots of other subforums etc... along with new conversation, the admin got into an argument with several about legalizing drugs. He got so angry he posted a picture of a nuculear bomb on the main site and then wiped out the site for good. Needless to say we banned him for criterionforums.com part III.
I think that one's going to be hard to top! :D
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Shingster wrote:Heck I'd gladly see this site return to its glory days of the early noughties even if it meant a return for Grandmaster level agitators like Gil (and no-one argued more with him than me back in the day)! :D
Gil!?! I'd rather have The Running Man back... oh, wait!! :|
On the topic of internet meltdowns the greatest I've ever witnessed has to be Jeroen back at the AsianDVDGuide.
I remember that. You have to admire the dedication it would require to go back and delete every single one of your posts.
Yi-Long wrote:...while my girlfriend is holding my arm whispering: "Holy fuck, you looked like you were going to kill them.... ", which I think was the first time she's ever seen me get annoyed like that. :evil:
Did it turn her on?

"Why Yi, you rippling man beast, you!" :P
Mo wrote:
Beat TG wrote:And I still say Billy Chow would beat Donnie Yen in a street fight :D
Yeah, but Hwang Jeong-Ri would beat them both! :rock:
Last edited by Markgway on 23 Aug 2014, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:...while my girlfriend is holding my arm whispering: "Holy fuck, you looked like you were going to kill them.... ", which I think was the first time she's ever seen me get annoyed like that. :evil:
Did it turn her on?

"Why Yi, you rippling man beast, you!" :P
What, me taking her out to KFC isn't arousing enough already....!? :icon_suspect:

Nah, I doubt many people can look sexy when they look like they're about to kill somebody :P Unless you're Hugh Jackman of course.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mo wrote:
Masterofoneinchpunch wrote: There have been a couple of bans where the mod did a wipe out of the individual (all posts, all messages etc... -- scorched Earth policy) I had one individual message me stating that he was fed up and going to complain and the next day all my messages from him were gone, his posts were gone too -- no guest posts.)
Do you remember any of the names?
No unfortunately but one had Dragon in the name :D I would have made a note, but I had no idea my messages would also be deleted. Heck there were entire threads that dissapeared because of who started them. I remember being annoyed that my post count had shrank (this can be an admin setting; for example my site you don't lose any count numbers if posts are deleted.)
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mark you are getting some more talk in the KFC animated gif thread.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Bare breasties!?!

luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Posting the nude pic was kind of a dick move

No wait, I mean it made my dick move
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

He won't get banned, because he was asked to change his avatar and did so without question.

Compliance is the only way to survive the KFC.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Mo wrote: ... I imagine you were more annoyed by taking the time to post and then having it deleted. You do a lot of lengthy posts. You must have made teako mad. Rule #1 on KFC- don't make teako mad. Teako is supreme, and you have double crossed it. Why did you do that?
I was a bystander caught in the one-way fire. It was the other person who had made Teako angry, however I just lost some posts because of that (and a few posts asking where were these people, where was my conversation etc...) I don't think I lost anything too lengthy, but is was a few years ago.

I have noticed when I mention Mark, those are staying up. However, I don't think that a lot of the posts are actually read by the mods -- just skimming for no-no boobies.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:I have noticed when I mention Mark, those are staying up. However, I don't think that a lot of the posts are actually read by the mods -- just skimming for no-no boobies.
Teako's tit detector mustn't be working. :D
Mo wrote: I think we are allowed to "mention" markgway, but try to cut down on all the boob pics.
The first rule of KFC: Don't mention Markgway.

The second rule of KFC: Don't mention Markgway

(oh, and no tits!)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Tits are banned. Mark is banned.

...Really...!?... Nobody could have made that connection by now...!? It all makes sense! :P
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Yi-Long wrote:Tits are banned. Mark is banned.

...Really...!?... Nobody could have made that connection by now...!? It all makes sense! :P
:lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

HungFist wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Tits are banned. Mark is banned.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Still, wouldn't hurt to pop in and say 'hello'.

Just so we know he's alive and kicking...

Hate when people just disappear.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Mo wrote:Well, he didn't just disappear. He went out for a pack of cigarettes and he'll be back at his computer any minute now. Trust me.
OK, but if he doesn't show, you have to give me a free DVD...

That's, er, a Bullets rule.... :icon_suspect: