The Toei Pinky Violence thread

China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Thailand, etc
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Classic Japanese Exploitation Thread (Not Work Safe!

Post by HungFist »

Yes, rare pictures are always welcome. Especially when they feature a cute Japanese actress :D

You might also be interested in the JP cult cinema thread (and its sister threads). These get a little bit mixed, but basically the idea is that this thread (JP exploit) is for pinky violence and classic pink films, while JP cult cinema thread holds everything else (samurai, yakuza etc.)

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... f=1&t=3840
(the first post is a bit out of date, sorry)
FireTiger
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Re: Classic Japanese Exploitation (pinky violence & pink)

Post by FireTiger »

I am gonna make a zip folder instead for download.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FireTiger on 16 Jul 2010, 05:53, edited 2 times in total.
“Simplicity is the key to brilliance.”

Bruce Lee
FireTiger
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by FireTiger »

Last edited by FireTiger on 16 Jul 2010, 05:46, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Lee
FireTiger
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by FireTiger »

OK guys these are the last pics I have, because this is all Ive acquired after intensive searches through the internet.
Now unless someone has pics that I do not have please post them. But I highly doubt anyone has more than I do since they are so rare.

This is an episode from I am the man!. Epsiode 11 called Tomorrow!
Shes the girl with the pigtails hairstyle and striped shirt holding a camera.

http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo134.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo135.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo136.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo137.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo138.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo139.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo140.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo141.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/yoko ... ndo142.jpg

And these are some pics from Emblem of wolf

http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200705/20/81 ... 293265.jpg
http://pimo.txt-nifty.com/blog/2009/11/ ... monsy.html
Last edited by FireTiger on 16 Jul 2010, 05:52, edited 2 times in total.

Bruce Lee
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Post by Marshall »

Oh, shit! Is Yoko Ichiji in THREE PRETTY DEVILS?! As if I wasn't already buying that in August.
kemushi
Little White Dragon

Re: Re:

Post by kemushi »

Just wanted to say that Makiguchi's Rashamen (らしゃめん) is not a pinku/pinky type exploitation flick. Rather, it is a period drama about a beautiful half-breed woman, born of a visiting foreign father, who is sold into a life of prostitution during the Reconstruction period of Japan. That could summarise the plot of a real sleazefest but in fact the closest this film gets to showing nudity is a nippleless glimpse of a sideboob for half a second.

FireTiger
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by FireTiger »

Here are the DVD screens of the movie The Most Dangerous Game in the scenes where Yoko Ichiji appeared in.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by FireTiger on 16 Jul 2010, 06:05, edited 4 times in total.

Bruce Lee
FireTiger
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by FireTiger »

Emblem Of The Wolf Caps.

Well thats all the Yoko Ichiji media Ive got for now. I will keep posting at a later time If I do get more.
BTW her B-day is this upcoming Monday June 21st. So Happy B-day!
Last edited by FireTiger on 16 Jul 2010, 05:37, edited 2 times in total.

Bruce Lee
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: The Classic Japanese Exploitation Thread (Not Work Safe!

Post by HungFist »

Marshall wrote:Soooo...

Anyone roll the dice on HELL'S ANGELS: CRIMSON ROAR? Money is tight, but I am very curious about this one.
I watched this yesterday. It's not really a pinky violence movie or even a biker gang film, but a rather serious crime drama. Only a few action scenes and the quality is nothing to write home about. The screenplay doesn't quite hold, but co-star Hiroshi Tachi gives a strong performance, and the ending is stylish.

I will review this (and all the Detonation movies by Ishii and pals) in the cult cinema thread when I have time. Got Finnish reviews out of most of these already, need to find time for a quick translation or summary.
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Post by Marshall »

I think you just saved me fifty bucks. Still can't wait for THREE PRETTY DEVILS. Will I never learn?
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Post by Marshall »

Well, I don't want to be one of those tiresome people who repeats the same crap at every board on the internet, but it would appear that a US company intends to re-release the second Female Convict Scorpion movie (JAILHOUSE 41) on October 26th. This title has been haunted by sub-par releases, so hopefully this won't just be a port of a pre-botched release.
Last edited by Marshall on 30 Aug 2010, 18:28, edited 1 time in total.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

That's good news. If they could obtain the Toei print but without cropping that would be terrific. And add Studio Canal's extras.

After selling the Studio Canal disc I only own 3 copies of the film :D
KabukiJoe
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by KabukiJoe »

This has been an absolutely fabulous thread. I've learned a lot. Thank you very much, HungFist.
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Post by Marshall »

Well, I had a look at THREE PRETTY DEVILS. It had some things going for it. Yoko Ichiji and Junko Natsu, for two. I'm guessing the third P.D. is Reiko Ohara? Not too familiar with her. Also that girl from GIANT ROBO is in it. Yumiko Katayama, I think. ALSO that transvestite singer from one of the DEILINQUENT GIRL BOSS movies. Not much of a selling point, but it is interesting to see how the pieces of the Toei jigsaw puzzle all fit together. There are some nice fashions and some go-go dancing, although the music is pretty boring and the camera work is intentionally shaky during the dance scenes, to the point of stupidity. Some nudity, thankfully, and some decent set-pieces.

Also checked out DELINQUENT BOSS #9, "Reckless Driving." It's the least of the four I've seen. Yoko Mihara has a small, unmemorable part. Is she in every single one of these?

Some other things about THREE PRETTY DEVILS. I believe the theme song is sung by the girl that stars in the first STRAY CAT ROCK film. A lot of the film is set at Expo '70. Yoko Ichiji is quite cute in this. The ending has an above-average explosion.

Forgot to mention that Yoko Mihara French-kisses a little dog in DELINQUENT BOSS 9. Unfotunately that's about the extent of her role.

So, what happens if I try to join the Toei Video Point Club?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Marshall wrote: So, what happens if I try to join the Toei Video Point Club?
Sorry, forgot to answer this. You can receive some Toei goods if you register a point account and collect points. Surely they wouldn't deliver abroad, but even in Japan I don't think it's necessarily worth the hassle. And no, they don't have Reiko Ike tissues or anything like that in the goods selection. Tokusatsu stuff mainly (and again, they won't mail you a Godzilla. Toho owns that big mofo).

Here's the information website
http://www.toeiv.jp/point/index.html

and then to release news. I mixed a these threads a bit for no obvious reason, but there's a few pinky violence titles upcoming from Toei in Februaru and March, reported here:

https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... &start=159
and
https://www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/ ... &start=161
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Here's a little compilation post covering Toei's 2011 pinky violence releases so far. I've covered these news in the cult cinema thread already, as that is my primary Toei release news thread (and I've been too lazy to jump back and forth between the two threads).

Toei is in full pinky violence swing this year.

February

Jeans Blues: No Future (Jinzu burusu: Asu naki furaiha) (ジーンズブルース 明日なき無頼派) (1974)
Director: Sadao Nakajima
Cast: Meiko Kaji, Tsunehiko Watase, Hideo Murota, Ryohei Uchida

March

Zero Woman: Red Hadcuffs (0課の女 赤い手錠) (1974)
Director: Yukio Noda
Cast: Miki Sugimoto, Hideo Murota, Tetsuro Tamba, Yoko Mihara

New Female Prisoner Scorpion: #701 (Shin joshuu sasori: 701-go) (新女囚さそり 701号) (1976)
Director: Yutaka Kohira
Cast: Yumi Takigawa, Rinichi Yamamoto, Bunjaku Han

New Female Prisoner Scorpion: Tokushu-bo X (Shin joshuu sasori: Tokushu-bo X) (新・女囚さそり 特殊房X) (1977)
Director: Yutaka Kohira
Cast: Yoko Natsuki, Masashi Ishibashi, Hiroshi Tachi, Takeo Chii

June

The Red Silk Gambler (Hijirimen bakuto) (緋ぢりめん博徒 ) (1972)
Director: Teruo Ishii
Cast: Hiroko Fuji, Eiko Nakamura, Reiko Ike, Bunta Sugawara
Based on the novel by Dan Oniroku

July

Female Yakuza Tale (Yasagure anego den: sōkatsu rinchi) (やさぐれ姐御伝 総括リンチ) (1973)
Director: Teruo Ishii
Cast: Reiko Ike, Meika Seri, Emi Jo, Ryohei Uchida, Tooru Abe

Criminal Woman: Killing Melody (Zenka onna: koroshi-bushi) (前科おんな 殺し節) (1973)
Director: Atsushi Mihori
Cast: Reiko Ike, Miki Sugimoto, Yumiko Katayama, Shinzo Hotta, Takeo Chii

Bankaku rock (番格ロック) (1973)
Director: Makoto Naito
Cast: Emiko Yamauchi, Naoya Makoto, Hideo Murota, Takashi Shikauchi and Yumiko Katayama

I haven't bought Jeans Blues yet, cause I'm kinda broke. But I think it fits the pinky violence category. Maybe.

The New Female Prisoner Scorpion films I've commented quite a few times before as I onw the French dvds. Good films both, although not on par with the originals.

Excited about The Red Silk Gambler and Bankaku Rock making their dvd debuts... :cool:
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Post by Marshall »

All aboard the Rape Train! Tooooot!

Can anyone identify this clip? It wouldn't be from KEIKEN, would it? That would be cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pJEqZZnRZs
Last edited by Marshall on 22 Mar 2011, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.
FireTiger
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by FireTiger »

Most likely it is from Keiken seeing as both Oshida and Ohara are in it.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

I tried to indentify that clip last week, but could only find some jidai geki TV dramas starring both Oshida and Ohara. But that's because movie databases forgot to mention Oshida is in Keiken (and I didn't look at the dvd cover carefully enough to notice she's in it!). Toei's product page confirms:
http://www.toei-video.co.jp/data/hs/vca ... 03257.html

So, yeah, it's almost certainly Keiken. Good detective work, guys.
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Post by Marshall »

Received KEIKEN and it's not bad. Would be better if I understood Japanese. Yoko Mihara has a pretty big role, and Yukie Kagawa plays a suit-wearing lesbian. Reiko Oshida pretty much just sings that song and splits.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

A little bit something I got inspired into doing while taking break from writing thesis...

Toei Pinky Violence in Images

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

That looks pretty cool.
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Re:

Post by Marshall »

HungFist wrote:Wandering Ginza Butterfly 2: She Cat Gambler (1972)

Meiko Kaji returns in this sequel by name only follow up. She plays the same character as before, but the previous film is not referred in any way and the movies are also somewhat different in terms of style. The original found a charming balance between ninkyo yakuza atmosphere and mini skirts. Wandering Ginza Butterfly 2 also combines modern and past, but in a different way. Gambling scenes are plenty and feel almost as lifted from an early Showa era set yakuza film. Miss Kaji also spends most of her time wearing kimono. However, at the same time the pic is filled with club scenes, neon lights and early 70’s disco music, similarly to the Delinquent Girl Boss movies. The atmostphere is modern, even if many of the seminal elements have roots in the past. Comedy is also a major part of the film.

In terms of casting Wandering Ginza Butterfly 2 further closers the Delinquent Girl Boss movies. Tooru Yuri has a big supporting role – comedic of course - Junzaburo Ban plays an old man with a problematic father-daughter relationship, and Yukie Kagawa, whose absense from the first film was almost distracting, is given a rather unexciting role as a night club hostess. The biggest addition to the cast, however, is Shinichi Chiba. Chiba gives a very humoristic acting performance as a stammering small time goon who is a bit afraid of bigger players. Chiba’s action skills are put into use in the great finale where he and Kaji slaughter three times as many people as there are members in villains Fujio Suga and Hideo Murota’s gang. This is a great conclusion to a highly entertaining film that is more or less on par with the original. The storyline may not be very strong, but there is a wide variety of familiar and enjoyble genre elements on display. Fans of positively charged girl gang films should thoroughly enjoy Wandering Ginza Butterfly 2.

Synapse’s dvd is, once again, brilliant and above Toei’s own standards. Extras feature the same Kazuhiko Yamaguchi interview, Kaji biography and poster gallery, and trailers that appeared on the previous dvd. What is new is an 11 minute interview with pinky violence expert J-Taro Sugisaku. No commentary this time.

Sugisaku
Someone please tell me whether to buy this movie. I haven't the slightest interest in Sonny Chiba or gambling, but I like Yukie Kagawa. How's the music in the nightclub scenes?
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

How is it possible not to have the slightest interest in the greatest movie star of all time?!

+ you have Meiko Kaji and the usual Toei gang!

As for Kagawa and the music, unfortunately I can't remember anymore.
Marshall
Jade Tiger

Post by Marshall »

HungFist wrote: As for Kagawa and the music, unfortunately I can't remember anymore.
Lol. I watched some clips and this movie is not for me. Thank you for your response, though. As for Chiba, couldn't pick him out of a lineup. He may be quite a fellow, but he is not in movies that interest me. Kind of like that guy who asked about pinky violence, "People watch this stuff?" Different strokes.