I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Markgway »

luckystars wrote:Nah fam only in shit like the Daily Sport. And that is grot/pr0n/nsfw ;)
Fam?

The Sun - the UK's top selling newspaper - contains a Page 3 topless model every issue. That's stronger than the PG-rated tease I posted.

Not sure why I'm having to defend this to a bunch of grown men?
luckystars
Royal Tramp

Post by luckystars »

Just because her tits and fanny are (barely) covered, doesn't make it less gratuitous than the Suns page 3. Sorry :)
2010 - The return of the HK movie industry :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

luckystars wrote:Just because her tits and fanny are (barely) covered, doesn't make it less gratuitous than the Suns page 3. Sorry :)
I would think in the eyes of most it does.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

If the forum wishes to survive with the likes of Bobo AKA "WHAHHH!!! WHERE'S THE RARE THEREFORE CLASSIC DUB FOR X SHAW BROTHERS MOVIE?????", it will die a death.

10 years ago, these forums were thriving. They need more scholars.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Hey, just registered... known on KFC as TibetanWhiteCrane.

At the risk of being banned myself, I thought I would weigh in on this whole thing, as I was actually PM'ing with Mark when he suddenly vanished into eternal banishment. This ban was utterly ridiculous and unfounded... and this is not some biased opinion, as Mark and I are not friends or anything. Not that we're enemies :) but I have no connection to him, other than being a fellow board member.

As he himself has explained, the pic he posted was not X-rated, but was for some reason still deemed improper by the prudish powers that be, oh well. But like he said, he wasn't banned for that, he was banned for voicing an opinion to a mod that didn't like his authority tested, which pisses me off. The same mod who had earlier posted a new set of semi draconian rules that we should all bow to, or suffer banishment.

I understand that a forum needs rules and guide lines, as some people are retarded asshats who don't know how behave in cyber space. But what I can't stand is this fascist attitude, where whole threads or posts are deleted, and people are forbidden to ever speak of it, like it never existed. And when confronting the mods in a PM, as you are allowed to do, they then ban you, if they don't like what you have to say. Even the mere mention of a banned members name is deleted, and all kinds of open and honest discussion is thereby made impossible. This is complete bullshit, worthy of the eastern bloc in the cold war years..... I mean, what the fuck! Aren't we all adults here?

I actually wanted to post this at KFC, but it would be pretty pointless as only a handful of people would see it, before it was deleted, and I was banned, never to be heard from again. But as there are some members from that forum present, I thought I would share my thoughts here, where at least they will be seen.

I realise that I also risk being banned, posting them here, but I couldn't just keep quiet. If that's the price, then be it.

Bottom line, Markgway's ban was flat out wrong, and I didn't agree with Yi Long's ban back in the day either. And these are gentlemen that I have no real connection to outside of frequenting the same forum, and have had heated arguments with in the past. So it's not like im just sticking up for my homies.

I just can't stand by while people are railroaded like this, and then be lied to by the mod afterwards. That shit leaves a bitter taste in my mouth, and I had to spit it out, so thanks for letting me vent.

In the future, my posts here will be more positive.... I promise :)
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I can understand why the pic be removed. If I had been using the computer in the library or at college (10 years ago, OMG), then a passing busybody could have caused trouble. Same with it being NSFW.

Otherwise...sheesh!

Great to have you here TWC!
bradavon wrote:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Thanks, Drago/Meteor...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

RetroRobot wrote:This ban was utterly ridiculous and unfounded... and this is not some biased opinion, as Mark and I are not friends or anything.
Well, not NOW!! :(

;)
Not that we're enemies :) but I have no connection to him, other than being a fellow board member.
Look Dad, let's stop the pretence...
Even the mere mention of a banned members name is deleted, and all kinds of open and honest discussion is thereby made impossible. This is complete bullshit, worthy of the eastern bloc in the cold war years..... I mean, what the fuck! Aren't we all adults here?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcTP7YWPayU
Bottom line, Markgway's ban was flat out wrong, and I didn't agree with Yi Long's ban back in the day either.
I seem to recall Yi-Long was banned for being a lefty or anti-American or some such. I don't even have that to cling to....
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Well, with all the raping and pillaging the Danish vikings did in those parts back in the times of yore, maybe we are really, really.... really distant cousins, who knows? :)

Yeah, I think it was something like that. Now to be fair, Yi Long took a lot of shots at the good ole' US of A, few of which were ever really baseless, as far as I can recall, but perhaps not constructive to the civil discourse. Hell, every discussion of either politics or religion are bound to get heated,I was a culprit of that myself. And I have no way of knowing if Yi Long recieved warnings and ignored them, or what happened behind the curtains. I just remember finding it pretty abrupt and strange at the time, just like in this case.

I don't know what the point of these new KFC rules and tactics are, or why they are implemented now. I never saw many problems with the way things ran before..... oh well.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Rhymes with "Rico" boasted about banning someone else recently, but didn't say who; has anyone else gone missing from KFC?

Politics and religion always guarantee heated argu... er, debate. If someone posts in favour of gun rights, clearly I'm not going to sit back and say nothing........
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Haven't noticed anyone missing. Although people come and go all the time, it's hard to keep track.

Interesting sig, Mark :) That Bradavon guy sounds like a riot, sorry I missed him. Still like your old one better though. I think I remember the words..... "For the future, im an action man, I beat very good". Ah, the good old days :)
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

RetroRobot wrote:Interesting sig, Mark :) That Bradavon guy sounds like a riot, sorry I missed him. Still like your old one better though. I think I remember the words..... "For the future, im an action man, I beat very good". Ah, the good old days :)
Bradavon was something else... could cause trouble in an empty room.
He doesn't post here anymore.
That quote was from a post he made on this forum.
The second quote was something Kowloon said on KFC.
Both comments were made with the utmost seriousness hence their comic value.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Comic value, indeed.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Falkor was an oddball too, and Pops (or something like that) challenged me to a fight!
bradavon wrote:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Falkor creeped me out. His religious devotion to shapes was borderline insane.... ok, it was FULL ON insane. Enthusiasm is fine, but this was waaay over the top.

Yeah, I think I remember you and Pops Jr., or whatever his name was, having words :) He was an old school guy from the 90's UK scene, I think. And he had some cool info and stories, but was for some reason really high strung and angry. Angry at Bey Logan, Ricky Backer, Eastern Heroes etc. I guess you had to be there to understand where all this animosity came from.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Angry at Jet Li too!

Yeah, the shapes things was absuurd. But it was obvious Falkor spent years bigging up titles like Massacre Survivor because he planned to sell them.
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I'm not sure why Bradavon was here. He seemed to have no interest in Asian cinema.

And remember Running Man?
bradavon wrote:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Now he HATED Bey Logan and pretty much anything else on earth. That's all I remember about him.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

That's all there was!
bradavon wrote:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

LOL... well, no wonder I don't remember anything else.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Oh that you mention it...
bradavon wrote:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

RetroRobot wrote:Now he HATED Bey Logan and pretty much anything else on earth. That's all I remember about him.
Wasn't Running Man also Gil/Jonathan Stathes? I remember many debates with him but most of the time he was the one who seemed to start arguments. I remember he hated Bey Logan as well, as Bey said he didnt mind what Disney were doing to Asian movies at the time (something like that).
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Yes, he was. He also had a weird attitude to dubs. He would go and on about how terrible the Shaw Brothers dubs were, then would tear reviewers a new one if they wrote they didn't care for a new dub, or didn't bother listening to it. He once did this at DVD Times under the name Fulltime Killer, and would repeatedy deny that he was Gil (despite the same agenda) until the mods calmly pointed out that he and Gil had the same IP address.

He also claimed the term "wire-fu" was racist.
bradavon wrote:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

Was Bradavon banned from here?
bradavon wrote:
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Ivan Drago wrote:Was Bradavon banned from here?
No.