DVD Profiler

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

DVD Profiler

Post by grim_tales »

Don't know if anyone still uses this but I went to back up my collection yesterday and kept getting this message:

DVD Profiler is unable to acquire access to the file. Please check file and directory attributes and permissions.

Never had that before :dontknow: Got the same message when I tried a new blank disc.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: DVD Profiler

Post by grim_tales »

I managed to back up the database fine a month or so back but now I have a new problem.
Whenever I update my collection and then want to send it to the "Online Collection" thing it messes about with my username and password (?) like someone hacked my details or something, displaying a different username (some letters/characters are different) and different password and even when I ask it to change the password it says "Please check your internet connection and try again" :? But my connection is fine?!
RetroRobot
Flirting Scholar

Post by RetroRobot »

Sounds like that site is riddled with all kinds of cyber threats. Wouldn't go near it if it was me.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I can upload my collection now, but when I enter my username and check the "remember me" box, it changes to weird type again and says "Username and password not recognised" :?
Masterofoneinchpunch
King of Beggars

Post by Masterofoneinchpunch »

Do you use or have you thought about using filmaf.com? For an online database I like it.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I don't use that (not heard of it) I'm afraid, but may use another free application if Profiler keeps giving me problems (I paid for an Unlimited reg long ago). :)