I've just got banned from KFC!

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: I've just got banned from KFC!

Post by Markgway »

Shingster wrote:You're not going to be re-instated at KFC unless you apologise to Taeko for the expletive-laced PMs (read: polite scottish slang) at the start of the whole incident I bet. Up to you really mate.
I have no problem apologising if someone is offended by my language. However, I don't believe that was the issue which got me banned. My best guess as to why I was shut out without reply - since I've never actually been told - is that I objected to being threatened with a ban for disagreeing with a mod's ultimatum. Do I even want to return to a forum where disagreement isn't allowed? No. I never saw my complaint as the genesis of some power play - I honestly felt I was making a valid anti-censorship statement for the good of the forum and suspected others felt the same (ironic given how many turned against me) - but it appears Teako did and took personal affront to my robust accusation that he ruled with a heavy hand. I was under the impression that Teako was a mod (one of several) by voluntary consensus and not chief of an autocratic private enterprise - did he consult any of the others before banning me?
Just for the record I think permanently banning you was an immense over-reaction on the KFC mod's part, but you did force his hand by constantly challenging his rulings.
Constantly? Which other times did I criticize Teako? And even if I did isn't criticism allowed thanks to free speech? If one mod makes up (vaguely outlined) rules do members have NO right to question them? If HungFist decided to ban any criticism of, say, Japanese Cinema on these forums would that be acceptable? He is after all a mod. If I PM Hung to tell him he's out of line (or fucking out of line)should I be banned?
With that in mind I think Kung Fu Bob's posts over on KFC are very reasonable and you should cut him some slack on any "judgement" of you he's made.
Bob's posts were a source of disappointment for me. His line being that 'even though Teako hasn't justified Mark's ban I choose to agree with it anyway. He's probably guilty... and can be a bit of an angry dick.' Now if Teako had explained his decision in full (and honestly) and then Bob agreed with him... at least that I could understand. I wouldn't be thrilled but I'd understand. I've been condemned by several (who claim to like me!) without any evidence whatsoever. One poster (Chinatown Kid) just used the opportunity to take cheap shots (which he's since done to another banned member - but that's apparently OK).
You probably invited a temporary ban (a week at most maybe?)
Based on what? What do you know that I don't? What have I said so far that has made you think Teako was in any way in the right?
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

From what I can gather from your initial post and that last thread on KFC:

1. KFC puts up new rules, clamping down on "inappropriate material" (completely subjective in its definition of course, I'll grant you that)
2. Not long after you post a rather tame but still slightly risqué image (no nudity, but enough skin to get some folk in a lather no doubt!)
3. It goes missing, you complain (you're not alone in that). This is removed by a mod, you complain about that.
4. Mod PMs you, threatening a ban if you don't quit the complaints. You complain again, then get banned.

Now it doesn't take a genius to see where you went wrong here (and by that I don't mean you were wrong in wanting to complain, you clearly had something to complain about). Yes the mod should have been upfront about all his actions, but as you've said elsewhere in this thread: he has all the power and you don't. You're an intelligent guy Mark, you must have known the score when the image was removed in the first place, so why kick up a stink over something so trivial? It's not even that good a pic! Why even post it in the first place in light of the new rules? I understand you had principles to maintain, but in the grand scheme of internet transgressions the surreptitious removal of an erotic image by a moderator isn't really much of a big deal. Removing posts that criticise a moderator's decision is plain unfair, but hey: you shake it off.

This is gonna sound borderline "anti American" and it is a bit of a lazy generalisation, but I've been around the internet long enough and joined up to enough American forums run by American moderators to know that in general they don't fuck around like us Brits. If they feel someone is challenging their authority and causing a forums stink they will whitewash the whole thing and ban you behind the scenes. I've seen it happen so, so many times on Anime boards over the years. Heck I saw it a few months back on Blu-ray.com in the Halloween BD thread. You're now in a situation where you feel you can't possibly go back to a forum you've been a prominent (some would say essential) member for almost a decade. I admire your tenacity in upholding your principals, but I'm willing to bet good money that you're hurting more than Taeko is right now! The only way you beat petty moderators is to swallow your pride and be almost unctuously polite with them when you do have to complain, riling up mods rarely ends well in my experience! Not once have I ever seen a mod step down in a situation where it's one member's complaints about censorship or a ban, even after the fact when more members later rally to defend that member. Site owners/admins almost always take the side of their staff over the regular members. Maybe that's just me though! :dontknow:

Like I say though, I sympathise with you & if I were a member of the KFC forums I'd be one of the first guys calling for your reinstatement, because it's absolutely ridiculous slapping an indefinite ban on someone just for rudely challenging a handful of moderating decisions! God knows how these people cope in the real world away from the "authority" afforded them by websites and work.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Markgway wrote: Who was that again? Was it a regular?
I'm pretty sure it was Godzooki.

(Not related to that incident but) do you remember what was the problem with Brad being a mod? I can't remember why we took his power away from him :D
RetroRobot wrote:Link please.... :D
Oh, what the hell...
http://youtu.be/ab7IK5s0UL4?t=7m28s

They're collecting a second set of people for Yuipuru "fan service" but they're short of one person. You can then hear Nishimura say at 7:37 there's a guy from Finland and points at me (I introduced myself to him earlier that day). Yui even says "it's tasty" to convince me, which doesn't matter really cause Naoya Tashiro comes and drags me out of my seat anyway...

I became a victim of "Japanese culture" :lol: Or rather, Yubari culture as one friend pointed out :D

People in the vid:
Yoshihiro Nishimura (the bald guy): Director, Tokyo Gore Police, Helldriver
Taoya Tashiro (the young guy): Director, Naked Sister, Hell of the College Girls
Maki Mizui (co-host): actress (also AV) and Nishimura's assistant
Yuipuru: Yui Murata (the singer): actress: Robo-Geisha, Karate-Robo Zaborgar
Creepy Man: Air-sex zombie who won My Sex competition the previous night (main prize: Herschell Gordon Lewis BD box)
Finlandojin: me

Seriously, I'm afraid of this year's Yubari. Nishimura's there's again, and one of his program numbers is " Kiri kiri SM night with Eihi Shiina". This time I'm not gonna go if he calls me :lol:
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Looked like your typical Japanese super terrific fun time :) I can imagine worse people spitting beer on me. Damn, the director seems like quite a character.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

RetroRobot wrote:Looked like your typical Japanese super terrific fun time :) I can imagine worse people spitting beer on me. Damn, the director seems like quite a character.
Only if I could share some of the stuff that went on in Yubari last year... such as
- American movie producer getting hit in the face by an AV / B film actress' boob so hard his glasses fly into the audience
- Jessica (the nazi mutant from the ABC's of Death closing episode) doing striptease
- Zombie air sex performance
- Tashiro's romantic comedy about a 100 cm rubber penis dating with a human girl (karaoke, dinners, walking hand to hand...)

And yes, Nishimura's quite a character. Here he (and Noboru Iguchi) decide to take bath in Yubari at (4 min 30 sec)...
http://youtu.be/WS2IJPa3Bzw?t=4m30s

And here's Maki Mizui entertaining Yubari audience
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BrlkLFyazg

Talked with her a few times last year. She's a nice girl. Though obviously had/having a hard life. Her wrists were full of cutting marks...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Shingster wrote:You're an intelligent guy Mark, you must have known the score when the image was removed in the first place, so why kick up a stink over something so trivial? It's not even that good a pic! Why even post it in the first place in light of the new rules? I understand you had principles to maintain, but in the grand scheme of internet transgressions the surreptitious removal of an erotic image by a moderator isn't really much of a big deal. Removing posts that criticise a moderator's decision is plain unfair, but hey: you shake it off.
Maybe my principles are more important to me than being a member of a forum? If the pic had included nudity I wouldn't have kicked up a stink. If Teako had told me he was offended by my use of strong language I would've apologised. These really aren't the issues. I believe it's for Teako to defend his abuse of power. He refuses and so that's the end of it. I haven't posted on KFC in nearly two months and yet somehow I'm able to sleep at night. ;) Life goes on... KFC is just one forum (and a declining one at that). The real experts (not me) don't post very often, if at all.
Heck I saw it a few months back on Blu-ray.com in the Halloween BD thread.
I post there too and almost got caught up in someone else's argument. A whole bunch of posts were removed - mine included - because one - not mine - crossed the line. A mod admitted as much to me. If a conversation goes in a direction they feel is unacceptable they whitewash. At least that mod was polite about it all and assured me I wasn't the problem. I know the infamous thread you speak of: What colour are leaves in Illinois in October? :D
You're now in a situation where you feel you can't possibly go back to a forum you've been a prominent (some would say essential) member for almost a decade. I admire your tenacity in upholding your principals, but I'm willing to bet good money that you're hurting more than Taeko is right now!
You'd think, but no. It only bothered me for about a week. Then I realised I wasn't missing anything but the trades. And anyone who wants me now knows where to find me. :)
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Shingster wrote:As for all the people jumping ship: Obviously we're extremely happy to have you, but after reading that KFC thread it sounds like some of you will be seriously missed, I'd reconsider going back to the fold tbh! Just continue to post here as well! :D
Thanks. But as far as returning to KFC as an active contributing member, that's not in the cards any time soon. Like I previously mentioned, the whole ban thing was not the main reason for my decision, only one of many factors. As for the few people that said I would be missed, that's very nice and appreciated, but im sure they'll get over it :) There's a lot of cool folks over there, who's posts I can still enjoy in silence.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

Shingster wrote:...This is gonna sound borderline "anti American" and it is a bit of a lazy generalisation, but I've been around the internet long enough and joined up to enough American forums run by American moderators to know that in general they don't fuck around like us Brits. ...
Hey now, I do think there are at least a few of us admins/mods in the Colonies who aren't bloody barmpots. :) I helped create and admin one site to get away from dictatorial dicks (yes I do imagine they go on dates.)

I'll say it again, one of the reasons I like the suspension versus banning is that it gives everyone time to cool off. A mod should expect some flack and understand how to deal with people. It is hard, but do not give into the initial heated moment, give someone a chance to cool down. The worst thing a mod can do, and I've seen this on countless sites, is get on a person and inflame the situation and instead of trying to mitagate a situation they make it worse. Also, and this is very important, people have bad days and we are all human (I hope). You should always give long running members a bit of slack. So they piss you off, so what. Once again suspension is the key to let things cool down if you feel it is a neccessity. Also banning a long time member should never be done without a mod/admin vote (unless it involves illegal activity, then a mod needs to do it as quick as possible.) Plus also when you have a member who has had multiple suspensions it is easy to understand a ban -- this makes it less upsetting to other members. The banning of Mark, as we know, upset people and in my opinion rightfully so. It makes you wonder if you have a bad day or fight for something you think is right and then you no longer have access to a board where you have thousands of posts.

Yeah, site admins rarely go against mods, but as this place is an example it does happen (I've done it as well, never pleasent business though, then you start worrying, while they still have mod powers, what damage they can do, this is even worse if they have admin powers -- for example since I know SQL, you don't even want to know what imaginative things I can do not counting jokes where say you can make everyone's post count to 666 on April 1st -- they key to this joke is to make sure you back up the post count table.)
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

It is a lazy generalisation like I say, didn't want it to sound like I was singling out american forums or moderators in particular as most the boards I visit are American, run chiefly by Americans who do a great job of it, but yeah I've found that when I have come across the actions of overzealous or petty mods there tends to be a difference in American mods and European mods in that the European guys just don't give a shit and almost flaunt their power in front of everyone (but at least the person being censored knows where they stand), whereas American mods like to do everything behind the scenes with less fuss, often to the point where the person being punished doesn't have a clue why he's being punished (I've seen some weird shit over the years with regards to that as well! :D).

Again though, this is just the petty guys that you inevitably get everywhere on every type of forum. Let's face it the role of moderator is bound to attract 3 types of people: The dedicated and helpful guys who want to give back to a community, "take charge" types who think it's important to have order & have honourable intentions but at times need to remind themselves that not everyone appreciates being bossed around, and egocentric dickheads who get off on the somewhat faux authority that comex with the role. I suspect this Taeko mod over on KFC is the take charge type.
themoose77
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by themoose77 »

I haven't read through this thread yet, so will keep my opinions for myself for the time being. But I must plead guilt for posting a few saucy pics of Kara Hui Yin Hung and a completely nude pic of Michiko Nishwaki on KFC. http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/albu ... lbumid=264
"So. You wanna see how good you are? Hhm, you must be tired of living!"
themoose77
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by themoose77 »

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Excellent second post! Welcome to Bullets, where boobs are not considered dangerous :cheers:

(she's not completely nude, though, she seems to be wearing white pants, but keep dreaming :D )
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I don't think Michiko has done full frontal.
themoose77
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Want to be a KFC mod?

Post by themoose77 »

Rhymes with rico is looking to recruit a couple of new mods from the users of the KFC forum. KungFuBoB is a popular choice. I recommend Markgway step up for it. :thumbs: http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/show ... hp?t=21308
themoose77
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Post by themoose77 »

Oh Look! I found more boobies on KFC :icon_suspect: http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/albu ... ureid=2173
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

You have to be logged in to see those links.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Retro, did you see the thread at KFC asking about you?

Also, there was some recent activity about Mark and his previous high count of posts over there. I noted that currently Kung Fu Bob has the highest tally.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Yeah, I saw it. That's nice. Though I think some of them fail to realise that when I registered back in the day, I chose the always logged in option, so just because it says that im online, that's not necessarily so. But I do check in from time to time, that's true.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Masterofoneinchpunch wrote:I noted that currently Kung Fu Bob has the highest tally.
No wonder he wanted rid of me! :lol:
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

I've not been able to log in at KFC for a week now. I couldn't remember my password so did the "send me a new one" thing and I never recived the new one.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

You're not missing much, unless you wanna gush ad infinitum about The Raid 2 :D

But seriously, you could always hit up a mod on facebook I guess, though it shouldn't have to be that complicated. One Armed Boxer and Karlos were just made mods, and One Armed Boxer has posted here, so you could pm him through here. Though im blanking on his username right now.
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

RetroRobot wrote:You're not missing much, unless you wanna gush ad infinitum about The Raid 2 :D ...
The over abundance of Raid 2 talk annoys me because the dang film is not playing in my area. So I've just avoided the thread(s) since the movie came out.
Killer Meteor
Hail the Judge!

Post by Killer Meteor »

GoldrenDragon whatever seems obbsessed with umpteen threads.
bradavon wrote:
but I guess you're more intelligence than me.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I haven't missed KFC in the slightest.

I took a peak the other day and it looked boring as hell.
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Ivan Drago wrote:GoldrenDragon whatever seems obbsessed with umpteen threads.
Dude is 70 going on 16. But hey, retired folks have a lot hours to fill.

Were you able to log in again?