The General DVD/HD Disc Bargains Thread!

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I didnt mean it wasnt a bargain, just that I'm interested in buying it. :)
Are you interested in GWTW? £15 is a very good price for that.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:Are you interested in GWTW?
One day.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Yeah, maybe 1 day for me as well.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Wing Chun HKL is £7.49, it's normally over a tenner.

Why they normally charge so much for this title is beyond me.

I'm not interested in buying to many DVDs right now (my DVD cupboard is stuffed to the brim for one) but I just know it will go back to £10-12 very soon.

p.s - Other HKL 'possible' bargains here:

http://www.play.com/?P36=NG79Q&page=promo&R=r2&id=854
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Tru Calling Seasons 1 and 2 (8 disc set) was £29.99 in Woolies today. It includes "6 never before seen episodes" (that werent shown on Sky I imagine).

Don't know if I'd buy this but had seen a couple of episodes and quite liked it :)
Also "24" (Season 1-4 set) is £75 at Play.

Tempted by this, especially since I never got round to seeing the end of S3 or 4, but £75 is still a hell of a lot to spend in one go! :D

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=pfa& ... tle=633006 :D
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

To much!

Series 1-2 are £15 each on eBay.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

How much are seasons 3/4 I still think it will work out cheaper to buy the big box.
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

Brad - most of the seasons 1 and 2 that sell for £15 on ebay are the Asian import versions.

I got my season 1 - 4 boxset for £70 from bensonsworld. Already had seasons 1 & 3. Sold season 1 for £20 and expect to get the same for season 3 when I'm done with it.

That's £40 back, so I'm getting seasons 2 & 4 for equivalanet of £30 = £15 each. Season 4 when it is released will be about £30 on its own, so I think it is well worth buying the big box set.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

grim_tales wrote:How much are seasons 3/4 I still think it will work out cheaper to buy the big box.
Have a look. It changes every few minutes.
degeneration wrote:Brad - most of the seasons 1 and 2 that sell for £15 on ebay are the Asian import versions.
About half are. You're right it's obvious which are fakes and which aren't.

The ones which aren't fakes are half the price as regular e-tailors.

Personally spending £70 in one go is far to much for me. Especially when you can get Series 1-2 for £15-6 each. I'm sure the others will follow.
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

Yeah if you are willing to wait you'll be able to pick up all 4 seasons for about £15 each at some point, but for people who are wanting season 4 ASAP after it is released, even if you already have seasons 1 - 3, this big box is the way to go.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

House Of Flying Daggers 2 Disc UK R2 for £5.99 -

http://www.blahdvd.com/blah/Default.asp ... P916301001

Yes Grim this is cut by 18 seconds before you ask but it's also stacked with extras for those who don't mind double dipping and like their extras.

I've ordered it as the commentary looks like it's worth checking out at least. I'll compare it to my HK R3 SE and see if I can notice the cuts. If they don't bother me I'll trade my HK R3 SE.

With thanks to Willard at AV Forums (top site btw):

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226315
f_drew
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by f_drew »

Sammo Boxset up at DDDHouse. Anyone know whether this is any good ? At this price, should come under the customs limit, no ?
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

If it's £18 or under before postage sold outside of the EU then Yes (inside the EU the customs limit doesn't apply).

It should be very good but bare in mnd all 3 are already out on R1 from Fox (whose MA DVDs are usually sub £5) so the AV won't be any different BAR subs and 5.1 vs. Mono of course. HOWEVER the PR for this doesn't mention the original audio like it usually does so it may just come down to subs vs. dub.

p.s - Check out DVD Times for more info.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Brad, Play have another sale on (3 for £20) in addition to their summer sale. I'd definitely get TGTBATU SE for 7 quid. Also have you seen:
Not One Less
The Emperor And The Assassin

I've seen TEATA some time ago (not on a very good DVD though), I found it a bit slow I think (very well made though).
Not One Less looks interesting.
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Thanks I'll have a look.

"The Emperor And The Assassin" - No but I want to.
"Not One Less" - No
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Is NOL any good (anyone who's seen it?) :)
f_drew
Jackie Chan's BIG toe

Post by f_drew »

f_drew wrote:Sammo Boxset up at DDDHouse. Anyone know whether this is any good ? At this price, should come under the customs limit, no ?
Also up at CDWow. The first pressing is supposed to be limited too ! ;)

I'll be interested to see screenshot comparisons betwenn the HKLs, these and the R1s to see whether it's worth purchasing this.
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

The R1 Buffy the Vampire Slayer complete series LE 40-disc boxset is up for pre-order on Amazon for the utter bargain price of $139.99USD.

I already have it on pre-order, been waiting for a good priced complete series set of Buffy. I've only seen Season 6&7, I loved 'em.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

You only seen 6 and 7!!!!!!!! :? Thats criminal.

You cannot watch a TV show and miss everything that came before, surley nothing at all made any sense in any way?, as the provious 5 seasons told a massive story, and you just caught the end :D I just wont even bother with a TV show if I dont start from episode 1 that why I only buy them now so I can watch them when I want and never miss an episode, its the only way.

Buy Angel as well, as I would say thats better than Buffy as they do it all a bit harder and nastier :D also both shows have cross over episodes and stories and cast.

but as you started Buffy late you probibly wont know who anyone is :mrgreen: Buffy and Angel rely on knowlege of previous seasons to get most the jokes, stories, charecters etc.. so you missed a lot, so getting the full set with recify that Big Time.

Hope you love it as much as me. :D
degeneration
Royal Tramp

Post by degeneration »

romerojpg wrote: Hope you love it as much as me. :D
Is that possible? :lol:
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

Yup, have you not seen the Buffy freaks on the net :?

they scare me! I dont know all the words, dress up in costumes and prey to her everynight, somepeople do!
EvaUnit02
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by EvaUnit02 »

Sendit.com are currently having a "World Cinema Sale".
http://www.sendit.com/video/promotion/0 ... d_cinema.1
Most of the films are priced at £7.49.

Amongst the titles are Kitano's Dolls, Infernal Affairs, the original Tartan NTSC-PAL release of Battle Royale TC, The Cooler and that acclaimed Aussie /Toni Collette flick Japanese Story.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

Mummy Legends 5 disc set (R2) - £11.99 @ Play

This is a 5 discer, containing 2 disc SE's (?) of The Mummy, Mummy Returns and 1 disc (I think) for Scorpion King. :) (Never seen Scorpion King, quite liked the first Mummy though) :P

No DTS though :(

Are The Mummy/Mummy Returns the uncut versions? :?

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=pl&p ... tle=639074
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

Some DVD Pacific bargains can be found here: www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=257

With DVD Soon now unreliable I've decided to lock DVD Soon/Pacific thread. DVD Pacific bargains can be posted here.

If members want to discuss DVD Soon, DVD Pacific, CD WOW etc . . . then they can do so here:

www.bulletsnbabesdvd.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=822

Or if it doesn't go to off topic use either the CD WOW or General threads. These two are really for actual bargains though.
EvaUnit02 wrote:Sendit.com are currently having a "World Cinema Sale".
http://www.sendit.com/video/promotion/0 ... d_cinema.1
Most of the films are priced at £7.49.
Thanks Eva.

There are some cracking titles in there. Super Size Me for £5.99! OMG 'Japanese Story' also for £5.99. That is a huge bargain the film is outstanding!

I bougt it for £9.99 week of release.
grim_tales wrote:Are The Mummy/Mummy Returns the uncut versions? :?
If they were cut before I suspect they're still cut now. I can't see them being resubmitted.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

The Mummy was cut when it was rated "12" - however there is an uncut version on DVD somewhere with a "15" certificate.
Dunno about TMR? :?