The off-topic topic

Literally. Unless it Should Go Elsewhere
saltysam8
Jackie Chan's Little Toe

Re: The off-topic topic

Post by saltysam8 »

Are Shingster & Hung still mods here? i've go a new PC and i've lost/forgotten my password and the email address i registered with went years ago :? If either can help me with a new password i'd be grateful!
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

password changed and pm sent
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Markgway wrote:Spielberg to direct his own biopic:

http://hollywoodandswine.com/steven-spi ... rg-biopic/
:D
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

Is it just me, or does this dog look like Jeff Bridges?

HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

This SM hotel in Tokyo scares the living shit out of me...
upload/HungFist/tokyohot1.jpg
upload/HungFist/tokyohot2.jpg
(technically speaking the pictures are work safe, but they may not be shock safe, so direct links instead of images)

Looks like something out of Grotesque or Guinea Pig. Motherfucker, Im gonna lose my night's sleep from that sight...

(yes, I didn't want to put this in the Japan thread cause love hotels in general are a beuatiful invention and need not be tarnished with these images...)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

just back from hospital where i had the pleasure of undergoing an endoscopy procedure :oops: :(
working class blu-ray fan
gasteropod
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by gasteropod »

saltysam wrote:just back from hospital where i had the pleasure of undergoing an endoscopy procedure :oops: :(
Uhhh, which end did it go in?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

gasteropod wrote:
saltysam wrote:just back from hospital where i had the pleasure of undergoing an endoscopy procedure :oops: :(
Uhhh, which end did it go in?
The rear urrgh :oops:
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

Isn't that called an colonoscopy!?

I've had a few of those, trying to figure out what's wrong with me (stomach-issues). TBH, the actual procedure is mostly just embarrassing. The worst part for me was the days before where you had to drink some horrible stuff which would 'clean out' your system, meaning you'd be pretty much flushing out all your crap on the toilet the whole day, and obviously feeling very very weak.

For the colonoscopy, they just give you a 'snoozer', so you aren't really experiencing it.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Yi-Long wrote:Isn't that called an colonoscopy!?

I've had a few of those, trying to figure out what's wrong with me (stomach-issues). TBH, the actual procedure is mostly just embarrassing. The worst part for me was the days before where you had to drink some horrible stuff which would 'clean out' your system, meaning you'd be pretty much flushing out all your crap on the toilet the whole day, and obviously feeling very very weak.

For the colonoscopy, they just give you a 'snoozer', so you aren't really experiencing it.
proper name was sigmoidoscopy i think. yeah that stuff was awful,litre at 7pm and then another litre at 6am the next morning. as you say it ws embarrassing and i found it very uncomfortable rather than painful i opted for no anesthetic.
Yi-Long
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Yi-Long »

The shittiest part for me was when they hadn't found anything wrong inside. At this point, I just want them to find the cause of my problem so we can fix it, or at least we can give it a name, instead of just telling people: "Nobody knows!"

I went to a chinese doctor 1-2 weeks orso ago, and he said it's because I've got a 'cold' stomach and 'warm' bowels, and he has given me some advice on what to eat and also given me 4 days worth of medicine, which will make things worse before they get better, but I can only start when my girlfriend's family goes back to Holland, cause we're in a small appartment right now and in the middle of the hollidays, so can't really 'claim' the bathroom right now and feel sick and weak everyday... :(

Not looking forward to Januari, although obviously IF it works, it will hopefully be worth it.

TBH though, I've already tried so many things in the past that I've become pretty skeptical that this problem will ever be solved.

The doctor also felt my pulse and says I have a weak heart and very weak blood-pressure and probably blood clots or whatever.
I was there, the big BNB blackout of november, 2008. We lost many that day...
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

Yi-Long wrote:The doctor also felt my pulse and says I have a weak heart and very weak blood-pressure and probably blood clots or whatever.
Fuck. I'd be heading for the nearest emergency room. :(

I had one of those scopey things a few years ago but they put it up through my nose and down my throat into my stomach. Played havoc with my gag reflex.
HungFist
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by HungFist »

saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Posted 2 blu-rays in one jiffy bag yesterday,first time i've personally posted any for ages.£2.70 first class :icon_suspect: pretty sure last time it was 65p for a single disc.didn't realise postal rates had gone up that much.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

blimey 3 months without a post in here...used to be a lively thread :D anyway after some opinions...going through a restructuring process at work currently and the working conditions on the table are a 4 day week of 8hr 45min shifts....we currently work 5 days at 7hrs...we'll get a pay rise as well...but the shifts are horrendous....4am starts on earlies and 01:30am finishes on lates....but only in 4 days a week is tempting....what do you think?
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

4am starts sounds awful :(
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

grim_tales wrote:4am starts sounds awful :(
i agree but the 32k salary is tempting
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

I would take the new deal.

You get used to longer hours and the extra cash and day off is very attractive (also if you drive the roads are really quiet at those times - no more rush hour jams).
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:I would take the new deal.

You get used to longer hours and the extra cash and day off is very attractive (also if you drive the roads are really quiet at those times - no more rush hour jams).
i don't drive so would be faced with leaving the house at 2:45am for the 35-40 minute walk to catch the 3:30am cross-river bus...then the same situation in reverse on the late shift.suppose i could look into getting a scooter but i've never been confident on one of those.
Markgway
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Markgway »

saltysam wrote:i don't drive so would be faced with leaving the house at 2:45am for the 35-40 minute walk to catch the 3:30am cross-river bus...then the same situation in reverse on the late shift.suppose i could look into getting a scooter but i've never been confident on one of those.
That's quite a different scenario. You don't want to be relying on bus rides and long dark walks in the early hours. What about taxis? Not cheap but safer - and if the extra wage offsets this? I used to have a job that finished after the last bus left and to walk in my neighbourhood at night would've been plain stupid so I got a taxi (only two nights a week). You have to weigh up the pros and cons and do what you feel best.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Markgway wrote:
That's quite a different scenario. You don't want to be relying on bus rides and long dark walks in the early hours. What about taxis? Not cheap but safer - and if the extra wage offsets this? I used to have a job that finished after the last bus left and to walk in my neighbourhood at night would've been plain stupid so I got a taxi (only two nights a week). You have to weigh up the pros and cons and do what you feel best.
used to do it years ago before i got promoted.....wasn't safe then really.Taxis you'd be talking £8-£9 each shift which adds up...not so simple as saying yay or nay as i'm the union rep for 14 staff across 3 depots and i have to go with what they want regardless of my circumstances..not an ideal situation really.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Get yourself a hovercraft salty! It'd be like the river never existed! :D
Seriously though, why not get a bicycle?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Shingster wrote: Seriously though, why not get a bicycle?
there's restrictions on riding a bike through the mersey tunnel :icon_suspect:
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by Shingster »

Ah I know nothing about Liverpool! I take it you would need the Kingsway Tunnel and not the Queensway?
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Shingster wrote:Ah I know nothing about Liverpool! I take it you would need the Kingsway Tunnel and not the Queensway?
Hmm could go though either though the Kingsway is handier for me i see they allow bikes through the queensway at the hours i need....suppose it would keep me fit