CEX Question

Sell Your Stuff, and What's on Sale
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

CEX Question

Post by grim_tales »

Hey,
Do CEX take/trade in non UK R2 DVDs? I just bought Stranger Than Fiction BD but now I have the Finland R2 release with a weird title. :) Little point in having the film on DVD AND BD.
Shingster
Bruce Lee's Fist

Re: CEX Question

Post by Shingster »

You could give it a go but usually they scan the barcode to give you a price and there may not be a UK barcode on the back of a European DVD. They do give offers on titles that aren't scannable or simply aren't on their system though, so if the staff member isn't particularly clued up about European editions or the DVD trading laws then you might be lucky.

Of course, a film like Stranger than Fiction is only going to earn you around 40p on DVD so it's probably not worth the bother.
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I'll give it a go anyway, thanks Shing :) When I emailed and asked them they seemed to suggest a European DVD was OK so I'll try :)
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

Lol at Grim he scoffs at Romero saving 38p Quidco and yet is prepared to trek to CEX to get 40p for a scandanavian Will Ferrell release :clap: :notworthy: :lol: :P :cool: :thumbs: ;)
working class blu-ray fan
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

I imagine he was going to that area anyway.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

bradavon wrote:I imagine he was going to that area anyway.
maybe he was,but if 38p is fuck all to him why bother trading a dvd for 40p :lol: serious question,would you call in at CEX for 40p or give the disc away?
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

saltysam wrote:Lol at Grim he scoffs at Romero saving 38p Quidco and yet is prepared to trek to CEX to get 40p for a scandanavian Will Ferrell release :clap: :notworthy: :lol: :P :cool: :thumbs: ;)
:lol: You could not even make this shit up really :thumbs:

Took me what 3 seconds? to earn that amount on a cashback site, it will take him far, far longer to talk about it online! then get there, then get served etc.. it will be hundreds of times more than I spent on a cahback site, pressing a button. classic.

Fukin classic :rock:
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

What's funnier is Brad justifying the double standards by suggesting he was going to the area anyway :clap:
bradavon
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by bradavon »

saltysam wrote:What's funnier is Brad justifying the double standards by suggesting he was going to the area anyway :clap:
Huh? Your point was Grim was going "only" to get 40p, instead of being in said town anyway. It's quite different. I wasn't commenting on any double standard.
saltysam wrote:maybe he was,but if 38p is fuck all to him why bother trading a dvd for 40p :lol: serious question,would you call in at CEX for 40p or give the disc away?
If I was walking past probably but like you say it is only 40p, so I may as well give it away. I have done in the past. £1 I would though, again if I was walking past.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

My point is correct and highlights some peoples hypocrisy perfectly :thumbs:
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

I've decided to give it away (on Imports Forum) :) I go into St. Albans town a lot anyway, its not like I'd go out of my way, anyway the point is I just want rid of the disc rather than any money I'd get, I dont really care that its "only" 40p or whatever so please be quiet Romero.
romerojpg
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by romerojpg »

grim_tales wrote: I dont really care that its "only" 40p or whatever so please be quiet Romero.
:lol: If you dont care, dont say dumb ass things and toss cash down the drain.
saltysam
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by saltysam »

The fact remains Grim you were prepared to head off into a town centre in search of 40p and yet scoffed at Romeo's 38p quidco windfall.If you fail to see the irony in that then you are definitely Brad ;)
grim_tales
Bruce Lee's Fist

Post by grim_tales »

All right, but I wouldnt go into town just for that, I'd do it on a day when I have other stuff to do :)