Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by grim_tales »

:lol:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

RetroRobot wrote:And the hypocrisy on KFC continues. I don't post there anymore, but check in from time to time, and I saw two counts of topless women in the members gallery pics, and several counts of derogatory comments towards homosexuals and description of sexual acts within the last few days. But wait.... weren't all those things violations of the all mighty rules? What a fucking joke that place has become. I guess the rules don't apply to everyone in equal measure.
"I have every title release by this company, if interested to purchase let me know!!! As for the movie any gay themes like in Shaolin Avengers? Shaolin Avengers is one of my favorites Shaw titles by the way, no homophobia from me!!"
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Ivan Drago wrote:"I have every title release by this company, if interested to purchase let me know!!! As for the movie any gay themes like in Shaolin Avengers? Shaolin Avengers is one of my favorites Shaw titles by the way, no homophobia from me!!"
:lol:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

A little exchange from KFC today...

OneArmedBoxer: "If only Markgway was still here...he'd probably know."

TheDragon: "Whatever happened with Markgway?? You look around and realize people are gone..."

Still getting props, even in your absence :thumbs:
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

RetroRobot wrote:A little exchange from KFC today...

OneArmedBoxer: "If only Markgway was still here...he'd probably know."

TheDragon: "Whatever happened with Markgway?? You look around and realize people are gone..."

Still getting props, even in your absence :thumbs:
:notworthy:

People there probably think I'm dead.

I'm not. I'm just sleepy.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

^ Here is a link to that topic, took me awhile to find it.

How long do you think before some of those posts get banned/edited?

Mark do you still look at the posts there? Also, does anyone here not go to there?
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

I was already getting tired of the place before Mark's ban, but that whole thing (The unwarranted ban, being lied to afterwards, the new rule set, those rules not applying to everyone etc.) just soured me to the point where I might check in from time to time, but I don't post there anymore. Im sure plenty of people am glad about that, and im glad that I can now resist the urge to respond to some of the moronic bullshit that is posted there.
TheYoda
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by TheYoda »

It's too bad people are spending less time there, though I understand your reasons RetroRobot. For the thread in question, a legitimate question was asked and it hasn't received an answer yet. I've also asked a couple shaw-related questions lately and haven't received much for answers. Kind of a bummer, but oh well....
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

If I had a dime for every question I asked that was left unanswered on KFC, I would be on my way to Hawaii right now. To be fair, if people don't know, they don't know... it's annoying, but you can't really blame anyone for that. Also, it was mostly questions about 80's and 90's non kung fu movies, and there really isn't any true experts on that aspect of HK cinema over there, or very few, at least.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

I think part of the problem is the forum itself. Unread (at least for me) turn into read even if you do not visit the particular thread. You could reask some of the questions here :).
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Back in its heyday, im sure this forum could have provided me with the As to my Qs. Not much chance now, as traffic seems to have slowed significantly. If you wanna talk triad and HK gangster/gunplay movies, there really isn't any place to do it... at least not any sort of active and knowledgable hub, that I know of. It's too bad.

Actually, genre film forums have more or less vanished, or spread out to the far reaches of the internet, where im not seeing them anymore. I guess it's all Facebook groups now. But since I seem to be the only person in the world who couldn't give less of a fuck about Facebook, that's not really helping.

There are niche sites here and there, but I wish there was one place that crawled with enthusiast, where you could talk kung fu, heroic bloodshed, triad, pinky violence, kaiju eiga, jidai geki, yakuza, ninja, giallo, poliziotteschi, film noir, French noir, exploitation, sexploitation, blaxploitation.... you get my drift.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

It's part of the bad habit of masses gravitating toward a single entity (example ebay for auction, facebook for social group networking, twitter for horrible horrible microblogging, single sports leagues etc...) Personally I do not use Facebook nor will I (seriously easy way to do identity theft, but also for an insanely popular site it is rather a basic site in terms of construction and what it can do for the amount of money that goes into it (I also hate the hash bang style of programming that twitter made popular but that's a different gripe.)

Warning blather ahead:
I get your drift though. Personally I am pretty knowlegable on certain genres and areas like silent film, Johnnie To :D though probably more of a jack-of-all-trades since I watch so much from so many different areas. I always wonder if it pays more to be great at a single area than be good at many. One thing though I find fascinating about cinema is the connections, references, allegories, allusions that one can get from studying cinema as a whole. But it becomes harder to be in deep if you spread too thin, wait this does not sound right.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I check occasionally for information on upcoming DVDs, but it doesn't look like I've missed anything in the way of debate. Shame, KFC used to be one of the best forums around.

As for the KFC topic in the link...
Shaw had a few subsidiaries, but I'm not currently aware of The Eternal Film Co. being one of them. Shaw did distribute their output though, so it's possible. The boss of Eternal was Pau Ming. I don't know of any connection he had to Shaw.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Quiet everyone.... the G-Way is dropping knowledge! Too bad they can't hear it on KFC :P

Didn't even know you could check in on the forum when you were banned.

I had actually forgotten that I was threatened with a ban back in the day. In a heated Panmedia discussion I referred to Stiller as the greedy jew. Honestly, I wasn't even thinking, and im not anti semetic, but not being particularly PC in my everyday life, I guess I forgot that crude humor doesn't really translate well in writing. I can kinda see why I was given a fair warning.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... 01&page=12

Looks like a bit of a scam, or scamola, is in progress.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Ivan Drago wrote:http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... 01&page=12

Looks like a bit of a scam, or scamola, is in progress.
That's weird, hasn't Haz been fine about these things in the past?
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I wonder if he'll get banned? :lol:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Hardly... he's probably unbannable, just like a handful of others.

I feel bad for OAB, but seriously, it's kinda funny that EVERY fucking time one of these crowdfunding projects are launched on KFC, someone gets shafted, and drama ensues.... EVERY time. What a joke.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Markgway wrote:I check occasionally for information on upcoming DVDs, but it doesn't look like I've missed anything in the way of debate. Shame, KFC used to be one of the best forums around.

As for the KFC topic in the link...
Shaw had a few subsidiaries, but I'm not currently aware of The Eternal Film Co. being one of them. Shaw did distribute their output though, so it's possible. The boss of Eternal was Pau Ming. I don't know of any connection he had to Shaw.
Is there any good information books, magazines or online for either Pau Ming or Eternal Film Co.?

EDIT (some links I found; nothing too descriptive):
Hong Kong Movie Studios IDEvolution - Eternal Film: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDTvuPQgO_g
http://hkmdb.com/db/companies/view.mhtm ... ay_set=eng

Okay this one is interesting:
ETERNAL FILM (H.K.) COMPANY LIMITED -THE- also knwon as 恒生電影(香港)有限公司 is a dissolved business incorporated in Hong Kong on September 28, 1979. The company has been disolved on 11-SEP-1998.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

The majority of HK film companies are registered.

However, some the registrations are post-dated.

Eternal started production in 1973.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Markgway wrote:The majority of HK film companies are registered.

However, some the registrations are post-dated.

Eternal started production in 1973.
Dang this site is slow for me today. I knew it's first film was in 73, but I (maybe just me) just thought that was an interesting fact (the post-dated aspect). I still would like some source material on those two aspects mentioned above.

What has been bugging me is a few comments on kungfucinema stating that Shaw & Sons possibly turned into Eternal and Runme was running it.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:I knew it's first film was in 73, but I (maybe just me) just thought that was an interesting fact (the post-dated aspect). I still would like some source material on those two aspects mentioned above.
I, too, am interested in such details. You're not alone!

I don't have any new info on the mysterious Pau Ming.
What has been bugging me is a few comments on kungfucinema stating that Shaw & Sons possibly turned into Eternal and Runme was running it.
I've never heard that... but who knows?
Shaw & Sons are credited as co-producers on four of Eternal's late 70s-early 80s films as co-produced by Shaw Vee-Ing. Beyond that...??

Hua Shan directed some films for Eternal but for contractual reasons had to use a pseudonym.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Thanks Mark for the info. I'll keep looking into it.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

I had a PM exchange with One Armed Boxer on KFC today, who asked what happened to me, and I directed him here, and told him to pop by if he felt like it. Like many others he is fed up with KFC too, and understandably so. He posted this on KFC a while ago, and im sure he wont mind me sharing it here. If he comes by, he can of course chime in himself. I just figured it would be swiftly deleted (unless rhymes with Rico is on vacation) So I grabbed it quickly, and I think it was right on the money.....

"It's sad to say that I think 2014 is the year that most of us long standing members of the community will consider the KFC forum, much like the website itself, to have become a shadow of its former self.

Kicking off the year with the now infamous ban of one of the forums most consistant and knowledgable members, which resulted in a bunch of regulars jumping ship based on the complete OTT nature of the ban (naked Kara Hui pics anyone? No problem there), complete with a new set of Draconian rules & regulations to govern what's posted, it's no surprise the sound of tumbleweed now permeates through what used to be a very active place just 12 months ago.

I spoke with TWC, the original creator of this thread, just today who confirmed he's jumped ship, and I don't blame him. The forum has become a place in which a regular member can no longer write what they wish without fear of an Administrator banning them, however it seems that it's perfectly acceptable for an Administrator to steal a regular members money without any word of explanation or apology.

Like other forums I've seen die a slow death, this one is already starting to show signs of being a wheezing old man crawling towards the finish line, as it slowly becomes little more than a notice board posting about DVD release dates and links to other site reviews.

Before the Administrators start pushing the new rules onto other members, they should at least get their own house in order. Needless to say if the KFC forum was a house of cards, they've been scattered all over the floor for several months now. The site needs some new Admins, that much is clear, the one who stole my money hasn't even logged in for almost 3 weeks, which is a joke. I log on here almost daily, and would be more than happy to be one. Considering things can't get much worse, I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than how things are being run currently.

PS I've noticed that any post which mentions the ban, regardless of how relevant the context of it is, has been deleted within a matter of hours, so if this post disappears I wouldn't be surprised."

Good for him, I hope he pokes his head in over here at some point. That whole Haz scam is fucking atrocious and OAB's cries for justice are seemingly ignored, as the guy is a moderator over there.
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:Image
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)