I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

Mo wrote:I just realized I totally sidestepped your question Shawn. Reason being is that I don't even bother to check threads on new movies anymore.
Thanks Mo. I usually do not go through a movie titled thread unless I have seen the movie (just in case of spoilers, plus I tend to want to have a little info about a film before I see it.)

KFC has the annoyance (partially because of the software) of having questions asked and not being answered. Also many people tend not to read through threads so you can see the same point be discussed several times as well.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Is KFC pretty much the only "busy" hardcore Kung Fu/HK Cinema website going these days? Have cityonfire and fareastfilms (aka: dragonsden) fallen by the wayside over the years (when it comes to their forums)?
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Hey this place was the place to be in year 2000 as well! :D

It really is depressing to think of all those communites that are more or less dead and buried nowadays. Makes me feel old as well!
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Forums used to be the 'in' thing. Now it's all twats tweeting on twitter.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I've never used twitter. I've considered it a number of times (for my blog) but I always come to the same conclusion: you can't say anything meaningful in 140 characters. Just argumenst/news/opinions with no explanations. I'm kinda afraid what that will do to people's communication skills. Might be fine for sharing links or news headlines, though.

Another problem is that information in twitter (and other social media) is not archived they way it is on forums. If someone posted a useful Sonny Chiba review on a forum in 2003 I can still find it today as long as the forum is still online. Try finding a 10 year old tweet!

(btw, this message is five times too long for twitter).
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Good points Hung, I dont use Twitter very much at all, I prefer FB for that sort of thing :)
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

I tested out twitter for a short time for criterionforums.com. I just found it an incredible time sink. Too much time is wasted going through worthless posts. But what is even more annoying is that the time spent on it versus what you get out of it is very one-sided -- not on your side unless you are famous person who then can waste people's time by tweeting every single meal you have.

Of course all it is, is a microblog and a poorly designed one at that (HungFist described a couple issues above).

I prefer forums, though I'm not liking that less people seem to be using them, because I like more in depth conversation. Of course we go light, but occasionally I like putting out (and reading) a 1000+ review (yes I have a new one coming out in a few days.)
shawbroscollector
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by shawbroscollector »

Ivan Drago wrote:I've nearly given up on KFC - too much idiotic postings from Golden Ding Dong to slog through.
There is always ignore button. And that`s what I used for him.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Yeah, but there's not much else to read it seems lol.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
shawbroscollector
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by shawbroscollector »

Ivan Drago wrote:Yeah, but there's not much else to read it seems lol.
That`s true. Quite quiet in martial arts movies&hk cinema sections and about hollywood+euro movies there are other more active forums.

Dunno is it tragic or funny, perhaps both that golden dildos topic of mysterious soundtrack is 3 pages long and sample of track so far undelivered.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Today on Sesame Street our letter is...

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Sorry for the long absence. I was locked up for a while due to some dwarf-murdering on my part. Who knew that would be illegal nowadays?

I got banned from KFC as well, by some douchebag American (yeah, of course it was an American...) pathetic bald fat little mod. Not sure what his name was, but he was a major A-hole. I got banned from implying there was censorship in the boards, whenever there was a serious topic to be discussed (any time a topic would be about politics or religion, somewhere down the line it would get closed down). Anyway, post got deleterd, got an angry PM which came from nowhere where he basically just went crazy on me, to which I still responded pretty nicely in a "what's this all about exactly?" manner, and before I knew it, I was banned. I also tried mailing that Mark guy about this, but never received any reply.

So that's when I got mad and unleashed Hurricane Sandy upon the east-coast.

Oh, I now read Mo's post above mine, and the sad little G.I. muppet who banned me was indeed Teako, or Taeko, or whatever. The guy is a fucking idiot.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:Oh, I now read Mo's post above mine, and the sad little G.I. muppet who banned me was indeed Teako, or Taeko, or whatever. The guy is a fucking idiot.
Hey, a fellow member of the BANNED BY TEAKO club. We should get t-shirts printed. :D
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Oh, I now read Mo's post above mine, and the sad little G.I. muppet who banned me was indeed Teako, or Taeko, or whatever. The guy is a fucking idiot.
Hey, a fellow member of the BANNED BY TEAKO club. We should get t-shirts printed. :D
Vomit-bags with his head on it would seem like a more appropriate idea... although that might be disrespectful towards vomit-bags.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I'm always wondering if I'll get banned for those movie theater photos I post. Those 1970's yakuza or karate film posters always tend to have boobs somewhere. But I'm more optimistic now that One-Armed Boxer is a mod, he's a reasonable guy. And I do self-sensor some of my posts.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Mo wrote:Holy mother of God, Yi Long has risen from the grave. Hide the childen. And just kill the women because Yi Long will find them. I don't remember you being banned Yi Long, but I did hear about it once. I don't mind Teako but I really don't like the way Markgway was banned (once again I wasn't present when it happened). I remember around a decade ago, I went off on Markgway, I might have even gone after his mom it was that bad. But luckily Linn was the mod and he just gave me a light warning via PM. Linn was too nice of a guy. Nowadays it seems like you will get banned for anything on KFC. Teako says that he doesn't visit the forum very often, but all of a sudden he's banning a lot of people. I really don't want to speculate but I think he may be having a bad time in his life.

I don't think anyone should be banned unless it is an extreme circumstance, like someone posting personal information and really trying to hurt someone. I don't know how I never got banned. I did get banned once on the stunt people forum. And I deserved it.
It's pretty rare for me to get banned as well, although I managed to do so last week, when I was banned for a week for stating you can't really take the mods seriously anymore on a site, when 6 hours after a guy posted how he wished someone would 'do a Breivik' by driving a 500kg compost-bomb into an area in The Hague, which is filled with muslims, was still not moderated.

I mentioned this in a reply to a mod who was having a discussion about another poster who also had his complaints about how the site seems to turn more and more right-wing, and the mod just told him to report it to the mods, so that made me openly question if that would be worth the effort...

Anyway, got banned for a week for 'criticising' the website...(!) Somehow, some mods are quite a bit oversensitive... (which IMHO makes them the complete opposite of being suitable mods, but hey, that's just me....)

As far as Taeko is concerned, I truly hope he IS going through a terrible time in his life. He's a major asshole who enjoys abusing his powers, so fuck him. You know that saying how bad things always happen to good people. Well, perhaps this time bad stuff happens to a complete jackass.

There are very few legit reasons to BAN people from a site. Just spam-bombing, posting REALLY inappropriate pictures (gore crap and such), and some other stuff. But I always believe a good community regulates itself and corrects eachother, even in heavy emotional discussions. You might have a few flying of the handle, and then more reasonable voices will step in and hush things up a bit. Personally, I would just let that stuff play out naturally. Most stuff online can simply be 'fought' by discussing it rationally, reasonably, and most of all, simply out in the open.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Mo wrote:I remember around a decade ago, I went off on Markgway, I might have even gone after his mom it was that bad.
I don't remember that!! :mad:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I remember we once had a 'post your desktop' thread, and I hid a small poke towards Brad on my desktop, with a folder called 'Brad's naked mom pics' or something, but no one caught it :P
Beat TG
Pedicab Driver

Post by Beat TG »

Welcome back Yi-Long.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Beat TG wrote:Welcome back Yi-Long.
Thanks Beat :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Mo wrote:
Markgway wrote:It was awhile ago during the cooks thread. Actually it was a thread I created about best endings in a movie. I felt that you came in and shit all over my thread and I lost it. But it's funny to look back on it. My favorite part was when someone agreed with you, or they would tell me to calm down, I would accuse them of being my enemy. But I think I ended up PMing you an apology when I realized how crazy I looked. I think it might have taken about a year before I sent that apology
All's well, ends well.... :)
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I've never been mad online TBH. I know Brad one time completely went crazy though, which was hilarious. Sadly, a mod dropped by and deleted all that.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Mo wrote:Who are the other people to be banned in recent years on KFC? Dragonsword and wuxiafan are all I can think of. Why did they get banned? Other than a few user names from Daigoro that seem to have been banned, are there any I'm forgetting?
If you look at some of the old threads, all posters in them are banned :lol:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I used to be a lot angrier than I am now.

I still swear sometimes, but have definitely mellowed.

Which is why my banning was particularly odd.

Although I wasn't banned for being offensive, but for daring to argue.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

I pretty much only get banned when some moderator is offended in some way or another, usually because they feel I 'criticise' the forum/site or whatever. Fucking ridiculous. Often when another, more rational, mod notices what's happened, it gets fixed btw, but obviously in the case of Taeko, it seems clear he seems to be running that KFC ship...