I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Unread post by Markgway » 21 Aug 2014, 00:22

Yi-Long wrote:Oh, I now read Mo's post above mine, and the sad little G.I. muppet who banned me was indeed Teako, or Taeko, or whatever. The guy is a fucking idiot.
Hey, a fellow member of the BANNED BY TEAKO club. We should get t-shirts printed. :D

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Yi-Long » 21 Aug 2014, 01:52

Markgway wrote:
Yi-Long wrote:Oh, I now read Mo's post above mine, and the sad little G.I. muppet who banned me was indeed Teako, or Taeko, or whatever. The guy is a fucking idiot.
Hey, a fellow member of the BANNED BY TEAKO club. We should get t-shirts printed. :D
Vomit-bags with his head on it would seem like a more appropriate idea... although that might be disrespectful towards vomit-bags.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...

Mo
Pedicab Driver

Unread post by Mo » 21 Aug 2014, 03:23

Holy mother of God, Yi Long has risen from the grave. Hide the childen. And just kill the women because Yi Long will find them. I don't remember you being banned Yi Long, but I did hear about it once. I don't mind Teako but I really don't like the way Markgway was banned (once again I wasn't present when it happened). I remember around a decade ago, I went off on Markgway, I might have even gone after his mom it was that bad. But luckily Linn was the mod and he just gave me a light warning via PM. Linn was too nice of a guy. Nowadays it seems like you will get banned for anything on KFC. Teako says that he doesn't visit the forum very often, but all of a sudden he's banning a lot of people. I really don't want to speculate but I think he may be having a bad time in his life.

I don't think anyone should be banned unless it is an extreme circumstance, like someone posting personal information and really trying to hurt someone. I don't know how I never got banned. I did get banned once on the stunt people forum. And I deserved it.
"I regard hardships as part of my training. I don't need to relax."

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by HungFist » 21 Aug 2014, 05:25

I'm always wondering if I'll get banned for those movie theater photos I post. Those 1970's yakuza or karate film posters always tend to have boobs somewhere. But I'm more optimistic now that One-Armed Boxer is a mod, he's a reasonable guy. And I do self-sensor some of my posts.

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Yi-Long » 21 Aug 2014, 10:05

Mo wrote:Holy mother of God, Yi Long has risen from the grave. Hide the childen. And just kill the women because Yi Long will find them. I don't remember you being banned Yi Long, but I did hear about it once. I don't mind Teako but I really don't like the way Markgway was banned (once again I wasn't present when it happened). I remember around a decade ago, I went off on Markgway, I might have even gone after his mom it was that bad. But luckily Linn was the mod and he just gave me a light warning via PM. Linn was too nice of a guy. Nowadays it seems like you will get banned for anything on KFC. Teako says that he doesn't visit the forum very often, but all of a sudden he's banning a lot of people. I really don't want to speculate but I think he may be having a bad time in his life.

I don't think anyone should be banned unless it is an extreme circumstance, like someone posting personal information and really trying to hurt someone. I don't know how I never got banned. I did get banned once on the stunt people forum. And I deserved it.
It's pretty rare for me to get banned as well, although I managed to do so last week, when I was banned for a week for stating you can't really take the mods seriously anymore on a site, when 6 hours after a guy posted how he wished someone would 'do a Breivik' by driving a 500kg compost-bomb into an area in The Hague, which is filled with muslims, was still not moderated.

I mentioned this in a reply to a mod who was having a discussion about another poster who also had his complaints about how the site seems to turn more and more right-wing, and the mod just told him to report it to the mods, so that made me openly question if that would be worth the effort...

Anyway, got banned for a week for 'criticising' the website...(!) Somehow, some mods are quite a bit oversensitive... (which IMHO makes them the complete opposite of being suitable mods, but hey, that's just me....)

As far as Taeko is concerned, I truly hope he IS going through a terrible time in his life. He's a major asshole who enjoys abusing his powers, so fuck him. You know that saying how bad things always happen to good people. Well, perhaps this time bad stuff happens to a complete jackass.

There are very few legit reasons to BAN people from a site. Just spam-bombing, posting REALLY inappropriate pictures (gore crap and such), and some other stuff. But I always believe a good community regulates itself and corrects eachother, even in heavy emotional discussions. You might have a few flying of the handle, and then more reasonable voices will step in and hush things up a bit. Personally, I would just let that stuff play out naturally. Most stuff online can simply be 'fought' by discussing it rationally, reasonably, and most of all, simply out in the open.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Markgway » 21 Aug 2014, 11:21

Mo wrote:I remember around a decade ago, I went off on Markgway, I might have even gone after his mom it was that bad.
I don't remember that!! :mad:

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Yi-Long » 21 Aug 2014, 12:36

I remember we once had a 'post your desktop' thread, and I hid a small poke towards Brad on my desktop, with a folder called 'Brad's naked mom pics' or something, but no one caught it :P

Beat TG
Pedicab Driver

Unread post by Beat TG » 21 Aug 2014, 21:08

Welcome back Yi-Long.

Mo
Pedicab Driver

Unread post by Mo » 21 Aug 2014, 21:13

Markgway wrote:
Mo wrote:I remember around a decade ago, I went off on Markgway, I might have even gone after his mom it was that bad.
I don't remember that!! :mad:
It was awhile ago during the cooks thread. Actually it was a thread I created about best endings in a movie. I felt that you came in and shit all over my thread and I lost it. But it's funny to look back on it. My favorite part was when someone agreed with you, or they would tell me to calm down, I would accuse them of being my enemy. But I think I ended up PMing you an apology when I realized how crazy I looked. I think it might have taken about a year before I sent that apology

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Yi-Long » 21 Aug 2014, 23:22

Beat TG wrote:Welcome back Yi-Long.
Thanks Beat :)

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Markgway » 22 Aug 2014, 00:45

Mo wrote:
Markgway wrote:It was awhile ago during the cooks thread. Actually it was a thread I created about best endings in a movie. I felt that you came in and shit all over my thread and I lost it. But it's funny to look back on it. My favorite part was when someone agreed with you, or they would tell me to calm down, I would accuse them of being my enemy. But I think I ended up PMing you an apology when I realized how crazy I looked. I think it might have taken about a year before I sent that apology
All's well, ends well.... :)

Mo
Pedicab Driver

Unread post by Mo » 22 Aug 2014, 01:02

Yeah I know it's all good between me and you. I remember a bit more about that apology I sent you. I think I was really depressed and I asked you something like "can we be friends?" I remember thinking there is no way this guy will forgive me, because I had gone off on you a couple other times also, but I remember you sending me a nice PM back. I couldn't believe it!

You should have seen me on the stunt people site. Beat TG remembers. I was so mad, and then when I got banned, I really lost it. I actually got so mad that I somehow managed to force myself back on the forum. It has to be one of the biggest blow ups in internet history.

But no worries these days. I just come on forums now to learn and to be entertained.

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Yi-Long » 22 Aug 2014, 01:19

I've never been mad online TBH. I know Brad one time completely went crazy though, which was hilarious. Sadly, a mod dropped by and deleted all that.

Mo
Pedicab Driver

Unread post by Mo » 22 Aug 2014, 01:29

I was a very angry person when I first started going on the internet, and it completely carried over to my online posting. Finally I realized there's no reason to take it so seriously.

Mo
Pedicab Driver

Unread post by Mo » 22 Aug 2014, 01:39

Who are the other people to be banned in recent years on KFC? Dragonsword and wuxiafan are all I can think of. Why did they get banned? Other than a few user names from Daigoro that seem to have been banned, are there any I'm forgetting?

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by HungFist » 22 Aug 2014, 05:24

Mo wrote:Who are the other people to be banned in recent years on KFC? Dragonsword and wuxiafan are all I can think of. Why did they get banned? Other than a few user names from Daigoro that seem to have been banned, are there any I'm forgetting?
If you look at some of the old threads, all posters in them are banned :lol:

Mo
Pedicab Driver

Unread post by Mo » 22 Aug 2014, 06:04

Haha you are right. We all got banned back when they made the switch to KFC.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Markgway » 22 Aug 2014, 12:07

I used to be a lot angrier than I am now.

I still swear sometimes, but have definitely mellowed.

Which is why my banning was particularly odd.

Although I wasn't banned for being offensive, but for daring to argue.

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Yi-Long » 22 Aug 2014, 13:44

I pretty much only get banned when some moderator is offended in some way or another, usually because they feel I 'criticise' the forum/site or whatever. Fucking ridiculous. Often when another, more rational, mod notices what's happened, it gets fixed btw, but obviously in the case of Taeko, it seems clear he seems to be running that KFC ship...

Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Unread post by Masterofoneinchpunch » 22 Aug 2014, 17:01

HungFist wrote:
Mo wrote:Who are the other people to be banned in recent years on KFC? Dragonsword and wuxiafan are all I can think of. Why did they get banned? Other than a few user names from Daigoro that seem to have been banned, are there any I'm forgetting?
If you look at some of the old threads, all posters in them are banned :lol:
There have been a couple of bans where the mod did a wipe out of the individual (all posts, all messages etc... -- scorched Earth policy) I had one individual message me stating that he was fed up and going to complain and the next day all my messages from him were gone, his posts were gone too -- no guest posts.)

Beat TG
Pedicab Driver

Unread post by Beat TG » 22 Aug 2014, 18:24

Mo wrote:You should have seen me on the stunt people site. Beat TG remembers. I was so mad, and then when I got banned, I really lost it. I actually got so mad that I somehow managed to force myself back on the forum. It has to be one of the biggest blow ups in internet history.

But no worries these days. I just come on forums now to learn and to be entertained.
All this time I thought you was someone else from KFC, good to see you here Morgoth. And yeah, I remember that time and looking back I wholeheartedly regret the incident that were the result of me getting you mad. It's all good now as I've learned to respect opinions and openly discuss to teach as well as to be taught by others.
Last edited by Beat TG on 22 Aug 2014, 21:10, edited 1 time in total.

Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Markgway » 22 Aug 2014, 20:00

It's great that we're all getting along so well now.

Next time anyone feels like their blood pressure is rising...

Remember this...

grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by grim_tales » 22 Aug 2014, 21:51

Sometimes occasionally I can feel a fucking angry person in real life, but it kinda bubbles under the surface. I feel angry yet I dont want to make a scene even though some people can be assholes.

Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Unread post by Masterofoneinchpunch » 22 Aug 2014, 22:13

grim_tales wrote:Sometimes occasionally I can feel a fucking angry person in real life, but it kinda bubbles under the surface. I feel angry yet I dont want to make a scene even though some people can be assholes.
Actually it is usually best to not do anything because things can escalate. Best to avoid it because it can cause so many different issues later on (jail, being sued etc...). I do have a temper (has nothing to do with being Irish :); funny thing is that one can fight better when one is not blitzed with rage), but unless there is a good reason to do a confrontation (preventing someone from being hurt or other important reason) take the high road and use a Zen-like calmness to avert the situation.

Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Unread post by Yi-Long » 22 Aug 2014, 22:29

grim_tales wrote:Sometimes occasionally I can feel a fucking angry person in real life, but it kinda bubbles under the surface. I feel angry yet I dont want to make a scene even though some people can be assholes.
Everyone gets angry from time to time, Grim. Especially in real life. That's normal :)

Online, I never get angry in discussions. Sometimes a bit irritated by stupidity from those you're having a discussion with, but I've always been pretty goddamn civil.
Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:
Actually it is usually best to not do anything because things can escalate. Best to avoid it because it can cause so many different issues later on (jail, being sued etc...). I do have a temper (has nothing to do with being Irish :); funny thing is that one can fight better when one is not blitzed with rage), but unless there is a good reason to do a confrontation (preventing someone from being hurt or other important reason) take the high road and use a Zen-like calmness to avert the situation.
I usually go pretty fucking quiet when I'm getting extremely annoyed or someone's in my face. Someone cutting in line, or assholes being assholes or whatever. Usually people also quickly back off once they see me like that. At KFC in Utrecht some tourists cut in line, and I tapped them on the shoulder, and they immediately moved to the back of the line. My girlfriend said I had a look on my face as if I was about to kill the both of them... :D

It's been a long time since I've been in fights, but the last couple of fights I was pretty calm and collected. I'm not sure how I would do nowadays, cause like I said, it's been quite a while. I assume it also depends on the situation, and if you're feeling OK, if you're scared, if you've got someone with you who could get hurt, etc etc. Luckily, I don't get into trouble that much.